Thread: Hey Nosgoth please show you care about older players

Hey Nosgoth please show you care about older players

Exclamation Hey Nosgoth please show you care about older players

I have a request for any admin with the authority to please delete my MMR or reset it back to zero. Why? Well I am tired of waiting to get into a match, for new players the avg waiting time is 7-15 sec, for a player like me who have been playing for a while it's atleast 15-30 mins. Okay okay blame it on me for having high MMR, but as well all know, alot of older players left this game due to lack of content or other reasons, but I sticked with it. Therefore it's hard for me to find a match when most of the high mmr players have ALREADY LEFT. I am not even asking much, just make my MMR to zero so I can enjoy a casual game of DM, I like playing alone and not in pre-made team so getting into a match takes forever playing solo.

Another bad thing this game keep doing is pushing 3 completely new players into my team, people who only play this game for like half an hr and pretty much like "hey here's a bunch of new players, good luck carrying your whole team against the opponent team who have 500+hrs experience." I enjoy this game and I tried to stick with it for awhile, but alot of these things in the MMR/matchmaking keep turning me away and I am trying hard to find more reason to stay. Please show you care about players who's been with you guys for a while, don't lose your roots Nosgoth team.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 21st Nov 2015 at 22:57. Reason: removed inappropriate language

Resetting your MMR would just end up placing you with even more new players...

The point is I hate waiting, i don't care who i am playing against, just let me join a match instead of waiting 20+ min for 1 match.

Originally Posted by shootzz
    i don't care who i am playing against
    No, but you do care who you're playing with

Another bad thing this game keep doing is pushing 3 completely new players into my team...
    Resetting MMR might get you quicker matches but they'll be matches with new players. Solving the one issue, via this particular solution, will only exacerbate the other issue. Though personally, I couldn't care less about matchmaking because I couldn't care less about the whole e-sports competitive thing they're trying to turn Nosgoth into - I just want to play against whoever. So I'd be fine with that myself. You, though, don't seem to enjoy being stuck with new folk. So it'd be a tradeoff.

Matchmaking's basically screwed one way or another until the game gains and keeps a decent population count. Or a better matchmaking system overall.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd Nov 2015 at 02:45.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    No, but you do care who you're playing with

Resetting MMR might get you quicker matches but they'll be matches with new players. Solving the one issue, via this particular solution, will only exacerbate the other issue. Though personally, I couldn't care less about matchmaking because I couldn't care less about the whole e-sports competitive thing they're trying to turn Nosgoth into - I just want to play against whoever. So I'd be fine with that myself. You, though, don't seem to enjoy being stuck with new folk. So it'd be a tradeoff.

Matchmaking's basically screwed one way or another until the game gains and keeps a decent population count. Or a better matchmaking system overall.
    I think you are missing my point, It's because I have high mmr that's the reason why they just stick completely new players on my team and tell me to carry all three, I understand if it's 1 or 2 new players on my team but 3 really? They don't even know how to heal themselves as a human and as vampire ffs. On top of that the enemy team are stacked with experienced players, all 4 of them. You tell me how is it fair for me. So is it Nosgoth Philosophy to stomp on the the old player to benefit new players? Instead of getting reward or perks for having high MMR you just get on.

OK, so I see you guys mention MMR a lot, and I have to admit that I have no clue what this is. Could someone explain what this is about?

I think you are missing my point, It's because I have high mmr that's the reason why they just stick completely new players on my team and tell me to carry all three, I understand if it's 1 or 2 new players on my team but 3 really? They don't even know how to heal themselves as a human and as vampire ffs. On top of that the enemy team are stacked with experienced players, all 4 of them. You tell me how is it fair for me. So is it Nosgoth Philosophy to stomp on the the old player to benefit new players? Instead of getting reward or perks for having high MMR you just get on.
    Nnnnoooo, if you reset MMR, it would just throw you into a team of completely new players even more then you were before. It wouldn't magically make you only play with 1 or 2 new players.

Also, it would be a really great way to put you against a bunch of low-level players that you could completely wreck with experience-based knowledge alone and ruin the game for them because they couldn't figure out how you were able to do those things. Obviously you're cheating. He must be cheating if he's that good. How does he know the map so well???

Either way, resetting MMR is a terrible idea, and I'm pretty sure the Devs are not going to ever do that.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    OK, so I see you guys mention MMR a lot, and I have to admit that I have no clue what this is. Could someone explain what this is about?
    match making rating
    and it is probably working like this: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

The point is I hate waiting, i don't care who i am playing against, just let me join a match instead of waiting 20+ min for 1 match.
    Try queueing with a group/party, in my experience it goes much faster.

Also, Leagues queue faster than regular TDM (seems most of player base are there).

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Also, Leagues queue faster than regular TDM (seems most of player base are there).
    Depressing if true.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Depressing if true.
    Oh it is. I basically quit playing for about 2 Months since I could not find any matches in regular TDM, then ranked came about and everybody dodged lobbies like crazy, so it took forever.

:/ Noone is going to go to the trouble of manually changing specifially your mmr that will go back up in 5 games anyway.

If you're really waiting "at least 15-30 mins" for a game you might want to report it as a bug. I never take this long, unless I'm in a group and it's 5 am (at least in EU, I don't know what your region is), maybe there's something actually wrong with your account.

Fully understand the top-starter frustration. But manual decreasing of MMR will lead to nothing, bcz it'll restore in a couple of days anyway. Idk, maybe it's more appropriate way to undo the MMR system at all, while comunity is so tight? If they care so much about e-sports, they can remove mmr system just from TDM and save it on leagues.

I pretty much only play in the Leagues if there's a prize I want. For example, those two Bloody skins. I don't care as much for the shield, and I don't even have the Vanguard, so I just play the normal game when I do play now.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    I pretty much only play in the Leagues if there's a prize I want. For example, those two Bloody skins. I don't care as much for the shield, and I don't even have the Vanguard, so I just play the normal game when I do play now.
    Funny how it was the opposite for me...i don't care for the bloody skins, managed to get one but never used.
    That shield looks pretty nice, and will be good to trade for the default one.