Thread: The Ending...

The Ending...

I have so many mixed feelings...

Okay, so there were so many parts to the ending; Konstantin, Divine Source, Ana, Spain... My biggest issue is that there was zero resolution with the whole "immortal soul" thing. Yes, Lara broke it, but there was no explanation as to where the Divine Source came from, who made it or how it worked < Which if you go by the comics is the main reason for Lara looking for this stuff in the first place.

I totally saw the "Trinity killed Richard" part coming, no shock there. It happened in the film, it happened in Underworld, it's just something that seems to happen in the TR universe

Now, Ana being sniped I didn't see coming, I was having more TRU flashbacks and expected Lara to shoot her in the leg and leave her, but nope!

Spain, or New Spain as it was written, is there a difference? Does anyone expect the next game to be set there? Roanoke *coughs* I imagine it would be sunny there, so I'm down for that, I'm sick of snow and ice

Gameplay wise, the fight leading up to the city - YAWN - That was literally the same as the one in TR9 in the windy chasm area, only far less stressful (did you guys know that the immortal guys really hate the poison gas) Anyway, again like TR9 there was lots of vertical climbing and explosions all around leading upto the end boss fight (my god, that helicopter /rage )

I think I did pretty well on the survivor difficulty, my biggest issue now is finding all the extra loot without survival instinct (it's actually really hard guys...)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I have so many mixed feelings...

Okay, so there were so many parts to the ending; Konstantin, Divine Source, Ana, Spain... My biggest issue is that there was zero resolution with the whole "immortal soul" thing. Yes, Lara broke it, but there was no explanation as to where the Divine Source came from, who made it or how it worked < Which if you go by the comics is the main reason for Lara looking for this stuff in the first place.

I totally saw the "Trinity killed Richard" part coming, no shock there. It happened in the film, it happened in Underworld, it's just something that seems to happen in the TR universe

Now, Ana being sniped I didn't see coming, I was having more TRU flashbacks and expected Lara to shoot her in the leg and leave her, but nope!

Spain, or New Spain as it was written, is there a difference? Does anyone expect the next game to be set there? Roanoke *coughs* I imagine it would be sunny there, so I'm down for that, I'm sick of snow and ice

Gameplay wise, the fight leading up to the city - YAWN - That was literally the same as the one in TR9 in the windy chasm area, only far less stressful (did you guys know that the immortal guys really hate the poison gas) Anyway, again like TR9 there was lots of vertical climbing and explosions all around leading upto the end boss fight (my god, that helicopter /rage )

I think I did pretty well on the survivor difficulty, my biggest issue now is finding all the extra loot without survival instinct (it's actually really hard guys...)
    I can't imagine how fun you must be at parties.
    Well, as you can't seem to understand what "reboot" means and for your exagerated "i've seen everything" fanatism i guess that the real yawn happens whenever someone reads your post.

Sure, the ending could have explained some more, bur for the rest of your claims i thibk that you can bite your tongue or something, because those claims are pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNicholson1995 View Post
    I can't imagine how fun you must be at parties.
    And you never will

Well, as you can't seem to understand what "reboot" means and for your exagerated "i've seen everything" fanatism i guess that the real yawn happens whenever someone reads your post.
    What does the game being a reboot have to do with anything? Regardless of it being a sequel to the reboot, it doesn't erase my memories of the previous games, and so when something is quite clearly the exact same plot point, I think it's fair to make a note of that.
    As for yawning at my posts, I think my 6k+ vs your 7 posts, just goes to show that I've had a tonne to say and have been involved on here for over 7 years, so...

Sure, the ending could have explained some more, bur for the rest of your claims i thibk that you can bite your tongue or something, because those claims are pointless.
    Did I touch a nerve of something? My 'claims' were simply things I noticed and thought would be interesting to discuss, I'm not sure if you know how these forum work, but people are free to share their opinions, whether or not they 'have a point'.

Now if you're confused my the tone of my post, I'll be happy to clear that up with you...

Divine Source < Complaint
    Richard < Not a complaint
    Ana < Not a complaint
    New Spain < General comment
    Gameplay < Complaint
    Difficulty < Not a complaint
    signature image

Literally just finished.

So, a bit Raiders of the Lost Ark with the Source. Clearly Ana was the real baddie from earlier when it was revealed that she made the wounds on Konstantin. Made sense for him to die. I didn't skip the credits so I take it everyone see's the epilogue if they hit B to skip? I thought Ana would go on to the next story - but mayb she does! What did th Divine Source do to her?

I think it was a satisfying story overall and can't wait for the next one!

