Thread: Any word on the other game modes?

Any word on the other game modes?

Any word on the other game modes?

These seem to come and go at their leisure and I never understood why.

Are they constantly changing them?

Is the population too small to split between them?

Do people just not play them?

it's nice to have a change of pace from TDM for a little CtB, or hell, even Flashpoint.

I feel like the only person who liked flashpoint.

Who knows. Somebody around here suggested merging all the modes into a single lobby and just voting on which mode is played each round. Seems like the only fix if population is indeed an issue. (Though really, nobody ever played Siege or Flashpoint)

The devs are doing it because they're still trying to work out bugs in the system, to my understanding? So they're still in alpha/beta modes, while TDM is pretty much where it needs to be, aside form the overall game-bugs that we see from time to time. That's why they switch them off, they test one with us while working on the other, and then they switch them out.

Coincidence or not...there is going to be a Siege event December 4.

https://youtu.be/s-3WqRkoJ4w?t=5m37s

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Who knows. Somebody around here suggested merging all the modes into a single lobby and just voting on which mode is played each round. Seems like the only fix if population is indeed an issue. (Though really, nobody ever played Siege or Flashpoint)
    I made the suggestion, but I only meant two options to choose from at a time. Basically the same thing that happens in Uncharted 2 if you pick "All Competitive Modes". You have two panels that each contain a random map and random game mode. The players just choose between the two panels. TDM need not be included, because that's the default and should always have it's own lobby.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I don't think I've played Siege.

I have played flashpoint and CtB though.

What's Siege like?

ANd the voting idea sounds pretty nice, though I'm afraid most people would pick TDM 90% of the time

Originally Posted by Raptr0s
    I don't think I've played Siege.

I have played flashpoint and CtB though.

What's Siege like?

ANd the voting idea sounds pretty nice, though I'm afraid most people would pick TDM 90% of the time
    I think siege is the old version of flashpoint. The same only simpler.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Siege IS flashpoint...but with tweaks to make it more balanced. In other words, flashpoint 2.0

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Siege IS flashpoint...but with tweaks to make it more balanced. In other words, flashpoint 2.0
    Isn't Flashpoint the 2.0 of Siege?

Not that it matters. Nobody played when it was up regularly. XP

I like siege/flashpoint.