Thread: Recycling an old Idea

The Gamester Guest

Lightbulb Recycling an old Idea

I like to see Tomb Raider 1,2 and 3 reissue with modern CGI enhancements. I wonder if the Core Design and Eidos team are willing to consider this idea.

That would be cool..but with the new AOD game that will be out soon thats most unlikely

Nice but i don't think it would happen as Outr says AOD is the first of a likely new series why would you go back to the original when you can have something very new?

Unhappy

Also, I've had enough of buying games that have already been issued just because they've had bits changed. And Frankly I doubt Core would bother now they hav the 'New Lara' to play with.

Cool

As you say Core is probably far to busy with AOD and sequels there after to be bothered enhancing older games. But I hope this doesn't happen - I enjoy going back to TR1 and progressing through them watching how things have developed. I was one of the lucky ones who caught on to Lara quite early in her career, so as each game has come out I have definitely been one of the first in line to buy it. If I had discovered TR only recently and now went back to TR1 and the older games I might feel as you all do that the enhancements would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

The Gamester Guest

Lightbulb

I agree with you about TR1. I, too, was captivated by her charms. When PC Games magazine declare TR1 as New Game of the Year in 1996, I brought a copy of it almost immediately afterward. However I did feel a bit ripped off when the retail prices of these games started to drop less than six months later. Do you know TRIII is now selling for less than $10? I brought an original copy of it for $40 plus tax over two years ago. It does make me wonder how much the new Tomb Raider will cost and feeling cheated when its price start to drop faster than a rock sinking toward a river's bottom. No matter what I do expect plenty of action and challenges in the new game. I just hope that the development team remember the game is called Tomb Raider and it must have at least one tomb in it, no?[PHP] [CODE]