New Spain (Spanish: Nueva España) was the colony comprising Spain's possessions in the New World north of the Isthmus of Panama. It was established following the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire in 1521, and following additional conquests, it was made a viceroyalty (Spanish: virreinato) in 1535.

Now to go back and mop up all the collecatbles and Tombs to get to 100% before I play on Survivor.

How did you find Survivor ABH in terms of crafting, weapons etc?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Literally just finished.

So, a bit Raiders of the Lost Ark with the Source. Clearly Ana was the real baddie from earlier when it was revealed that she made the wounds on Konstantin.
    When was that revealed!?
    What did th Divine Source do to her?
    I'd guess a similar thing to Sam... Only Sam didn't take a bullet
    New Spain (Spanish: Nueva España) was the colony comprising Spain's possessions in the New World north of the Isthmus of Panama. It was established following the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire in 1521, and following additional conquests, it was made a viceroyalty (Spanish: virreinato) in 1535.
    Whut? So we're going to find Mexican relics in Aztec ruins?
    How did you find Survivor ABH in terms of crafting, weapons etc?
    Honestly, not a problem... I don't think I ever ran out of leaves and cloths to make health kits. The only thing I struggled with was finding wood to craft the base camps nearish the start, then after the valley I always seemed to be finding wood
    signature image

I thought Ana would go on to the next story - but mayb she does! What did th Divine Source do to her?
    If it had worked on her, I'm guessing it would have been in vain anyway. When Lara destroyed the artifact, the prophet quickly fell into decay.

Ana harming Konstantin is in the logbooks. Not sure whose atm, but while I haven't read all of them, I did stumble into those, yes. One thing that I don't remember having seen is... what exactly was Ana's illness? It sounded so terminal, but unless I'm reading into it wrong, when she was with Richard she already was seeking the source for her own sake...

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Ana harming Konstantin is in the logbooks...
    Ohhh, that'll be why I didn't know, I'm saving them all for when I get 100%
    signature image

Ohhh, that'll be why I didn't know, I'm saving them all for when I get 100%
    I read them all as I picked them up. It mentions it in one of Ana's documents.
    signature image

Hmm, I tend to agree with much of what you're saying, Abe.

I really liked the story this time, despite some of it being somewhat predictable. Who's betting part 3 of the trilogy will involve looking for mum? . I liked that Ana had her own reasons for wanting the Divine Source and it wasn't to rule or destroy the world. That was Konstanin's job. I do think, as villains go, they are quite believable. I will say, I did not see Jacob being the Prophet though.

As for gameplay, I agree. If we can split the game in 3 (and a bit), between snow area, Geothermal valley and Kitezch, then I was disappointed with the final hub/ section of the game. I get it, the deathless were protecting the artefact, but, why can't CD allow a lost city to be a beautiful serene place, that happens to be interrupted by these beings (still basically human), then allow you to wonder at it. Atlantis, ugly with combat and frustrating climb (though the TR1 counterpart wasn't much better), Avalon/Nefleheim, ugly blue goo place with combat, Kitezch, ugly shanty town on ice with combat. Need I say more? And an uninspiring boss fight with Konstantin. TRU's puzzle element was better, but lacked a satisfying Lara Natla stand off. CD need to have a better mix, imo.

So, Ana and K were part of Trinity, but wanted the artefact for themselves, so kind of double crossed Trinity, which is why Trinity shot Ana?

I'm curious to see what's in store for the next instalment.

Honestly, not a problem... I don't think I ever ran out of leaves and cloths to make health kits. The only thing I struggled with was finding wood to craft the base camps nearish the start, then after the valley I always seemed to be finding wood
    What? You had to craft base camps? Your playing 360, right? Unless I missed it you didn't need to do that on Xbox One!

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I will say, I did not see Jacob being the Prophet though.
    I sussed that one pretty quickly too!
    signature image

If I had to guess at Ana's illness, I'd have to say it was Cystic Fibrosis. It would seem to fit her overt respiratory issues and somewhat malnourished appearance. People who have it are born with it and are lucky to reach middle age, as by then their lungs are literally burned out by chronic respiratory infections. It's like a ticking time-bomb waiting to go off, and that would fit with Ana's long-term quest and mounting desperation to find the source.

