Thread: Lara Croft GO: The Shard Of Life

Lara Croft GO: The Shard Of Life

Hey Everyone,

Since the release of Lara Croft GO, a lot of you have asked for more levels but also more challenging levels. Let’s just say we heard you, so here's what we're announcing today...

If you update Lara Croft GO today, you will have access to a new chapter. Named The Shard of Life, this 6th chapter is a completely new adventure for Lara as she explores a mysterious fiery cave.

Through the 26 brand new puzzles, she will encounter corrupted enemies that now have the ability to regenerate after some time. You can play this new content with the new classic Lara outfit and reassemble The Sacred Beetle to unlock the fan favorite Angel of Darkness outfit. The levels in the expansion are some of the most mind-puzzling levels ever created for a GO game so have fun destroying your brain on those! :hea:

For the occasion, the game is also discounted to 2.99$ for a limited time! It’s the perfect time to jump in and even recommend it to your friends.

P.S. The update is live on iOS and Android and coming very soon to the Windows version!

YES! I LOVE YOU! <3

A bit swamped with too many games atm, but I'll definitely have my app updated and enjoy unraveling the new chapter tomorrow during lunch break at work!

Thank you guys so much! <3

WOW, this is amazing!

It's also that you released it for free!

Some apps do not do that

It looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to play this tonight!
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

YEEES!

But also DAMN (that I have work)
    signature image

We're playing this on Twitch right now! As per the awesomeness described in the other thread

Come join us! It's fun to solve puzzles together!

http://www.twitch.tv/squareenixmtl
    signature image

I made some comments when we saw previews of the game, and I continued those comments when I reviewed the game on the day it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Relight-TRHQ View Post
    Only one "criticism" - I wish the "books" (notebooks I guess, with the level screens in a sketchbook style) weren't just plain covers - that's where the feeling of the game is lost and it just feels plain. I wish they had some sort of design on them, something that Lara would doodle while on her adventure, a cool stylistic drawing on the cover of each one that represents those levels - snakes, stones, spirits, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicolasVerge View Post
    The doodle in her books are actually used as the loading screens from level to level! But you're right its not on the cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relight-TRHQ View Post
    Yes, I think it would be nice to have something on each cover, even just an icon
    Nicolas

I guess now I have to go update my review

Also, just a quick note, I'm LOVING the new levels, although I only played a handful of them so far, together with other fans on Twitch last night. The vibrant, wonderful colors of this new area, the new mechanics, the challenging levels - I love it all!
    signature image

I have just finished it! I haven't kept track of time, but I get the feeling it took me longer to figure out these levels and the whole main game lol. There are a lot of tricky puzzles and timing is key, I got trapped in so many different scenarios and EVERYTIME I'd go "yes, that's it!" I'd move one or two nodes to learn the sad truth I still had it wrong.

I love the opening and the ending "cutscenes", in fact I think the way this chapter ends was just as good - if not better - than the original game.

If anything, I got all the obsidian gems and relic pieces on my first go. Perhaps experience with the main game taught me where they were likely to be? Still, definitely loved every second of it and just didn't want to let go until I could figure out the proper way to solve any given puzzle. <3

<3 to all of you! You are simply the best, can't tell you how much this means to all of us. I'll forward all your comments to the team! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Any update on the PC release? *flutters eyelids*

It seems the PC version and the Mobile version (windows) are the same, so I'm able to play the new levels on my new phone!
    Last edited by a_big_house; 1st Dec 2015 at 12:51.
    signature image