Thread: The person who trolls and skirts the anti-AFK system still hasn't been banned.

The person who trolls and skirts the anti-AFK system still hasn't been banned.

  1. #1

    The person who trolls and skirts the anti-AFK system still hasn't been banned.

    At this point, virtually all of us know about the piece of human garbage who whines about how bad his team is then runs off to a corner and goes AFK, ruining the rest of the match. He has been doing this for MONTHS without repercussion. I've reported him via Steam, I've reported him via forum mod, and yet he's still allowed to continue this behavior. WHY? Why has nothing been done about this person who should so obviously be banned? Help me understand the reasoning here.

  2. #2
    "Human garbage"?

    It's a video game. Grow up.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    "Human garbage"?

    It's a video game. Grow up.
    You're going to have to clarify your argument here, champ. I'm not sure I see how the venue of "video game" negates this awful behavior.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    "Human garbage"?

    It's a video game. Grow up.
    ....

    excuse me? You think it's ok to be a because it's a game, and he's the one who needs to grow up?
    Last edited by Bazielim; 9th Nov 2015 at 08:36.

  5. #5
    Well if it's the infamous "he who shall not be named"(let's just call him Voldemort), I certainly understand the OP's frustration. While he's a bit over the top the guy he's talking about is the bane of any community...game or not.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    You think it's ok to be a because it's a game
    Quite certain I never said anything like that.

    Rapists, murderers, oppressive dictators - these are actual examples of human garbage. So if he thinks "guy who annoyed me in a video game" is on par with that then yes, he has some serious room for growth.

    This guy sounds like a pain to be sure but let's have some perspective here.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 9th Nov 2015 at 08:37.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Quite certain I never said anything like that.

    Rapists, murderers, oppressive dictators - these are actual examples of human garbage. So if he thinks "guy who annoyed me in a video game" is on par with that then yes, he has some serious room for growth.

    This guy sounds like a pain to be sure but let's have some perspective here.
    Really nice logic.

    I need to question topic starter, what devs or "whatever" steam workers should really do with this guy? Bann him , really? For being toxic or salty? Not for unfair play, using cheats/hacks, not even for racism. Just for "mom issue" and trolling ?

    I know, I hate when guys like him happens in my matches. But, the main issue is not in this guy, but in system that can't carry normal players from being trolled like that. THIS whole system should really be reworked, not just that guy got banned. Solutuion is simple to the core - create voting for kicking, create voting to surrender. That's all, that's the solution. It has been offered in feedback to devs hundreds of times, but still they are more concerned in creating an army of chests .... well , u know the rest.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Solution is simple to the core - create voting for kicking, create voting to surrender. That's all, that's the solution. It has been offered in feedback to devs hundreds of times, but still they are more concerned in creating an army of chests .... well , u know the rest.
    Vote systems for kicking do poorly in competition-styled games. People get kicked for not reaching certain numbers, not playing the 'right' classes, arbitrary nonsense like that.

    Now AFK does get you auto-kicked for idling but apparently Voldemort (yes, I'm sticking with that, thank Llama) moves just enough to avoid that. So perhaps a kick vote specifically for AFK players. (And while they're at it, a chat block function for the more outspoken variety of nuisance.)

    Though I'm curious how he 'ruins' the match...Is it the lack of a fourth teammate weakening the play or do they just kill him over and over while he stands there, cheaply racking up points? For the latter, I'll continue to suggest that AFK players be flagged as such and immune to damages for the duration. Very agitating to see free kills scored off some guy who wandered away for a snack mid-match...

    And given the new way matches work with rounds ending abruptly and automatically based on the score (rather than playing out to the full 30 kills), a surrender vote seems (despite still holding merit) less appealing than it once did. We'd just see matches cut even shorter than they are now. It'd be great with the old system though.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 9th Nov 2015 at 05:30.

  9. #9
    Not only voting to kick an afk'er . It's an competitive game, yes. And as every competitive game it has a score to evaluate play level. We have laready "free to leave match without penalty" system according to mmr of players in match, so why not to make a vote for kicking that will start when detecting the score of player is much lower then other dudes in his team, or not changing for a while. If team will find him as a usefull one no matter to his score, they are free to deny vote, so he won't be kicked. (if at least 1 teammate deny vote )
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Vote systems for kicking do poorly in competition-styled games. People get kicked for not reaching certain numbers, not playing the 'right' classes, arbitrary nonsense like that.
    Dunno why are u talking of it as of some sort of a bad thing, though. I don't see any harm in kicking people that not reaching certain numbers :P
    Last edited by Kootkha; 9th Nov 2015 at 05:50.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Dunno why are u talking of it as of some sort of a bad thing
    Because it is. Remind me never to eat at any restaurant you open though. Might get thrown out for ordering fish because the others in the place want me to order beef instead.

    This is, however, straying a bit from point. Those who skirt the idle kick are a bother and something does need to be set up to handle that scenario.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Because it is. Remind me never to eat at any restaurant you open though. Might get thrown out for ordering fish because the others in the place want me to order beef instead.
    In my vegetarian restaurant you would be automatically kicked out for that!
    Last edited by Kootkha; 9th Nov 2015 at 08:02.

  12. #12
    Howdy there.

    If you could PM me a link to his Steam account, I'll see if anything can/needs to be done.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Rapists, murderers, oppressive dictators - these are actual examples of human garbage. So if he thinks "guy who annoyed me in a video game" is on par with that then yes, he has some serious room for growth.
    Call him a poophead if you like; won't make him less annoying.

    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Vote systems for kicking do poorly in competition-styled games. People get kicked for not reaching certain numbers, not playing the 'right' classes, arbitrary nonsense like that.
    I have opposed the votekick feature for Nosgoth for this reason in the past. But assuming it'd be restricted to ranked it may be a good idea because with no replacements and no bots people would have to have a very good reason to kick someone.

  14. #14
    Implementing a vote-kick system would make things even worse. You're still going to lose 3v4, and now you've got a system in place that encourages people to act like so they can leave the game without penalty by getting kicked.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 11th Nov 2015 at 17:54.

  15. #15
    If you kicked someone out of league, you're practically guaranteeing a loss (unless the three remaining are absolutely extraordinary) since don't get a replacement. Might as well forfeit, since being down a player is no better than having a bad player.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  16. #16
    I think I probably dealt with this person the other day and sent a report in to the mods to alert them to his behavior. When the entire team didn't ask how high when he told us to jump as soon as we were let out of the gates, he started insulting us and then did the skirting-the-afk-kick thing whilst laughing and insulting us and shouting over the voice chat and typing audibly to his friends or something in chat. You could tell because he kept hot-micing the entire match, but when he WASN'T talking, all you heard was muffled game sounds and his fingers click-click-clicking.

    We ended up purposely throwing the match - a ranked match, at that - just to be rid of him and move on with life. :/

    Also, I have to say that I'm completely opposed to a "vote kick" function, too. I've seen those sorts of things abused far too many times. I don't like the idea of encouraging bullying behavior. If someone is being a jerk in a match, then we should be able to mute them and ignore them, and there shouldn't be a way to kick someone out just because they're only doing 2k dmg, not 3k like you want of them. Don't tell me it won't happen. It already does in the games that use it.

  17. #17
    something is really wrong in how the dev analyze the report if someone so toxic is still playing after months of harassment and report sent from different users...

    myself time to time i rage ingame but this seems a serial-toxic player who intentionally go afk in many matches, is the kind of player who can push away other player from the game, for real.