What? You had to craft base camps? Your playing 360, right? Unless I missed it you didn't need to do that on Xbox One!
    Another friend said that he didn't have to do that either, so perhaps it's a Survivor thing?
    But yeah, each camp cost 3 pieces of wood, although some were lit (for like story progression I guess)
    signature image

Another friend said that he didn't have to do that either, so perhaps it's a Survivor thing?
    But yeah, each camp cost 3 pieces of wood, although some were lit (for like story progression I guess)
    Interesting! I will look out for that on my next playthrough.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    And an uninspiring boss fight with Konstantin.
    The way I see, the boss fight was the helicopter, Konstantin was just the icing on the cake. On my second playthrough I noticed I could shoot to finish him, for the love of good people: don't!. Take it up close and personal. It pays off.

Some post-comment random chatter from the Trinity guys also mention what happened to Ana. They say there were foot tracks for two different people, then a mud of blood and past that point just one person's footsteps, but there was no body to be found. I do believe Ana is dead, but I thought it was a nice nod to how Trinity operates.

All in all I have to say I'm very surprised with these random dialogue lines. According to another, Trinity was also present on Yamatai...

The way I see, the boss fight was the helicopter, Konstantin was just the icing on the cake. On my second playthrough I noticed I could shoot to finish him, for the love of good people: don't!. Take it up close and personal. It pays off.
    All in all I have to say I'm very surprised with these random dialogue lines. According to another, Trinity was also present on Yamatai...
    Agreed, I had a much harder time with the chopper than with K. Also, I didn't choose to kill him, I walked up close then he screamed at me to klll him, so I walked away

I heard that line too, I assumed they were talking about after TR9, they went to the Island to clean up stuff (I'm sure one of them mentions killing the locals?)
    signature image

Trinity was present on Yamatai. In Tomb Raider, after you collect all of the GPS caches a document is unlocked (under GPS Secrets, I believe), which you have to actually go into your menu to view, as there isn't a pick-up prompt. It specifically mentions a Trinity operative being sent to investigate the 'Star Phenomenon' and to prevent Matthias from unlocking its secrets. Another document mentions Trinity involvement during WW2.

The rescue helicopter is also mentioned as being sent from 'freighter Trinity' but that might just be a coincidence.

Already posted this earlier in the launch thread, but I guess I'll share it here, too. Thanks for pointing me here, ABH

It was an..... interesting ending

It was nice in terms of story. A worthy conclusion to the reboot sequel, and it left me wanting for more Moreso that the "I'm not going home yet" ending of TR9, heh.

In terms of a final battle I found it kinda meh. The only part that had me really pushing myself was the fight at the top of that dome with the hordes of baddies coming from every freaking direction. But once I figured out the trick to it, it was relatively easy. But then... the final boss... that was disappointing. I really expected a bigger fight, like at the top of the mountain in TR9 fighting with the powerful Oni. That was a worthy boss fight. The boss fight in TR10 should've been like an "okay let's give the player a sensation of taking down the ultimate evil" when in reality it was more of an "okay let's wrap this up already and get to the ending cutscenes", which left me sort of unfulfilled. The final boss was super easy.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

It was a bit harder than the Matthias boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    But then... the final boss... that was disappointing. I really expected a bigger fight, like at the top of the mountain in TR9 fighting with the powerful Oni. That was a worthy boss fight. The boss fight in TR10 should've been like an "okay let's give the player a sensation of taking down the ultimate evil" when in reality it was more of an "okay let's wrap this up already and get to the ending cutscenes", which left me sort of unfulfilled. The final boss was super easy.
    Wouldn't that have been the chopper? Himiko could have been the same ultimate evil boss in TR2013 and it felt like an... "okay let's wrap this up already". And then Lara stabs her. With a torch. lol

A fair comparison would be Mathias though. A mere QTE for the final final boss.

Wouldn't that have been the chopper? Himiko could have been the same ultimate evil boss in TR2013 and it felt like an... "okay let's wrap this up already". And then Lara stabs her. With a torch. lol

A fair comparison would be Mathias though. A mere QTE for the final final boss.
    I didn't see the chopper as boss fight, no. Besides, the chopper was pretty easy anyway. You just stay out of its turret fire (which wasn't hard) until you're prompted to shoot the fireball. And even at that moment when you have to take a second to aim the game further dumbs it down by decreasing the amount of damage that the turret does to Lara.

I agree that Mathias was super easy, but the difference between the ending of TR9 and TR10 is that in the former that final QTE followed directly after an actual boss fight - the super strong Oni; that guy was really tough and really had my adrenaline going.

And I put emphasis on "directly" because IF one were to consider the chopper scene as TR10's boss fight then any adrenaline you had built up from that battle is instantly killed because Lara then entered a stealth scene (silently taking down the baddies from on top of those platforms).

So with TR9 the final Mathias QTE was at least part of one whole adrenaline-filled boss fight "package".

Does that make any sense? heh

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)