Thread: Stuck at the end of the copper mill yard

Stuck at the end of the copper mill yard

I am very frustrated right now because I am stuck running around in circles in the last building in the copper mill yard. My character is autosaved right after you take a zip line over to the last building. I have already done this section previously so there are no enemies. I make my way all the way up and around to the top of the building, then you come across burning debris blocking your way. You turn around and the ledge is behind you. You then jump up on the ledge and take the slide back down, then you run over to a swing that takes you to a zip line back down to the same place I started from. There is NO WAY OUT! I can't grab the zip line that took me over to the last building because it is too high. There is nothing to shoot a rope over to and zip line off of the building. This obviously isn't an issue when you first encounter this section because the whole building is on fire and you have enemies to fight. But if you go back to collect relics that you missed there is no way out, and you are trapped. My game is now worthless because I am stuck here. Please tell me this is a bug. I hope I described this well enough.

Have you tried loading a backup save?
    signature image

Once you have completed this part of the burning building in story mode you cant go back right through thats as far as you can go where the debris is burning, thats why there is the option to jump to that ledge and slide down, if you went through this in story mode then the place where you come out after there is the mines, thats it theres nothing else there, if you want the survival cache in that area you have to wait until further into the story where the copper mill bridge base camp is thats where that cache is

Actually I have moved past the Soviet Installation and I cannot access that Survival Cache that is just outside at the top of the Copper Mill Yard building. I get to a burning wall and have to slide down the chute. I have tried to access the Survival Cache from the other side, the Sheltered Ridge base camp, and there is no way to climb back up there that I have been able to find. I believe the intent was to zip line down once you've progressed through the building, I cannot zip line back up. I want the Survival Cache to get 100% completion and I am well into the game and collecting everything. The Survival Cache was not revealed to me before I got through the building or I would have gotten it then. I didn't want to start a new thread because the truth is I'm stuck in this loop, but my issue is that I can't access the Survival Cache. If I don't get a response here I will start a new thread.

I'm playing on Xbox one, main campaign, digital copy. I have not completed the campaign at all (no previous saved slot), I am in process of the chapter just after Soviet Installation (the fight) but went back to get collectibles.

Please fix because I will want 100% game completion.
    Last edited by GamerLuckyCat; 26th Nov 2015 at 15:25.

to get that survival cache you need progress further in to the game and you get a base camp right next to it, that base camp is called the copper mill bridge, you cant get 100% in soviet installation without leaving and coming back as the game progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by _LR8O_ View Post
    to get that survival cache you need progress further in to the game and you get a base camp right next to it, that base camp is called the copper mill bridge, you cant get 100% in soviet installation without leaving and coming back as the game progresses.
    Yes I noticed you said this earlier. Can you be more specific? I'm at the chapter where I prepare for war. You're saying I have to get farther in the game than that in order to return to soviet installation and get a base camp at that location?

you mean prepare for the battle in geothermal valley? its much further on, its after the flooded archives you end up on the bridge, later in the story you will

Quote Originally Posted by slothin21 View Post
    I am very frustrated right now because I am stuck running around in circles in the last building in the copper mill yard. My character is autosaved right after you take a zip line over to the last building. I have already done this section previously so there are no enemies. I make my way all the way up and around to the top of the building, then you come across burning debris blocking your way. You turn around and the ledge is behind you. You then jump up on the ledge and take the slide back down, then you run over to a swing that takes you to a zip line back down to the same place I started from. There is NO WAY OUT! I can't grab the zip line that took me over to the last building because it is too high. There is nothing to shoot a rope over to and zip line off of the building. This obviously isn't an issue when you first encounter this section because the whole building is on fire and you have enemies to fight. But if you go back to collect relics that you missed there is no way out, and you are trapped. My game is now worthless because I am stuck here. Please tell me this is a bug. I hope I described this well enough.
    Hi I'm wondering how you ended up getting past this problem? I am in exactly the same position now and am SO FRUSTRATED at going around in circles. I've tried exiting to main menu hoping it'll send me back to a camp fire but I am stuck with no way to go back and no way to go forward. I'm 74% through the game too, so there's no way I am re-starting the game!! Would appreciate your help x

In a answer to the original question you've probably figured it out already to get down from that area slide down the ramp jump over to the platform with the yellow ladder there's a zipline there leading down once you're back on your feet go through the open door to the left to the right of the door is a zipline post that will take you down to the second building then it's just a couple drops to ground
    Last edited by LordOblivion; 5th May 2018 at 00:23.

I did get out of copper mill yard
    But I don't know how