Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Black Butler

Black Butler

Black Butler tells the story of Ciel Phantomhive and his superhuman servant, the butler Sebastian, as they work cases in sevice of the Queen.

It's not me who is a big fan of this series, but my mother, who is also into anime and manga... and this series had a lot of the things she likes, action with violence, and nice artwork.

Let's discuss here!

(Edited out the Japanese title because the inconvenient positioning of four letters in romanization censors it, as I figured.)

"cases in service for the queen" is this a mystery as well as action series? Was wondering if I should check it out...

This series is quite a bit better than you'd think and the artwork is fantastic on top of it. I would definatly recommend checking it out if you haven't done so already! The latest Japanese volume has Undertaker on the cover....

New Black Butler figure announced...but not made by SE.

myfigurecollection.net/item/115341

This company also has some Soul Eater statues in the work, including one that anyone who's watched the anime/read the manga will recognize.

myfigurecollection.net/item/115192

Please take note, SE, that people are asking for you to make some more figures for Soul Eater and BB other than just the meager Trading Arts!!!

I'm sorry, I just want a lil' clarification on something. Isn't Yen Press publishing this series in NA? Why is S-E advertising it?

That said, I've been reading this for a while now. I've lost track of how far the story has gone, but I'm trying to grab the manags as they come out ^^

Originally Posted by new_tradition

I'm sorry, I just want a lil' clarification on something. Isn't Yen Press publishing this series in NA? Why is S-E advertising it?

That said, I've been reading this for a while now. I've lost track of how far the story has gone, but I'm trying to grab the manags as they come out ^^

Black Butler, Soul Eater and others were originally published in SE manga anthologies in Japan and SE has all the rights to those series. (FMA included.) While SE's Gangan arm publishes their own Manga in Japan, they have no such publishers in North America or the rest of the world and other companies pick up the right to print and distribute these titles outside Japan. Yen Press has picked up a majority of SE's Manga titles but not all of them as Viz Media owns the publication rights to Fullmetal Alchemist. (The Japanese version of FMA manga has the Gangan label whereas those published for release here have the Viz logo.)

When it's all said and done SE still has all say over how and when these titles are released across the world: but I'm happy that they've kept the cover artwork and the like entact.

Hope this helps clear things up a little!

Japan gets all the cool stuff....via GFantasy Goodies....

Bathtime poster of Earl Phantomhive...

myfigurecollection.net/item/125128

Accompanied by Master Butler, looking smoldering as usual...<3

myfigurecollection.net/item/125129

Happy Halloween from Undertaker: www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-1...

A Luciela! How nice. ^_-

Merry Christmas

d-6th.com/blog/

Black Butler Musical Cast Photographed in Costume www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-0...

Ayame G?riki Plays All-New Master in Live-Action Black Butler www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-04...

Black Butler Film Casts Model Mizuki Yamamoto as New Maid www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-0...

Actress Yuka to Play Original Character in Black Butler Film www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-0...

Black Butler film casts model Louis Kurihara as undertaker (Anime News Network, Japan only)
    www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-0...

Black Butler

• Black Butler live-action film's new footage streamed (Anime News Network) – while the original manga is set in 19th century England, this new film is set more than 130 years later in 2020, in an Asian city where Western and Asian cultures freely intermingle.

Black Butler

Live-action Black Butler's story details revealed
    (Anime News Network)
    the staff of the live-action film based on Yana Toboso's Black Butler manga revealed more story details about the film and new stills on Thursday.

Happy Halloween with Black Butler!
    (Anime News Network)

Live-action Black Butler film's full trailer streamed
    – Absolute Boyfriend's Hiro Mizushima, Gatchaman's Ayame Gōriki star in January 18 film.

Happy New Year from Black Butler.

4 live-action Black Butler character videos posted
    (Anime News Network)
    ― Sebastian, Shiori, Hanae, Lin highlighted in videos for film opening on Saturday.

New Black Butler anime series green-lit
    (Anime News Network)
    ― the cover of the February issue of Square Enix's Monthly G Fantasy magazine is announcing on Saturday that production on a new anime series adapting Yana Toboso's Kurosuji (Black Butler) manga has been green-lit.

Happy Valentine's Day from Black Butler!

Sumitomo Mitsui introduces Black Butler Visa card
    (Anime News Network)
    ― with enrollment limited to 1,000, this special Visa card features an illustration of Sebastian Michaelis specially drawn by mangaka Yana Toboso, and is a special collaboration with the Black Butler II anime series.

So did they ever make a Black Butler game yet?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last