Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is the file for the language in Soul Reaver 2 ?

but if it's the contrary for a chapter, if there is more French than English images, how will I do ?
    In such case it will be needed additional corrections in sr2.exe, I think. If it will be so, I look at French-version of this file.

OK. And how can I do that ?
    Since it is a problem, I will write the same script as I now have for SR1 to repacking locals.bin into txt (i.e. without header + with each string on their own string) and back.
    Though I will can do this not now - at first I will need to finish several tasks (work) on my official job.

OK. So I just need to change the extension of the files ?
    You can try this way, though GoldWave (for example) can recognize files with any extension.
    If it will be some problems, it will be needed to write (for me) the script for removing additional headers from STR-files.

Thank you for your help and your patience !
    No problems.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

I have a problem

Some STR files are missing in the French version as you can see on this picture :

I began to change the name of the French STR files, but I already noticed 3 missing files. I searched DAT files with same sizes, but it doesn't match. I wonder if it's really possible to do that, because I think it's a bit hazardous I would like this to work, but nothing is sure Maybe it's too ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by wrace0 View Post
    In such case it will be needed additional corrections in sr2.exe, I think. If it will be so, I look at French-version of this file.

Since it is a problem, I will write the same script as I now have for SR1 to repacking locals.bin into txt (i.e. without header + with each string on their own string) and back.
    Though I will can do this not now - at first I will need to finish several tasks (work) on my official job.

You can try this way, though GoldWave (for example) can recognize files with any extension.
    If it will be some problems, it will be needed to write (for me) the script for removing additional headers from STR-files.

No problems.
    Thanks for your answer !

Some STR files are missing in the French version as you can see on this picture :
    My be they just have smaller size? If French-text for Dark Diary is smaller than English (for several pages), we can assume that and sound-files can be smaller too.

About converter for locals.bin - done (the folder sr2_locals in the updated sr2_scripts.zip in the folder SR2 on OneDrive - link in my signature). As for soul2chunk.pl, you should copy in this folder (sr2_locals) additional files "perl.exe" and "perl510.dll" and create 2 bat-files with the code below.
    locals_pack.bat:
    @perl.exe locals_pack.pl
    locals_unpack.bat:
    @perl.exe locals_unpack.pl
    After this place locals.bin from the French-version into this folder (replacing existing file) and run locals_unpack.bat - it will create file locals.txt (will overwrite existing one, but I created its copy - locals_eng.txt - when I tested this script on the English version of locals.bin).
    Now you should replace in locals_eng.txt each string by the appropriate localized string from locals.txt (as I remember, in the version 1.02 of this file some additional strings were added, so the main order of strings is the same as for version 1.0; new strings you should translate by yourself). Note that there are some extra-symbols - they are used for hotkeys in the game; also I add additional convertation of caret-symbol into \n.
    When you finish with this, you should rename locals_eng.txt into locals.txt (or just copy its content into existed file locals.txt) and run locals_pack.bat - it will create locals!.bin (script adds ! to name for that do not replace existed locals.bin).
    That's all.

Now you can try to replace locals.bin in bigfile.dat (using "BigFile Packer.exe"; you know the appropriate name of chunk for this file - Chunk0389) but at first you should look at French-version of font.raw and compare it with the English-version. If they are different, it is needed to replace this file in English-version of bigfile.dat (by Soul Spiral, because size of raw-files is not changed from version to version and Soul Spiral can replace files in bigfile.dat if they have the same size).
    Notation: if these 2 files font.raw have different number of symbols (for example, we have such situation for our native language), it will be needed to correct sr2.exe (at first, of course, it is needed to find additional constructions inside it for French-version). Even if they have the same number of symbols (but another order of them or something else), it can be also some bugs (just with symbols) inside the game (so we will need to fix sr2.exe).

Whaou ! I didn't understand what I read I think I'm too tired for this today

It's very hard too ! I'm completely lost. I must do a break before I become crazy !

Moreover, I think you are too intelligent, and me not enough !

Thank you very much one more time ! I will see this when I will find my courage again !
    Last edited by SuperLumberjack; 25th Nov 2016 at 20:44.

I'm sorry for the time you lost for me wrace0, but I think I will abandon

Too much STR files, some can't be read, not enough time to do this... If the files would have their name in the French version, it would have been easy, but here it's a totally mess.

In addition, Soul Reaver 2 is already bugued, in some cases some people can't play the game, maybe in less than 5 years, nobody can't due to Windows evolutions...

In conclusion, it's already almost critical and I want to say that the only hope is a BIG ramake HD of all the episodes of the serie
    I hope !

But, your explanations aren't totally lost, because I posted the link of this thread on the Steam forum in a topic relative to the French language. If someone has the courage to do this convertion...

And I learn a lot with you You really are a clever person. In computing, your are God, you can do everything ! Respect !

So, thank you very much for your help and the time you took for this ! Good continuation ! Have a nice day !

ok, I understand.

About bugs in SR2 - at least there is dgVoodoo which can help with some of them.

For example, I do not have any problems with all LOK-games (including BO1) under Windows-10 x64 with Intel-HD and nVidia.

Interesting this dgVoodoo ! I always learn something with you

Thank you very much for all your help you gave to me !

Bonjour,

Je suis comme toi, depuis quelques temps je cherche a passer Soul Reaver 2 en fr, j'ai aussi trouvé SoulSpiral 1.7, puis je suis tombé y'a 2 jours sur ce forum. Tu fais un boulot remarquable et c'est dommage de bloquer sur l'édition de l'executable.

J'aimerai t'aider si possible, perso j'ai du temps en ce moment.

Sinon j'ai trouvé ceci sur internet : https://mega.nz/#F!P4tBwarA!kaihPkbrH9DhlXiKEvicEw

C'est un patch Italien qui fonctionne (je l'ai testé avec la version Steam de Soul reaver 2). Je ne sais pas si ça peux t'aider, j'ai juste remarqué que celui-ci non plus ne possédait pas d'arborescence équivalente a "pcenglish", tout comme l'édition Française.
    Peut-être que ça pourrait te faciliter un peu la tâche..

Je ne sais pas pour toi,mais j'ai testé dgVoodoo avec ma version cd originale du jeu,et rien ne fonctionne, j'ai ensuite trouvé DXwnd ici : https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/co...s/using-dxwnd/ ,DXwnd est mieux car vodood s'arrête a DX7.0, tandis que DXwnd commence a DX8.0 , tu peux le tester, mais perso, je n'ai pas eue plus de chance... et ma seule solution est l'édition du Bigfile.dat je suppose maintenant .

Donc si jamais je peux participer d'une façon où d'une autre..je serais heureuse de le faire .
    Last edited by MegaMimh; 28th Nov 2016 at 08:46.

Salut

Oui, je m'étais aussi demandé pourquoi dans certains pays ils arrivaient * faire des patchs alors que chez nous c'est tellement compliqué. Mais ça m'étonnerait qu'ils aient dû s'embêter comme ça, ça a dû être beaucoup plus rapide, je ne sais pas.

Ce n'est pas vraiment sur l'édition de l’exécutable que je bloque, mais plutôt sur les fichiers sons (STR) Il y en a plus de 500, et s'il faut tout faire manuellement, ça va prendre des plombes, d'autant plus que je ne suis pas arrivé * lire certains fichiers et qu'en comparant entre les versions, ils n'ont pas forcément la même taille.

Je n'ai vraiment pas de temps * consacrer en ce moment pour tout ce boulot

En fait, je pense que si dans le bigfile Français, tous les fichiers avaient eu leur nom comme dans la version Anglaise, ça aurait été vite fait. Mais l*, c'est un vrai travail d'investigation. C'est presque du travail * l'aveugle par moment. Si wrace0 ne m'avait pas aidé, je n'aurais d'ailleurs rien pu faire du tout

Je comprends que tu sois motivée * trouver un moyen d'avoir ce jeu en Français. Mais franchement, je ne sais pas si ça vaut le coup vu toute les incertitudes et le boulot que ça demande.

En vérité, ça aurait dû être * Square Enix de proposer toutes les versions du jeu sur Steam ou GOG. Elles existent. Mais apparemment, ils n'ont pas voulu s'embêter * faire tout ce travail... eux

Si vraiment tu veux t'y mettre, c'est sympa, on peut essayer. Mais si tu veux mon avis, c'est vraiment une perte de temps. De plus, faudrait aussi faire ça pour Legacy of Kain Defiance, si jamais ça devait réussir pour Soul Reaver 2

Pour Blood Omen 2 par contre, c'est aussi simple que pour Soul Reaver pour le passer en Français.

Mais franchement, ça aurait dû être * Square Enix de faire tout ce boulot, parce que si ce sont les joueurs qui doivent tout faire, c'est un peu ironique non ?

Juste un petit truc, je ne sais pas si on peut parler Français sur ce forum. Je suggère que la prochaine fois on parle en Anglais hein

About Lok Soul Reaver 3, i had no problem to pass it in french i just replaced the bigfile.dat, and it works perfectly(Steam version).
    If you want, i can try to continue your work, even if the future of the translation is uncertain.
    I am not bad in computing, because it is my work, I could find a solution, it shall be enough to brief me to know what was done.
    It does not bother me to peel 500 files anyway, before I see this forum, I would have tried to start from the beginning.
    Last edited by MegaMimh; 29th Nov 2016 at 05:35.

I owe you my appreciation for moderating yourselves already , but just for certainty's sake an obligatory reminder to please stick to English at these forums wherever possible guys.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum View Post
    I owe you my appreciation for moderating yourselves already , but just for certainty's sake an obligatory reminder to please stick to English at these forums wherever possible guys.
    Yes, no problem, it's why I said in my last message

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLumberjack View Post
    Juste un petit truc, je ne sais pas si on peut parler Français sur ce forum. Je suggère que la prochaine fois on parle en Anglais hein

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMimh View Post
    About Lok Soul Reaver 3, i had no problem to pass it in french i just replaced the bigfile.dat, and it works perfectly.
    If you want, i can try to continue your work, even if the future of the translation is uncertain.
    I am not bad in computing, because it is my work, I could find a solution, it shall be enough to brief me to know what was done.
    It does not bother me to peel 500 files anyway, before I see this forum, I would have tried to start from the beginning.
    OK ! So bon courage !

I can give you the English and French "bigfile.dat" here : https://mega.nz/#!rp0U1SaZ!hK1LZHdOo...eGR_4QDSeohcUg

For LoK Defiance, I tried to replace the bigfile, but after, the program asked me to put the CD. It deleted the No-CD from GOG Exe.

Is it possible for you to give me this bigfile please ?

For Soul Reaver 2, I can give you the RAW files for the Dark Chronicle put in the order :
    https://mega.nz/#!v0kQlCBR!SjUVnhEA6...hk-DJ21TxSKJeg

By the way, are you a girl ?

Donc si jamais je peux participer d'une façon où d'une autre..je serais heureuse de le faire .
    Last edited by SuperLumberjack; 28th Nov 2016 at 20:05.

In my practice, DXwnd is worher tool than dgVoodoo.
    For LoK Defiance, I tried to replace the bigfile, but after, the program asked me to put the CD. It deleted the No-CD from GOG Exe.
    You can do manually needed replacements (comparing two exe).
    For our localization I did only these additional fixes for this exe:
    1) replacements of strings "Reverb Off" and "Reverb On";
    2) the fixes below
    <PatchPack title="Patch for Defiance v.1.1">
    <File title="defiance.exe" name="defiance.exe" size="1421312">
    <Patch title="Fix the number of localizations">
    <Change offset="0x72DB1" from="05" to="02">
    <Change offset="0x72DC7" from="06" to="03">
    </Patch>
    <Patch title="Remove logos">
    <Change offset="0x471CD" from="03" to="06">
    </Patch>
    </File>
    Full list of (my) patches for Defiance (before Steam):
    <PatchPack title="Patch for Defiance v.1.1">
    <File title="defiance.exe" name="defiance.exe" size="1421312">
    <Patch title="nocd">
    <Change offset="0xC0A5C" from="08" to="00">
    </Patch>
    <Patch title="Remove logos">
    <Change offset="0x471CD" from="03" to="06">
    </Patch>

<Patch title="settings.dat in the game folder">
    <Change offset="0x6C699" from="E8" to="68">
    <Change offset="0x6C69A" from="82" to="D8">
    <Change offset="0x6C69B" from="15" to="48">
    <Change offset="0x6C69C" from="05" to="54">
    <Change offset="0x6C69E" from="50" to="90">
    <Change offset="0x6C92B" from="E8" to="68">
    <Change offset="0x6C92C" from="F0" to="D8">
    <Change offset="0x6C92D" from="12" to="48">
    <Change offset="0x6C92E" from="05" to="54">
    <Change offset="0x6C930" from="50" to="90">
    <Change offset="0xBFFC6" from="E8" to="68">
    <Change offset="0xBFFC7" from="55" to="D8">
    <Change offset="0xBFFC8" from="DC" to="48">
    <Change offset="0xBFFC9" from="FF" to="54">
    <Change offset="0xBFFCA" from="FF" to="00">
    <Change offset="0xBFFCB" from="50" to="90">
    </Patch>
    <Patch title="*.bik-video in the game folder">
    <Change offset="0x1448D8" from="6D" to="2E">
    <Change offset="0x1448D9" from="6F" to="5C">
    <Change offset="0x1448DA" from="76" to="00">
    <Change offset="0x1448DB" from="69" to="00">
    <Change offset="0x1448DC" from="65" to="00">
    <Change offset="0x1448DD" from="73" to="00">
    <Change offset="0x1448DE" from="5C" to="00">
    </Patch>
    </File>
    The last one removes dependence on the key "FullInstall" in HKLM (can be seen in the file installscript.vdf in the Steam-folder).

Yes i'm a girl haha lol
    I have what you need for Defiance, and I left you an e-mail message.

Thank you to help us, especially you Wrace0 , you has the experienced air on the subject, but I have the right file and I just have to send him. It will be a little easier than to redo everything.

Tomorrow I would create an account to store files in the cloud.
    Last edited by MegaMimh; 29th Nov 2016 at 05:51.

Quote Originally Posted by wrace0 View Post
    In my practice, DXwnd is worher tool than dgVoodoo.

You can do manually needed replacements (comparing two exe).
    For our localization I did only these additional fixes for this exe:
    1) replacements of strings "Reverb Off" and "Reverb On";
    2) the fixes below

Full list of (my) patches for Defiance (before Steam):

The last one removes dependence on the key "FullInstall" in HKLM (can be seen in the file installscript.vdf in the Steam-folder).
    Thanks wrace0 ! You are the master !

Yes i'm a girl haha lol
    I have what you need for Defiance, and I left you an e-mail message.

Thank you to help us, especially you Wrace0 , you has the experienced air on the subject, but I have the right file and I just have to send him. It will be a little easier than to redo everything.

Tomorrow I would create an account to store files in the cloud.
    A geek girl ! Cool !

I will read your PM

Thanks for thanks.
    Good luck with the localization.

Thanks !

It was very cool that you helped us !

Hi Every one,

Name's Olivier, just another little french guy, trying to find a solution to translate the SR2 game in French.
    I can perfectly understand english, but the French version is so good that I can't accept to play it only in english !
    I used to be a web developer (also c/c++/java/asm/vb) for some years in the past, I might be able to give a hand.

I do have the original one bought a long time ago, but it's absolutely not working on windows 7, although I've tried many many things and I can't yet explain why, but the GOG version does.
    So, just like you, I'd like to translate (by moving files) the GOG english working in hi-res mode to French.

Can anyone of you let me know if - from November '16 - you did manage to get closer to the goal?
    Where did you stop?

Hoping your answers...
    Best kisses from France

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123