Thread: Chloe's alive and Arcadia Bay people too

Chloe's alive and Arcadia Bay people too

I was wondering if it is possible to save everybody.
    And I think there is a possibility.
    Max should choose sacrifice Chloe and go back to bathroom. There she could do something to Chloe didn't get shot by Nathan and prevent Chloe's escape from the bathroom. I don't know, she can go out and talk to him, intervenes during argument. Btw she can rewind so she has as many attempts as she likes.
    Saving Chloe from being shot of course causes storm, but we have week to deal with it.
    Then Max should somehow talk to Chloe and tell her truth, that she's from the future, that she knows where Rachel is (this can be some proof that Max is not lying about her powers), about Dark Room etc.
    If she didn't believe Max, they can do the same trick as in diner (guess what's in Chloe's pockets).
    If this convinced Chloe there, it will also in the bathroom. One more time Max can rewind and use several tricks to do this right .
    And than of course she have to warn about storm and tell Chloe that thay have to evacuate people.
    Max have to tell that she will not remember this conversation until end of the week.

They could also do some insurance in fact something goes wrong. She can take the photo of butterfly or give it to Chloe and tell her to keep it always with her.

If everything goes fine Max return to original timeline, storm of course destroys Arcadia Bay, but people are safe, Max and Chloe also.

If something is not good Max takes photo and "try again".

What do you guys think?

I also thought about that. But two facts actually turn the possibility down.

A) Convince the whole Arcadia Bay to leave? Seems hard. Also, if you pay attention, only the city center gets destroyed. Who knows if the tornado will go in that direction in all possible outcomes of "alternate realities"?. It wouldn't be hard to convince Warren about the climate change, though, and I bet he would know influential people that he might be able to convince, but still, hard.

B) The story showed many times that Chloe apparently HAD to die. What if no matter what Max does, destiny will keep on trying to kill her? What do we really know about her powers after the Tornado? What if she saves everyone, her powers stop working and then Chloe dies, for good? I will have to send my feels on a eternal holiday if that happens D=

I would love for this story to keep on going, amazing game, all those feels...

Quote Originally Posted by GonmaPavic View Post
    B) The story showed many times that Chloe apparently HAD to die. What if no matter what Max does, destiny will keep on trying to kill her? What do we really know about her powers after the Tornado? What if she saves everyone, her powers stop working and then Chloe dies, for good? I will have to send my feels on a eternal holiday if that happens D=
    Well, we see that Max's powers stop working when she tries to save Kate. So, perhaps her powers are there for Chloe, so I think it would decrease the chance of Max's powers not working to "help" her best friend. Also, I think there could be some reasonable way to save both Chloe and Arcadia Bay, even though Chloe is meant to die. And as you said, it would be hard to convince everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GonmaPavic View Post
    I also thought about that. But two facts actually turn the possibility down.

A) Convince the whole Arcadia Bay to leave? Seems hard. Also, if you pay attention, only the city center gets destroyed. Who knows if the tornado will go in that direction in all possible outcomes of "alternate realities"?. It wouldn't be hard to convince Warren about the climate change, though, and I bet he would know influential people that he might be able to convince, but still, hard.

I would love for this story to keep on going, amazing game, all those feels...
    A)
    I really don't think that Max looses her powers in any of both endings. Remember that she didn't lost it even when she changed history about William and thanks that Chloe never was in bathroom. Even when for the first time impuls to release Max powers was Chloe shooting, than in other timelines/realities she seems to keep them.
    So convince Arcadia Bay people to evacuate can really be problem but for me only because Max can talk consciously only in the bathroom. From what she say there depends all other events. So I can be a little frustrating to try and try so say that what can be correct

B) I don't believe in this destiny-thing about Chloe. The sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending have in this case any sense, because Chloe will die anyway sooner or later. But if this is maybe true I believe (as I mentioned before) Max still has her powers to protect Chloe. Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kafuku View Post
    Well, we see that Max's powers stop working when she tries to save Kate. So, perhaps her powers are there for Chloe, so I think it would decrease the chance of Max's powers not working to "help" her best friend. Also, I think there could be some reasonable way to save both Chloe and Arcadia Bay, even though Chloe is meant to die. And as you said, it would be hard to convince everyone.
    But how about for example Alyssa Max helped her many time with her powers But that were small things so maybe you're right. If it matters about more life-changing things Max powers really can seems to be weaker.

I hope we find out in season 2 I don't know how about you but I want it really bad. Since I played LiS I don't have mood to play any other game for now. For me that is much more than just a game and I will pay any money for season 2 or any other extension.

Quote Originally Posted by emtezet View Post

But how about for example Alyssa Max helped her many time with her powers But that were small things so maybe you're right. If it matters about more life-changing things Max powers really can seems to be weaker.

