Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Deus Ex 2 Speculation Thread

Deus Ex 2 Speculation Thread

Deus Ex 2 Speculation Thread

I retract my previous statement about not getting DX2 cause you couldn't play as J.C. if you can play as Alex Denton its just like playing as J.C. with a diffenert name since I have seen pictures of Alex and he looks exactly like J.C. even the sunglasses so I don't mind. I will miss playing a J.C. though.

Added by Catman:

I changed the title to better reflect the content of this thread. Previous speculations can be found in these threads rescued from the old Eidos Deus Ex forums:

[My apologies to Raziel2 for this intrusion.]

I have a hard time believing that the word sungla$$es would be edited out!! Now come on, that's just ridiculous. I'll bet that goes for the word mola$$es too, or any other word that has those particular letters in them.

Remember that swear filters are like sledge hammers. Pity that they are a necessary evil.

DeusEx2.com's image of Alex actually looks majorly uncool. I hope he is not going to really look like that in the game. He looks a bit fat.

Let me check out the swearing thing. Tom, and Harry found lots of assets at Hell's Kitchen.

It looks kinda like a baby face, huh? He needs a harder look, IMO.

Agreed.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

Well I agree somewhat but hes probably not done but what I'm saying is I didn't even know you were gonna play as Alex all I new about the char was it wasn't gonna be J.C. Btw that sunglass thing is lamest thing I have seen in awhile. Cannot wait to play as Alex Denton.

Actually, the picture on DX2.com (you're talking about the one on the top left, right?) is actually of JC Denton -- at least originally. It's part of a Matrix poster-style picture that ISA made with the Deus Ex characters in place of the Matrix ones. I'm not saying it's not intended to be Alex (he is a clone of JC after all), but it was originally intended as JC.

swear filters

sungl***** get filtered??
    Catman :
    They are definitly not needed, it's just a way of dicatation, forcing people what they can say and limiting free speech.
    It is the exact opposite to what Deus Ex represents, in my eyes.
    Don't like that :|
    (And have not seen any problems in the old board)

I have no control over the swear filters. That's an administrative decision. I will bring the problem to their attention.

As for free speech: Since Eidos owns the forums, they have the right to determine what can and cannot be said. The Terms of Use spell out the official guidelines.

Hi,
    don't you agree that it does not fit into a forum about Deus Ex, which is all about the freedom to do what you like?
    And i really like the word Sunglas‰*ses

Sunglasses now works.

Thanks Catman! Since JC wears them all the time, we needed to be able to talk about them uncensored

Actually, the thanks goes to RedLegg who quickly fixed the problem.

Re: Hi all bout my last post

Originally posted by Raziel2
    I retract my previous statement about not getting DX2 cause you couldn't play as J.C. if you can play as Alex Denton its just like playing as J.C. with a diffenert name since I have seen pictures of Alex and he looks exactly like J.C. even the sungl* so I don't mind. I will miss playing a J.C. though.
    I'm glad to see you've reconsidered

Looks aren't everything...

I wonder if Alex will have as sexy a voice as JC

Oi
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

then again...

she may have a squeaky, nasal voice.

Ah, I thought you were referring to the male Alex.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

hmm. if Alex (male) sounds as sexy as my JC, i wonder if i'll fall in love with him, too? and if i do, will my JC get jealous or will he consider it as a "just part of the family" thang?

and i sure hope the female JC sounds more like the Diablo girl than then any of the Black Isle valley girls.
    i'll think up a new signature later.

I wonder if the folks at Eidos finished the alpha version yet, or better: started testing it! They're taking waaaaaaaaay tooooooooo long!

P.S. I am the same old ??DEADALUS??, just figured out how to spell my name!

Originally posted by DeusExJew
    Ah, I thought you were referring to the male Alex.
    I was [hee hee hee]. But wouldn't you much prefer a female Alex with a sexy voice? I know I'd much prefer a male Alex with one, like JC's voice. Mmmmmm!

Beta testers

Personally, I think they should turn to this forum when they want beta testers for DX2. Even if it's not a public beta -- we're not really "the public." We're groupies!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

at the idea of an old broad like me still be..er.. i mean being a groupie.

but you're right of course. we are. i just hadn't thought of it that way.
    i'll think up a new signature later.

I've read in an interview that the player will have even more control about the player character's appearance this time. So maybe it's up to the player to choose stuff like sunglasses or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last