Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Xbox One] Acropolis Progression Bug - cutscenes not playing [Resolved]

Quote Originally Posted by t3hOutlaw View Post
    So it looks like the solution is to start again? *sigh*

Weekend wasted playing on survivor mode. Probably not going to bother now.. Shame. Was really enjoying it too.
    One thing that everyone ought to do is rotate your save game slots. There are 3 in the game and I change mine every so often. Also, have you tried opening a backup save? http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...25#post2182925
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    One thing that everyone ought to do is rotate your save game slots. There are 3 in the game and I change mine every so often. Also, have you tried opening a backup save? http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...25#post2182925
    I went to the back up save for the game slot I was using but that didn't help.

You shouldn't have to rotate save slots. The game is designed to be a seamless with little to no loading screens. It's not a word document or a final thesis, I'm playing a triple 'A' game, the bug should not happen.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by t3hOutlaw View Post
    I went to the back up save for the game slot I was using but that didn't help.

You shouldn't have to rotate save slots. The game is designed to be a seamless with little to no loading screens. It's not a word document or a final thesis, I'm playing a triple 'A' game, the bug should not happen.

/rant
    This is true, but things do go wrong sometimes and I would rather rotate my save slot every so often than have to repeat 20 or 30 hours of a game. I am 20+ hours and 60% in and I haven't experienced any glitches or bugs whatsoever, but I am still doing it.
    signature image

Hello, I had the same problem like everybody else - there is nobody on the courtyard, Sofia doesn't want to talk with me and i'm stuck after blowing up the door with granade arrow. Is there any chance that SE patch this bug in near future?

My answers:
    I have game on disc, i download patch.
    - After defeating the area boss after getting the shotgun, did you fast travel out of the area? Did you enter the nearby side tomb?
    No, i was in valley, and yes, I was in tomb. After I saw problem, I try go to other areas and went back to acropol, but it didn't helped.
    - If you fast travelled out, do you remember where you went before heading back to the acropolis?
    Went back to the Geothermal valley and soviet outpost (but it was after I realized problem).
    - Did you die on the way to the courtyard before noticing the NPCs weren't there?
    No.
    - Were you trying to collect everything, or just running from beacon to beacon?
    Just collecting what I could.
    - Did you have any issues during the shotgun fight area? Did you die in this area at all?
    Didn't die. Everything was fine.

Please, PLEASE SE - fix this, because this is very disappointing. Game is great, but things like this is very frustrating. If I will have to start again, I will probably not do it, and sell the game.

PS. Very sorry for my english - i'm from Polish and i dont have lot in common with yours language

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else. I am playing on Survivor, on Xbox One.

To answer the question...I didn't die against the flamethrower dude.

I did exploring in the area when I could attempting to get everything. I didn't fast travel at all. I went to the nearest tomb that I could (the one with the boats.) I did die several times in the tomb before I finished it. Afterwards, I made my way forward like I was supposed to, collecting everything I could. Eventually, I noticed checkpoints stopped refreshing (specifically the one in the marketplace I believe it's called) and then they continued not refreshing. Eventually when I go to shoot out the door with the grenade arrows she just doesn't move.

Here is a video that shows exactly what is going on. It's not my video, but it shows exactly what is happening non-the-less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3iMgugvkD8

We think we may have figured out the issue. At any point prior to encountering the bug, did you go to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in the Geothermal Valley, realize you needed a near gear item to access it, and then quit out or turned back from the tomb?

Update! We've finally been able to reproduce this and are working towards a fix!

@MeganMarie

You think about that tomb where you need oxygen mask? Yes i was there before I went to Acropolis

@MeganMarie

I too went to the Bath of Kitezh tomb, realized I didn't have the re-breather, and and turned back.

Yeah...if you're talking about the tomb that you need the rebreather for, I too went there prior to the bug.

I went there too. Great that you reproduced the bug.

I've just run into this bug.
    If you need a video of it here you go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIht...ature=youtu.be

Hi everyone. Got this bug las night. Movement stopped after using grenade arrow. One thing I do remember happening was once I reached the beacon to enter the market type place (before going under ground) the beacon stayed lit. Entered challenge tomb (boats) before progressing to Acropolis. Wasn't near a tomb that required re breather though? If this glitch is fixed will I be able to continue with current saved game or will I have to restart?

I just encountered this bug also. I'm stuck unable to get past the Acropolis map after shooting down the door with the grenade arrow. I went back to a previous save but it wasn't far back enough. I now cannot move on to the next stage of the campaign. I hope there is a patch soon that not not only prevents this bug from happening but also fixes it for those that have already encountered it in their current game save.

