View Poll Results: Weekly or Monthly update?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • A weekly update

2 22.22%
  • Let it stay the way it is (monthly state of play)

5 55.56%
  • Both! Small ones weekly, large one at end of the month

2 22.22%

Thread: Montly or Weekly update?

Montly or Weekly update?

Montly or Weekly update?

So yeah, I decided to create this poll to know how you guys feel about this.

Would you rather have a weekly update, a monthly one (the way it is now, with the state of play), or lets get crazy and do both.

Personally, I would prefer a weekly update. Doesn't have to be as much info as the state of play currently is, but just development progress in general would be nice. How far is the map? Where is the focus on bugfixing? What threads have been seen/noted? What new ideas have you guys come up with?

These are just some examples about what a weekly could be about. In my eyes it would allow for even more user feedback then SE is already recieving (which should be a good thing).

Anyways, let me know

Originally Posted by River_
    So yeah, I decided to create this poll to know how you guys feel about this.

Would you rather have a weekly update, a monthly one (the way it is now, with the state of play), or lets get crazy and do both.

Personally, I would prefer a weekly update. Doesn't have to be as much info as the state of play currently is, but just development progress in general would be nice. How far is the map? Where is the focus on bugfixing? What threads have been seen/noted? What new ideas have you guys come up with?

These are just some examples about what a weekly could be about. In my eyes it would allow for even more user feedback then SE is already recieving (which should be a good thing).

Anyways, let me know
    There's not enough features or fixes to do a weekly update. Some weeks we get no patch at all, other weeks we just get small bug fixes that staff only get assigned a few days before they get fixed. Most weeks you'd just get a repeat of the previous week's update with one or two things crossed off.

I work as a games programmer and when I have a large number of small tasks, I don't always know how long it will take (not exact number of days or hours anyway) until I've investigated the cause and decided on a solution. I can usually guess to a few days or a morning or afternoon for my current task, but I generally have several to choose from for what I do afterwards. If it's the same thing with Nosgoth, listing all the tasks at the start/end of the week and then doing them out of the order or having to push some over to the next week just looks really bad. It's a case of not making promises you don't know if you can keep. It's not slacking off either, it's just that suprises happen that force you to reschedule.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 25th Nov 2015 at 19:55.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Honestly, forcing them to tell us everything that's happening week by week would just lead to more frustrated players, since people don't understand what exactly goes into game development. The reason they don't give us more updates is because they don't have enough information that would make sense or seem like any improvement had been made at all to non-developers, even if they were working around the clock to fix something.

I say let's leave it at a monthly state of play, that way they can give us the new big updates and it will give them a chance to focus on the development without having to stop what they're doing to write up the updates.

A weekly state of play wouldn't be as good as it sounds...it's too little time to develop something meaningful...

You know what i miss, that the devs haven't done in a long time?

(Dev Streams)

Its a more fun way to do a state of play, i really enjoyed them.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    A weekly state of play wouldn't be as good as it sounds...it's too little time to develop something meaningful...

You know what i miss, that the devs haven't done in a long time?

(Dev Streams)

Its a more fun way to do a state of play, i really enjoyed them.
    I think Chris said there'd be a dev stream when the new map is a close to release. It had better show the Rahabim though.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I think Chris said there'd be a dev stream when the new map is a close to release. It had better show the Rahabim though.
    If I remember right, they said the Rahabim wouldn't come out until after the game was in full open non-beta release? So we'll definitely get the map before we get the Rahabim.

I may be confused, though. Maybe I'm thinking about the Summoner and the Vanguard being released after the transition to open-beta? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Wonderful news

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    If I remember right, they said the Rahabim wouldn't come out until after the game was in full open non-beta release? So we'll definitely get the map before we get the Rahabim.
    I think they weren't so specific, but indeed i think map will come first. Although honestly I'd like too see a few more new abilities before they come with new classes (new main ability for sentinel is something i've been wanting).