Thread: Intro from Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance in high quality ?

Smile Intro from Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance in high quality ?

Hello

I'm French (sorry if my English is bad) and new on this forum I like the Legacy Of Kain Serie for a long time and I'm here because I search the intro sequence of Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance in high quality.

But I don't talk about the videos from PS2 games, much better

Here, somebodies talked about the original videos created by GlyphX Studios : http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=37544

It's possible that the quality is like that or maybe not :

http://i.imgur.com/jIA5l1k.jpg

I don't know But I think it would be better than the PS2 version

So if somebody knows where I can find this, it would be cool

Thanks for your help !

have you tried youtube? as far as i know a true hd version of the trailers have never been released.
    Last edited by Uggabugg; 21st Nov 2015 at 18:09.
    signature image

Thanks for your answer

Yes, I searched on YouTube, but I found nothing. I suppose that it's very rare. But when I said high quality, I didn't want to say HD, even if it's generally the case when we talk about high quality video

I thought better quality video, but it's possible that it's still in standard definition. I have the impression that they talked about the original videos made by GlyphX in the other thread, so not the PS2 or dreamcast version, but an other material, less compressed I supposed.

I don't know. What do you understand when you read "Glyphx (i think, or the company who did the intro) also had a copy on their website of that available for download, although be aware that it is a VERY big download if your not on broadband." ?

Personnaly I think about a very rare video in very good quality which is proposed by the studio which made the videos. But maybe I'm wrong and I'm dreadming

i know who glyphx is, but i have never heard about this higher rez version you mention. maybe some of the other senior members might know. im sorry i cant help you as i would love to see a better version myself. loved the up-scaled version you did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwvaHKTrgo
    signature image

Aaah ! Yes, my video

Thank you !

Unfortunately, a higher quality version of the intros was never released. The versions on the PS1 and 2 disks of the games (SR1, 2, and Defiance) is the best it gets.

OK. At least I know now

Thanks for your answer