I hope we find out in season 2 I don't know how about you but I want it really bad. Since I played LiS I don't have mood to play any other game for now. For me that is much more than just a game and I will pay any money for season 2 or any other extension.
    Yeah, that's what I initially thought because a lot of the times Max rewinds time and it works (adding to that it's a big decision that she's making) and it has to do with Chloe in some way. I'm hoping that maybe that's the case? Because she did get her powers when she saved Chloe from getting shot.

Yes! I'm hoping for season 2, I wanna take a ride on the feels train again. It'll probably be with other characters, however. But, you never know.

Wow people still talking about these endings and create another ones ... but useless season 2 IF will be season2 its gonna be with different protagonist with different place I read somewhere dontnot talked about it, and this is the right choice of course max and chole adventure is gonna be missed.But still I rather play with different characters than ruin chloe or max with some kind of dlc or sequel lol.

Yep, I heard also about season 2 and new cast. At this moment I'm not so happy about that, because I really don't miss the game itself, but Max and Chloe. For me I can play game where Max has no powers only to see how she and Chloe doing in further life
    ( because Chloe of course is alive )

Too bad they can't spawn in real world and be my friends for real

Quote Originally Posted by emtezet View Post
    Yep, I heard also about season 2 and new cast. At this moment I'm not so happy about that, because I really don't miss the game itself, but Max and Chloe. For me I can play game where Max has no powers only to see how she and Chloe doing in further life
    ( because Chloe of course is alive )

Too bad they can't spawn in real world and be my friends for real
    Max have still powers just because she tore a picture that dont mean she cant use it! she have powers just she wont use anymore.
    anyway
    1 they live boring life nothing to see here move along...
    2. something happening and max use her powers again this could lead us to sequel or DLC but I dont know... its never gonna happening I hope. their futher story its all about use your own imagination.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 16th Dec 2015 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    Max have still powers just because she tore a picture that dont mean she cant use it! she have powers just she wont use anymore.
    anyway
    1 they live boring life nothing to see here move along...
    2. something happening and max use her powers again this could lead us to sequel or DLC but I dont know... its never gonna happening I hope. their futher story its all about use your own imagination.
    I actually think she doesn't have her powers anymore when she sacrifices Chloe. She probably never even got them in the first place. For as far as I can remember she got the powers in the moment she screamed "No" when Chloe got shot. And since - if you chose to sacrifice Chloe - she lets Chloe get shot like it was supposed to happen, I'm pretty sure she doesn't get her powers 'back'. I do think she remembers everything though.
    I actually think that in the end (in the bathroom) "Our Max" (so the Max we played the whole game with and who remembers everything) replaces the "Auto Max" of the original timeline (the timeline where things happen how they were supposed to happen, so no timetravel). Normally Our Max would go back to the timeline from where she jumped in the photo after altering the past, but that's no longer possible in this case. Chloe gets shot. She dies. Max doesn't use her powers to alter the past, which means no alternate timelines are created. I think when Chloe gets killed in the bathroom, it means all those other timelines get 'destroyed', since Max doesn't use her powers and doesn't create alternate timelines. And if there are no alternate timelines, Our Max can't jump back anymore after letting Chloe die in the bathroom (because if Chloe dies the way she was supposed to, the storm won't happen, etc). This means Our Max is just 'stuck' in the original timeline, including all her memories. So Our Max replaces 'original timeline Auto Max'.

Could be I'm wrong, but this is how I saw it haha.

After all the suffering through the entire game I found the choices at the end extremely dissatisfying. It actually made me a little angry that after all the emotional pain that the game puts both the characters and player through we were denied a moment of triumph.

And the idea that Max using the power to save Chloe is what created the storm.. well it just seems kind of contrived.

And if you go with the ending of sacrificing Chloe to save the town - then the *entire* game is rendered meaningless except as a device to torment Max.

I mean the moment her friend is killed she's granted the power to save her.
    She spends the entire week using that power to help people.
    Then in the end it comes down to the only right thing to do is go back and not use the power to begin with?
    At this point having granted her the power at all just becomes a cruel joke because now she has to *LET* her friend die as opposed to simply being unable to do anything to stop it.

Screw that, the town dies.

This is the first time I have ever played a game where I didn't chose the "greater good" option. But Max had already watched Chloe die three times already, putting her through that again was just so much BS.

Game was awesome until that final BS choice.

For all the grand statements against bullying and for people to band together and stick up for each other the ultimate final message of the game ended up being "Don't get involved, you'll only make things worse."

I wonder if the writers even realized that.

I created my own ending in my head because both of theirs are insulting.