[QUOTE=Kyle-3129;2185270]Spoilers* I'm at the part in the rise of the tomb raider where you are supposed to Save Sophia. I enter the catacombs. Kill the few guys who where executing the remant fighters. Then as you walk through the hallway the floor explodes and you fall through. I get the two guys on patrol. I light them on fire with a molotov then squeeze through the cracks. This is where it gets complicated for me....when I come around the corner and see the three guys garding the prisoners. I've had it where sophia doesn't spawn and some times she does. I kill all of the bad guys and all the prisoners squat down to avoid gun fire, including Sophia when she spawns. Once the are dead and Laura stands up I can't interact to any one. The objective point says it's behind the rubble. I can see the wall on the left is breakable, I climb through to the armory and grab the explosive arrow and shoot at the door. When I do I can no longer move. I can only shoot, melee and role.

Is there anything I can do? I've tried reverting to the backup save. Same thing happened. Please help if you can I would like to keep playing![/QUOT

I'm having the same issue. Any fixes?

Hey Meagan Marie/Crystal Dynamics, huge fan of you guys and the games you make!
    So, regarding this bug, I encountered this a week ago pretty much the same way most of the other players here are describing. When entering the market place that is on fire, there were no enemy soldiers and no cutscene played which lead to Lara becoming stuck after destroying the door with the grenade arrows within the catacombs.

I really wanted to play through the game and was worried it might be a bit before there was a patch released, so I restarted a second playthrough and progressed only playing the main story and ignoring everything else (to save time). I just reached the market area that is on fire and the cutscene played! On my original playthrough I did a lot of exploring and I believe I either fast traveled from one of the camps right before the Acropolis or entered one of the side tombs before the Acropolis instead of continuing the main story, which may have triggered the bug.

It's not ideal, but I suggest for others who really want to get through this game, to start a second playthrough and just sprint through the story and ignore everything else, while also swapping save files every 5-10% in case a bug is encountered. it's actually pretty quick given that there is so much optional content. It only took me a few hours compared to the probably 10-15 hours I had put in on my first playthrough leading up to that point from exploring everything. Obviously you won't have the collectibles gathered from the previous playthrough but at least you can progress the story now! For the rest of my play though I'm going to swap save files here and there so I always have a recent one I can go back to if I encounter any other bugs. I've also kept my original first playthrough save file in case it gets fixed for players who are already affected by it.

Playing on Xbox One, Patch 1 installed, digital version.

Is this ever gonna be fixed, I feel no one is getting anywhere with it. And if the only fix is to start th e game over, I will be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    We think we may have figured out the issue. At any point prior to encountering the bug, did you go to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in the Geothermal Valley, realize you needed a near gear item to access it, and then quit out or turned back from the tomb?
    Can it be fixed? Is there a time frame of when?

Is we did do that why would it make a difference, isn't the point of the game to try and explore, is there going to be a fix any time soon

Similar situation. Went Over the bridge. Blew the barricade. No cutscene and I can't go under the damnned wooden door. Howeve unlike some of the other folks when I hit that well area b4 the catacombs there were soldiers there. And I had no problem with the first cutscene when u blow the first barricade from behind the gate/window to release Sofia and the rest. I could move just fine and went back to prior areas finished up some seeking. Came back..still can't enter into the Acropolis. Reloaded, quit game reloaded.. Nothin she will not crawl under that damn hole in the door. Similarly when I went back to the copper mine and went all the way up b4 the chopper run in the room where the shield guys come the first time. After crawling through from the passageway into that room there was no way out since the top exit had been blown shut. Had to reload checkpoint from there as well. This buggyness is ridiculous.
    Did I buy the damned beta???

Is we did do that why would it make a difference, isn't the point of the game to try and explore, is there going to be a fix any time soon

P.s.. While playing "rise of the tomb raider" did you happen to try to go into a tomb?.. Well that's how you broke your game. Kinda **ed IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Meowsh86 View Post
    It's not ideal, but I suggest for others who really want to get through this game, to start a second playthrough and just sprint through the story and ignore everything else, while also swapping save files every 5-10% in case a bug is encountered. .
    I know I could do a speed run, but that would defeat the purpose of the game, and you wouldn't gain the equipment, resources, and XP from the side quests, and therefore even when you get back to the place of the bug in a day of replaying, you would be a weaker character at that point with less abilities and upgrades, and the game just wouldn't be the same after that while completing the rest of the game. I'm glad you were able to replay but for me I just couldn't bring myself to do that, so I'm going to wait for a patch hopefully.

A bug like this would normally mean I'm through, I'm selling my game and moving on but this is one of the best games this generation so far, so want to give it a chance.

Update - we've been able to isolate the cause of the bug, and will prevent it from happening in patch #2. Unfortunately, do to the complexity of this issue touching individual save files, we do not safely have a way to fix this for those who have already encountered it. We understand this is an immensely frustrating situation and are deeply apologetic to those of you who encountered the bug.

If you would like to restart the game prior to patch 2 dropping, the way to avoid this bug is:

Ensure that you do not save and exit the game right before the water pool that requires the rebreather on the way to the Bathhouse Challenge Tomb in Geothermal Valley, prior to completing the flooded archives.

Again, we are very sorry about this situation.

So i have to restart the game Pathetic

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast