Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Xbox One] Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing [Resolved]

[Xbox One] Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing [Resolved]

Moderator Note: We've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

If you would like to restart the game prior to patch 2 dropping, the way to avoid this bug is:

Ensure that you do not save and exit the game right before the water pool that requires the rebreather on the way to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, prior to completing the flooded archives.

Again, we are very sorry about this situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been trying to figure out this bug since yesterday, however I've had no luck.

While in the Acropolis the first time, Jacob spoke over the radio, however I didn't continue with the story. I went to the nearby challenge tomb. Once I came back to the Acropolis (this is what I believe triggered the bug) I picked up and threw a chicken which for some reason ended up locking Lara's movement for a brief period. I had to spam the buttons on the controller for her to move again. Once I tried progressing with the story - making it up to the village where the cutscene of Trinity soldiers shooting Remnants is meant to play, it doesn't. I'm freely able to walk into the area (and even further if I want to). The furthest point I was able to make it up to was when you save Sofia. I assume a cutscene is meant to play once you kill the four soldiers, however it doesn't. I'm able to collect the grenade arrow, but once I destory the barricade Lara's movements lock up permanently this time. The only way I'm able to move is by using the axe, but I still can't progress through the story.

I've tried using a backup save, but it seems I've been playing the game post-bug for too long, so it doesn't put me before the incident.

Any help would be great. I'd rather find a fix than have to replay the entire game up to this point, so thank you. Also, I'm new to the forums so sorry if I'm unable to make threads. There doesn't seem to be an existing thread I can post into though.
    Last edited by MeaganMarie; 21st Nov 2015 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by biancheeseteeth View Post
    I've been trying to figure out this bug since yesterday, however I've had no luck.

While in the Acropolis the first time, Jacob spoke over the radio, however I didn't continue with the story. I went to the nearby challenge tomb. Once I came back to the Acropolis (this is what I believe triggered the bug) I picked up and threw a chicken which for some reason ended up locking Lara's movement for a brief period. I had to spam the buttons on the controller for her to move again. Once I tried progressing with the story - making it up to the village where the cutscene of Trinity soldiers shooting Remnants is meant to play, it doesn't. I'm freely able to walk into the area (and even further if I want to). The furthest point I was able to make it up to was when you save Sofia. I assume a cutscene is meant to play once you kill the four soldiers, however it doesn't. I'm able to collect the grenade arrow, but once I destory the barricade Lara's movements lock up permanently this time. The only way I'm able to move is by using the axe, but I still can't progress through the story.

I've tried using a backup save, but it seems I've been playing the game post-bug for too long, so it doesn't put me before the incident.

Any help would be great. I'd rather find a fix than have to replay the entire game up to this point, so thank you. Also, I'm new to the forums so sorry if I'm unable to make threads. There doesn't seem to be an existing thread I can post into though.
    Hello and welcome to the forums! Sorry you're encountering this and thanks for starting the thread and verifying you tried the back-up save. Could you please send a few more details to help us look into this?

• What platform are you playing on – Xbox One or Xbox 360?
    • Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes?
    • If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously?
    • Do you have the Day 1 patch installed?
    Last edited by RobinHuey; 11th Nov 2015 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinHuey View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums! Sorry you're encountering this and thanks for starting the thread and verifying you tried the back-up save. Could you please send a few more details to help us look into this?

• What platform are you playing on – Xbox One or Xbox 360?
    • Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes?
    • If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously?
    • Do you have the Day 1 patch installed?
    I'm playing on Xbox One, playing the main campaign. I haven't finished in another save slot and I do have the Day 1 patch installed!

Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List
    signature image

i to am having the same problem ive tried the back up save and even leaving to another area and fast traveling back no luck.how ever when i watch it online there's soldiers before you go under ground in the open area with a well looking thing in the middle. for me there is no soldiers here it is all empty till you get to the 2 when you first go under ground.and one of them is studying the mural also for me when i get to the room with sofia there are 3 soldiers not 4 not sure if that matters.... im also playing on main campain xbox one first playthrough and i had it pre-ordered and downloaded like 3 or 4 weeks before relese so i assume the first patch is downloaded.

Thank you for the info! If you happen to have any screenshots or videos of the bug that would be super helpful. We're looking into it, though!

[Xbox One] Freeze Bug in the Tower Catacombs [Under Investigation]

when you go into the tower catacombs, in the scene where the douchecanoes kill Sofa's bro? I used poison to insta-kill them. Which meant her friend didn't die. And the game doesn't have dialogue for that, so it lets you get the grenade arrows and fire them at the door but then freezes.

And reloading the game doesn't seem to be helping. Please advise.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention & sorry for the trouble. Is there any chance you could provide a quick video clip of the bug? I'm passing this on to QA now regardless.

I don't have one at the moment. :/ I could get one for you tonight. (I am relaying for a friend. Now I know not what to do when I get to that part).

She said that no matter what she does, she will get this freeze regardless.

I'll check back for a video whenever you're able to share!

Hi

Have absolutly the same bug. Xbox One, first story playthrough.

Lunchboxzombie1 & Morfius01 - Another quick question - after defeating the flamethrower boss, did you go straight into the acropolis, or did you leave the story path and venture into any challenge tombs or fast travel to finish other quests?

Acropolis bug

I am having the same issue. I watched a walk through online of what is suppose to happen and after you kill the three soldiers that are holding the tribe people in the room with the breakthrough wall; its suppose to go straight to a cut scene. I am Playing on xbox 360, story mode on survivor, first time playthrough. I ventured out and fast traveled a couples times before I reached this glitch. I didn't finish any other quests or tombs. Only fast traveled. This is frustrating.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Watching some walkthrough gameplay videos that were able to progress past this bug, I've identified a few key differences between the walkthrough and my gameplay that may cause the required cutscenes to not trigger.

1. I did not check into the base camp at the Remnant Bazaar. Thus, I missed out on Lara's monologue about fighting with the Remnant. I believe not triggering this monologue is what caused the next cutscene to fail.

2. Upon dropping into the Bazaar, and reaching the courtyard where the Remnant are executed, there was no cutscene and none of the enemies spawned. The lack of this cutscene is likely what caused the next cutscene to fail as well.

3. Enemies in the area first spawned at beginning of the underground portion of the level (when a Trinity soldier says "Let's move, the rest of them can catch up"), and the level progressed seemingly as normal up until the room with Sofia. Upon killing all the enemies in the room with Sofia, the cutscene where Lara and Sofia exchange words doesn't occur. The Remnant prisoners instead stay crouched or huddled on the ground in fear, and I'm unable to interact with them in any way.

After this point, the bug continues as described above. I'm able to make my way to the armory, acquire the grenade arrows, and even blow open the door. Upon blowing up the door, my movement locks up, and I can no longer turn or move. I can aim and fire my bow, and spam melee to move around slightly.

My current theory on this is that the execution cutscene did not trigger because I failed to check in at the Remnant Bazaar base camp, thereby missing Lara's monolgue at that camp.

So I guess my question now is: is there any way to fix this? I've unfortunately relied too much on the auto-save of the game ( I have only one save file), and I am now past the point of being able to go back and trigger any of the cutscenes that I've missed. I can't reload the save or chapter, as doing so drops me down a hole that I cannot get out of.

I have the same issue. I'm playing on the Xbox one. After the flamethrower boss I went to a challenge tomb and fast travelled to previous locations multiple times before progressing to The Acropolis. I also used the fast travel at the first camp-site in The Acropolis.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bochzyics2...tudio.mp4?dl=0

she uploaded it here. I hope it helps!

Just wanted to make sure it was working. SOrry for the spam

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Thank you for the info! If you happen to have any screenshots or videos of the bug that would be super helpful. We're looking into it, though!
    I am having same problem. After beating Flamethrower boss I did lot of exploration, Tombs and Allies mission. I am on Xbox One.

Story glitch. Show stopper

Spoilers* I'm at the part in the rise of the tomb raider where you are supposed to Save Sophia. I enter the catacombs. Kill the few guys who where executing the remant fighters. Then as you walk through the hallway the floor explodes and you fall through. I get the two guys on patrol. I light them on fire with a molotov then squeeze through the cracks. This is where it gets complicated for me....when I come around the corner and see the three guys garding the prisoners. I've had it where sophia doesn't spawn and some times she does. I kill all of the bad guys and all the prisoners squat down to avoid gun fire, including Sophia when she spawns. Once the are dead and Laura stands up I can't interact to any one. The objective point says it's behind the rubble. I can see the wall on the left is breakable, I climb through to the armory and grab the explosive arrow and shoot at the door. When I do I can no longer move. I can only shoot, melee and role.

Is there anything I can do? I've tried reverting to the backup save. Same thing happened. Please help if you can I would like to keep playing!

Another quick question - after defeating the flamethrower boss, did you go straight into the acropolis, or did you leave the story path and venture into any challenge tombs or fast travel to finish other quests?
    Yeh, I did some exploration, ventured into a tomb (between village and acropolis), used fast travel to the merchant.

i had the same issue but a little bit early, just after the cutscene in wich you get the granade arrow, i climb back the ledge and shot the arrow trough the windows to unblock the gate below, then lara stop responding to movement, I checked on youtube gameplays and a cutscene its supossed to load after the gate its unblocked, but it doesnt, it just stays there, without lara beeing able to move.

I am playing on Xbox One in a digital updated copy of the game, in the main campain for the first time.

bug red mine

I play xbox one

after shooting the arrow with grenade in the door
    I'm stuck, I can not move
    even if I recharge it does not work

I am have the exact same problem as NotATinkerToy. Xbox One, Day One Patch downloaded. However, this is my second play through, this time on survivor. I have had zero issues until Acropolis. Lara is now frozen (no travel movement) after using a grenade arrow to blow open the metal door below the hole in the iron window.

[QUOTE=NotATinkerPony;2185019]I'm experiencing the same issue. Watching some walkthrough gameplay videos that were able to progress past this bug, I've identified a few key differences between the walkthrough and my gameplay that may cause the required cutscenes to not trigger.

[B]1. I did not check into the base camp at the Remnant Bazaar. Thus, I missed out on Lara's monologue about fighting with the Remnant. I believe not triggering this monologue is what caused the next cutscene to fail.

Acropolis Bug

I am stuck in the Acropolis mission. I was playing the mission from the point where Laura comes down a hill to a burning campsite goes through a few guards and falls into an underground tunnel system and kills a couple more guards then goes through the small hole in the wall. I think my problem is here, I looked up the mission walkthrough online while trying to see why it would not work, it is supposed to play a cut-scene where Laura saves the local woman whom she has been helping. Then she goes through the brick wall with the climbing hook to the outside of the blocked door and crafts explosive arrows. I get here and she shoots the door and the next cut scene is supposed play however Laura just becomes stuck and I cannot move but all of her other functions work. She can switch weapons, throw melees, and shoot while actively aiming. No jumping no running around or moving at all.
    First resolution I found online was to try the backup save and I did but to no avail the exact same issue happens repeatedly. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game.
    Xbox one on disc

Any advice would be awesome, would rather not restart but if so oh well.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast