Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: START HERE: Guide to using the Technical Support Forum

START HERE: Guide to using the Technical Support Forum

Technical Support Guide

First and foremost, we’re sorry you’re experiencing trouble with Rise of the Tomb Raider or Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration. Following the instructions below will ensure we have all the information needed to get to the bottom of the issue.

For all customer service inquiries related to Rise of the Tomb Raider, please contact Square Enix Support (PC, PlayStation 4) or Xbox Support (Xbox One, Xbox 360). Customer support queries sent to Crystal Dynamics will be redirected to the appropriate channels.

This forum is primarily intended for users to share their experiences and help each-other to resolve problems. If you require support on your specific issue please use the support links below.

Troubleshoot via Xbox Support (Xbox One, Xbox 360)

Once on the support page, you’ll find several resources for troubleshooting your issue. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, click through to the “contact us” option. This will help us better track and work towards resolutions for any issues you may encounter.

Then, we suggest you choose one of the following contact options:

• Chat with Microsoft Support
    • Request a call from Support
    • Tweet @XboxSupport

Troubleshoot via Square Enix Support (PC, PlayStation 4)

Last edited by MeaganMarie; 10th Oct 2016 at 20:11.

Technical Support How-To

How to Access a Backup Save on Xbox

If as part of a bug workaround we ask you to access your backup save, here is how to do it:

• To access your backup save, press LT+RT after entering the Load Game screen from the main menu. This will change the loading interface to show available backup saves.
    • Backup saves are generated once you hit the first save point of a new major location in story progression. The backup save is generated in the backup save slot equivalent as the “original” save (example: Save 2 was used, so Save 2 on the backup save selector will contain the data).
    • Using the backup save will overwrite the original save and replace its data, and a UI message should pop up to warn you of this action. The backup save will remain in place until it is overwritten by a new backup.
    • Fast traveling to different areas will not replace the backup save as it is based on story progression. The backup save is updated after the player completes the main story and will not refresh after that point.
    Last edited by MeaganMarie; 26th Jan 2016 at 00:36.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Technical Support Guide

First and foremost, we’re sorry you’re experiencing trouble with Rise of the Tomb Raider. We’ll do our very best to sort out any issues as soon as possible. Following the instructions below will ensure we have all the information needed to get to the bottom of the issue.

Step 1: Please ensure your bug isn’t one of the following:

• A problem purchasing or downloading the game
    • A problem launching the game
    • A question or issue involving the purchase of DLC/virtual currency
    • A problem with code redemption

If you are experiencing one of the issues above, please skip immediately to step 4, as the Xbox Support site has many troubleshooting steps to help you resolve these issues.

Step 2: Please check the technical forum to ensure your issue hasn’t already been addressed. Checking the Bug Master List is a good place to start.

If you find a relevant thread on the bug you are encountering, and the issue is still marked as [Under Investigation], please weigh in on the thread with the following information:
    • What platform are you playing on – Xbox One or Xbox 360?
    • Are you playing via digital download or a physical disk?
    • Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes?
    • If main campaign, what chapter are you in?
    • If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously?
    • If expedition, what mode are you playing? Score Attack? Chapter Replay? Remnant Resistance?
    • If expedition, are you using specific cards relevant to the bug you encountered?
    • If expedition, where there specific challenges you activated when encountered the bug?

If at all possible, video or screenshots of the bug would be much appreciated.

Step 3: If there isn’t a relevant thread, create a new thread with using the below guide:

• Name the thread something very clear and informative
    • Please provide the following information:
    • What platform are you playing on – Xbox One or Xbox 360?
    • Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes?
    • If main campaign, what chapter are you in?
    • If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously?
    • If expedition, what mode are you playing? Score Attack? Chapter Replay? Remnant Resistance?
    • If expedition, are you using specific cards relevant to the bug you encountered?
    • If expedition, where there specific challenges you activated when encountered the bug?

Once we’ve reviewed and evaluated your issue, we’ll edit the thread title and mark the bug as:
    • [Resolved] This means we’ve been able to reproduce the bug and plan to address it in a future patch, or have detailed a workaround. Resolution notes from an official representative will be added to the very top of the original post.
    • [Under Investigation] We’re aware of the bug and are looking into a fix.

Step 4: Troubleshoot via Xbox Support

If you are experiencing one of the following issues, visit http://support.xbox.com and you will be redirected to a territory-specific support page:
    • Platform or console issues, such as network connectivity or Xbox Live
    • Store or Purchase issues for the game and/or DLC and virtual currency
    • Problems downloading the game and/or DLC
    • Code redemption problems

If you are experiencing a game issue, please visit one of the following as of 11/9/2015:

Once on the support page, you’ll find several resources for troubleshooting your issue. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, click through to the “contact us” option. This will help us better track and work towards resolutions for any issues you may encounter.

• Tweet @XboxSupport
    What happens if you resolve a bug, but your resolution is terrible? Is there a complaints procedure, i've looked at your contact us page there is nothing there but a link to xbox support.

Technical Support How-To

How to Access a Backup Save

If as part of a bug workaround we ask you to access your backup save, here is how to do it:

• To access your backup save, press LT+RT after entering the Load Game screen from the main menu. This will change the loading interface to show available backup saves.
    • Backup saves are generated once you hit the first save point of a new major location in story progression. The backup save is generated in the backup save slot equivalent as the “original” save (example: Save 2 was used, so Save 2 on the backup save selector will contain the data).
    • Using the backup save will overwrite the original save and replace its data, and a UI message should pop up to warn you of this action. The backup save will remain in place until it is overwritten by a new backup.
    • Fast traveling to different areas will not replace the backup save as it is based on story progression. The backup save is updated after the player completes the main story and will not refresh after that point.
    This is something everyone shoud know! It helped me getting out of a broke game glitch in ROTTR, thanks!

Heeelp
    New game disc for XBOX1
    Can only play offline. When install update says 100% then on home screen stuck on 0%.
    When try to launch just get blank screen.
    Really annoying. Spoke to Xbox chat they tried to help but finally passed me to you. Cant find anything on forum.
    This is my Xbox chat number 1319464301
    Annoyed please help urgently

Whole game freezes in the first minute of gameplay.

Hello,

I have contacted Xbox live and have gone though all the steps of trouble shotting and still no luck at all. Gamer Tag Somkedtuba4312 Xbox One (Orlando, Fl). The game is a digital copy.

I also uninstalled it and reinstalled and no luck at all.

The whole game freezes and restarts the Xbox 1 one.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Email: fadzzz15@hotmail.com

Thank You

^ the exact same thing is happening to me, it's been the same for at least a week now.

"One Way to do It" Achievement on Xbox One Downloaded Game

In new Endurance Mode under Expeditions, achievement will not unlock. Requirements are "Endurance Challenge: Warm up from freezing by standing in fire." Numerous gamers have tried every method - e.g. burning with lantern, fire arrows, in camp fire, etc. with challenge active. Challenge will not complete.

See http://www.trueachievements.com/a210...chievement.htm showing zero unlocked stat.

Please fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bklortz View Post
    "One Way to do It" Achievement on Xbox One Downloaded Game

In new Endurance Mode under Expeditions, achievement will not unlock. Requirements are "Endurance Challenge: Warm up from freezing by standing in fire." Numerous gamers have tried every method - e.g. burning with lantern, fire arrows, in camp fire, etc. with challenge active. Challenge will not complete.

See http://www.trueachievements.com/a210...chievement.htm showing zero unlocked stat.

Please fix.
    I confirm this problem, none of my friends is able to unlock this achievement. I tried everything possible, the challenge "One Way To Do it" seems to be bugged. Please, fix it soon.

hi im from mexico , and i read a news that says if i buy a laptop or a video card with geforce im gonna get a free copy of rise of tomb raider for pc , my brother and i buy two lenovo y50-70 , how we can reclaim our games , sorry for my english

I was very pleased with this game up until a point when I lost all my money, all my cards, the military rifle, the rope ascender, and attachments after finishing an expedition! I was playing chapter replay elite on hunting grounds, finished the mission, and got credits. As soon as I went back to my game I was missing gear, I left the game looked at my cards and I only had the ones from the pack I got after the expedition! And my back up save is 5 hours before where I'm at now.

I recently came across a glitch in the Mountain Peak portion of the game, where you swing Lara back and forth to trigger the avalanche cutscene but Lara won't swing high enough to latch into the ice, thus dies. I have never had this problem the several times I've played the game and it's keeping me from progressing

Hi,
    I have a problem with my controller, it's a thrustmaster dual analog 3...old ok but windows 10 recognized it well, so
    why can't i play with it in Rise of Tombraider? need i and xbox controller? thx
    s

Hello

When i was playing - game just crashed and error : as you can see in this picture came up ?
    Any Solution ? Thanks
    My System : Windows 10 - GPU : Nvidia Gtc980Ti - 16 Gb Ram - Intel I7 4790

hi guys rise of the tomb raider keeps crashing on me

I'm experiencing a bug on PC that quite a few people are getting on Steam. Wildlife spawn normally and frequently on the first play through of the game. But on any subsequent play throughs, no rabbits or deer spawn anywhere. So far I've had one single deer spawn in the beginning of the game in the Siberian wilderness area, and nowhere else. This makes completing the Baba Yaga DLC impossible, and makes upgrading equipment a chore because I have to rely on finding skins in boxes rather than just hunting. Can you please look into patching this?

