Thread: Questions about Jefferson and plot (spoilers)

Questions about Jefferson and plot (spoilers)

I was shocked when Jefferson showed up in the junkyard at the end of episode 4.
    I know it seems obvious now with him just being so nice and dropping a subtle hint at the being of the game. (Does he ever say anything else that hints at his true intentions? I don't think so?) Also with all that misdirection of Nathan being so OBVIOUSLY the bad guy. Although I did suspect Nathan was just a tool for the real main villian I was shocked when it turned out to be Jefferson. He seemed like such a nice guy. And the realistic way the game portrayed all the characters made me think he really was just a cool teacher.

It would have been interesting to hear a more interesting reason for why he did what he did. Like maybe he felt pressured to keep putting out good works for his photo career and felt this was the only way. Maybe that is the logical reason. Also he is a sicko of course haha.

But my question is: Was Jefferson really in cahoots with Sean Prescott and then used Nathan as a pawn? How did Jefferson get all the money from Sean Prescott for the dark room and how the heck was Prescott just ok with it? Was he wanting something from the situation? Did he not know? But how could he not if it was his money that was used? Is it obvious? I am surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about this. I honestly thought they were maybe going to pull a Cabin in the Woods and say they were doing it to appease the Gods haha. Kinda glad they didn't.

Finally, couldn't Max have tried out going back in time and warning her friends about the tornado? There has to be a way to get away from a tornado in time. Or was it too late because when you travel back in the pictures you are stuck in the immediate area of the picture?

I'd have to give the game another replay and read into all the messages from Sean Prescott etc. again, but I really think there was a lot more to Sean Prescott than we were presented with; I think he had a bigger role that should have come to light in episode 5, but never got explored due to time constraints, etc. (like a lot of ep 5).

As for Max warning her friends, the school and the town... How many would actually believe some random schoolgirl blabbering on about a tornado coming? Her close friends, maybe - but teachers and other strangers and people in Arcadia Bay? If there are no weather warnings, I doubt anyone would believe her.

Interesting, thanks.

Yea I wouldn't believe her. :P That tornado must have came out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuardo View Post
    I'd have to give the game another replay and read into all the messages from Sean Prescott etc. again, but I really think there was a lot more to Sean Prescott than we were presented with; I think he had a bigger role that should have come to light in episode 5, but never got explored due to time constraints, etc. (like a lot of ep 5).

As for Max warning her friends, the school and the town... How many would actually believe some random schoolgirl blabbering on about a tornado coming? Her close friends, maybe - but teachers and other strangers and people in Arcadia Bay? If there are no weather warnings, I doubt anyone would believe her.
    At least Max could have told Chloe in that photo with Warren to tell as many people as they can (Warren, Joyce and David at least, they will meet them!) to get out of the town immediately as they see the first signs of the storm.
    Last edited by Tataboj; 5th Nov 2015 at 20:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Ať least Max could have told Chloe in that photo with Warren to tell as many people as they can (Warren, Joyce and David at least, they will meet them!) to get out of the town immediately as they see the first signs of the storm.
    Well, that's true. I wonder why she didn't at least try at that point. That said, I can still imagine Chloe having a hard time convincing even her mother and especially David. Warren might believe her, especially if it is coming from Max, but it's still something I think so many people would have a hard time getting their heads around, what with no TV/radio warnings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuardo View Post
    Well, that's true. I wonder why she didn't at least try at that point. That said, I can still imagine Chloe having a hard time convincing even her mother and especially David. Warren might believe her, especially if it is coming from Max, but it's still something I think so many people would have a hard time getting their heads around, what with no TV/radio warnings etc.
    Well, if nothing else, I'm sure people will at least get out of Arcadia Bay sooner when they see signs of the tornado or the storm.