Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: New class tease? :D

New class tease? :D

Originally Posted by calypso-694
    Vampire worshipping humans could easily be used on the human side. like I said LORE wise meaning the little bits of story we get now and again could be about them destroying the humans from the inside.

gameplay wise they are just another human class fighting vampires (in order to keep their true motives hidden) they could have dual chakras shaped like the sun or something for weapons. it wouldn't be hard making this a viable class.

I just think having another human class worshipping another pillar guardian would be over done. we have 2 already. the prophet and alch. we have the vanguard worshipping their own game of thrones style sea god. and the iron guard are like sarafan and im sure look up to malek or something(need to re read their stories)

only other class I can imagine is a class that worships the SUN itself. Sun was a big religious thing in Dead Sun so ti would be easy to use that element from it.

The Prophets don't worship a Guardian...Nor do the Alchemists (though they do venerate one). And the Iron Guard are not like Sarafan, merely sharing the motive to eradicate vampires.

Let's say vamp worshippers are afield:

A) Would the vampires really care enough not to slaughter them just the same? By the time a battle is at hand, they've probably done their part.

B) Would the humans really keep them in on their plans if they weren't effective killers (sparing their masters in battle)?

C) If they did kill vamps to maintain the charade, would whatever info or advantage they could gain - that the vampires themselves couldn't - really be worth those losses and the spilling of deified blood?

"Lore-wise, they take down humans from the inside!" - Yes, and that's why it would only work in a new game mode. If you're going to use lore to justify the inclusion, there ought to be gameplay to reflect that lore. The standard deathmatch mode doesn't do that, it just shows them driving up the body count of their "masters".
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 13th Dec 2015 at 00:26.

Originally Posted by calypso-694
    we have the vanguard worshipping their own game of thrones style sea god.
    Actually, if you read the little lore-descriptor for the Vanguard The Drowning God shield that we got from the last league, it's hinted really heavily that they're worshiping a certain parasitic squid. ;D

But yeah, pretty much what Ygdrasel said, it wouldn't really make sense in the context of the game for them to be a big faction of Vampire worshipers, since by nature they wouldn't want to actually kill their Gods and would probably do more feeding then anything. It's not to say that I don't want to see that faction represented in some way in the game, far from it! But it doesn't work for the game modes that we have now.

i guess.

venerate and worship are kinda the same thing to me. you praise someone so much for what they did you might as well worship them.

never clicked with me that the vanguard have love for EG. interesting

A) Would the vampires really care enough not to slaughter them just the same? By the time a battle is at hand, they've probably done their part.

yes the vampires would totally kill them and gladly. but to them theyd just be martyrs for the cause.

B) Would the humans really keep them in on their plans if they weren't effective killers (sparing their masters in battle)?

when faced with god hood and a chance to live forever id imagive thered be no sparing them. if God told you to play along even if that means killing him for a cause, youd do it. just look at the wars we have going on now. even the radical turks during crusades would kill their own to prove a point. etc.

C) If they did kill vamps to maintain the charade, would whatever info or advantage they could gain - that the vampires themselves couldn't - really be worth those losses and the spilling of deified blood?

desperate times call for desperate measues. lets say zephonim CANT infiltrate human ranks. the espionage going on would be passed from human spy to human spy and finally to one of them. I think one of the lores hints at zephon and his brood taking down rahabs area? not sure. and any information albeit small is good information. blood spill and all.

this war takes tolls on both sides. and as far as the big boy lieutenants are concerned as long as they win they don't care who dies. hence why we have little skirmishes for battles instead of full on 30 TDM and all.

cmon with all hinting at for multiple classes in this recent blog you cant not speculate for Vamp worshiping humans.

if we don't see them in game at all just give me more lore for them lol

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    Actually, if you read the little lore-descriptor for the Vanguard The Drowning God shield that we got from the last league, it's hinted really heavily that they're worshiping a certain parasitic squid. ;D

Optional lore isn't canon. :P

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Optional lore isn't canon. :P
    If it makes it into the game, it is canon.

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    If it makes it into the game, it is canon.
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Cardboard_tube

Page 2 of 2 First First 12