Thread: TR10 Story General Discussion Thread [spoilers!]

TR10 Story General Discussion Thread [spoilers!]

WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD!

I figured we need a dedicated thread for general story discussions!

As this thread is in the spoilers forum, feel free to post whatever about the story without using the [spoiler] tags.

So far I'm about 3 hours into the story and I'm well impressed. The story is very gripping and I like the use of flashbacks throughout the action moments. I'll get into more detail as I work through the campaign.

The biggest WOW-moment for me so far was the Croft Manor scene. That really made my heart jump and I love the way they introduced it

Soo... what are you guys' thoughts on the story so far?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I have no idea where I am, I just left Gulag and end up in the village, but I'm going very slowly because of all those beautiful views! Like seriously, most of the time I'm just sightseeing

The story is interesting so far. I already know why do they want this device, but... I wanted Ana to be good, ok? I really wanted Lara to have someone close to her since Sam had most likely end up in a mental facility "under Himiko's spell". So finding out she's the one behind pretty much all of it was like... a slap to Lara's face (and mine too!). I understand her desperation, she wants to live, but poor Lara, losing another family member.
    Funny thing is - I knew she was sick even before they showed it. She LOOKED sick when she came to Lara's apartment so huge kudos to CD for that, because it's not easy to show that the character is sick (Ana had one of her eyes bloodshot, her skin was too pale).
    I'm gonna say it out loud - I hope Sam will be a part of the next game AS A FRIEND, not an enemy or anything like it. Lara NEEDS her best friend, a girl-kind of a friend because girls stick together in too many subjects and no guy can deal with it. And since they were pretty much like a family, I really want to know that Lara isn't all alone. I enjoy her humane face too much.
    Oh, and I'd like to know how Lara's mom died. We already know what happened to her father, but since CD had said this game is more interested in her father, I think we won't find out anything about her mother. She for sure died when Lara was very little. Or maybe she didn't die? There must be the reason why Richard was trying to find all the secrets of immortality and I doubt it was just to find it and share it with the world.

I'm glad Johna isn't in this game as much as I thought he'd be. No offence, but he's not really interesting. They could give him some sort of story, but they didn't so... Jacob is much better. He's actually a great character, I really enjoy his story and I find him quite weird. He's an enigma to me. He knows too much, but I can't really think why and how.

I also miss Reyes. Her sarcasm would bring some more hilarious scenes to the game. For now, only one scene made me really laugh - "drop the book!" The guy almost killed you and all you can say is "drop the book", yeah

Lara's new kind of language is... quite amazing :P Her little talk with Ana and Konstantine was great. "No f... way"
    Last edited by dayoum; 12th Nov 2015 at 00:05.

I still can't believe Ana is with Trinity. What a wild revelation, and if that wasn't enough, Lara almost called her the C word. I loved it.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    What a wild revelation, and if that wasn't enough, Lara almost called her the C word. I loved it.
    Lara is becoming a big girl now, heh? I like the personality change you described in the other thread.

Is Ana something like the main villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I still can't believe Ana is with Trinity. What a wild revelation, and if that wasn't enough, Lara almost called her the C word. I loved it.
    Yeah, I'm shocked and I don't really like this situation...
    I wouldn't say she's with Trinity tbh. She did work for them, that's for sure, but she has her own desires and those are the most important. So whoever we're against, it's not Trinity per se.
    The C word and the F word...

Quote Originally Posted by IvanaKC View Post
    Lara is becoming a big girl now, heh? I like the personality change you described in the other thread.

Is Ana something like the main villain?
    Ana leads her brother's "army", but I'd say it's her brother who's the main villain. Ana isn't really powerful to fight with Lara. And she's dying. If we'll have any bosses at the end of the game, it for sure will be Konstantin.