I have just downloaded the latest patch for the windows store version of the game (Windows 10), and now have Stereoscopic 3D options in the menu. My monitor is a Acer XB270H. When I enable DXGI Stereoscopic 3D, no matter what refresh rate my desktop is set to, it changes the refresh rate to 144 Hz, and my monitor only supports 3D at 120 Hz. Please look into what is going on here, as I have eagerly awaited S3D, and played the last game almost entirely in this manner. My gpu is an Nvidia GTX980 and I'm on driver version 362. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Just started the Campaign on PC and the game has crashed three time in under an hour!

i7 6700k
    gtx 980ti
    16gb 2400ghz ram.

I'm seeing post from February about this issue on this thread, when I attempt to go through to the dedicated PC threads I getr bounced back here!

Any news on when this will be fixed would be nice.

Hey,

I have problem with PC steam version. Some achivements looks like bugged.

Glub Glub Glub:

l check some guides and try this achievement on Approaching Storm and Flooded arhives maps, on story mode, Score attack, Chapter replay and Elite Chapter replay. I do around 50 water finishers and achievement no update….

Renegade

Same like on Glub up. Trying on Soviet Installation and Soviet Gulag. Again on all modes: story mode, Score attack, Chapter replay and Elite Chapter replay. Again around 50 tryes on throw enemies off ledge. And again achivement isnt complete.

From my view must be PC version bug, because my friend on x-box have done all. And on my PC isnt work.

And last question. I found here list all achivements. http://www.xboxachievements.com/game.../achievements/ I have all achivement from Secret Achievements done. But my steam client still shoving 10 secret isnt complete. Here is screen. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o9ej2r&s=9#.VvkwFEfqJaQ This is next bug, or PC version have some bonus secret achivements??

Im not sure, if i post this post to right topic, but i hope than some developer find 5 minutes for a answer. Because I spend with tryes on this achivements 5 nights without result, because bug.

TY. Callisto.

Quote Originally Posted by CallistoF1 View Post
    And last question. I found here list all achivements. http://www.xboxachievements.com/game.../achievements/ I have all achivement from Secret Achievements done. But my steam client still shoving 10 secret isnt complete. Here is screen. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o9ej2r&s=9#.VvkwFEfqJaQ This is next bug, or PC version have some bonus secret achivements??
    Those 10 hidden achievements is for Cold Darkness Awakened DLC. They will appear after you install this DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGT-FFX View Post
    Those 10 hidden achievements is for Cold Darkness Awakened DLC. They will appear after you install this DLC.
    Oh ok, ty for info. And u have some experience about my bugged achivements. Now i try clean instalation steam and TR on another computer. But same result. Cant complete any of this two(

ok, I am having the following issue.
    Originally I was trying to continue the game the game got to the selection screen for continuing settings etc. then stutter and crash.
    I did the following T/S steps.
    reboot/restart of xbox one
    deleted my local save
    reinstalled game.
    deleted saves everywhere, at this point the game gets to the calibration screen, stutters and either freezes there or crashes.
    factory reset
    reinstall
    reinstall game on other storage drive.
    contacted Microsoft Xbox and they gave up as well. after asking for my network statistics data.
    at this point I am very irritated, I was at the point of the game where Jonah is take by helicopter
    I saved, turned off console, and when i got back to it, this issue occured.

Technical Support Guide

First and foremost, we’re sorry you’re experiencing trouble with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Following the instructions below will ensure we have all the information needed to get to the bottom of the issue.

For all customer service inquiries related to Rise of the Tomb Raider, please contact Square Enix Support (PC) or Xbox Support (Xbox One, Xbox 360). Customer support queries sent to Crystal Dynamics will be redirected to the appropriate channels.

This forum is primarily intended for users to share their experiences and help each-other to resolve problems. However, from now until March 1, representatives from Nixxes Software will be monitoring the forums to try to help you where possible. Please understand they will not be able to respond to every individual issue. If you require support on your specific issue please use the support links below.

Troubleshoot via Xbox Support (Xbox One, Xbox 360)

• Tweet @XboxSupport

Troubleshoot via Square Enix Support (PC)

I am encountering a bug in the PC version of ROTTR. This has happened at least 3 or 4 times when I downloaded the game. I'm playing the Single Player campaign and this bug happens when I pick up a journal/document entry for the third or fourth time. When I exit out of the entry, the game hits the black screen and stops. When I've played ROTTR a couple of yrs ago, I haven't experienced this bug. It's sad that this is ruining such a great game. Please let me know when this would be resolved.

Thank you for the guide. I no longer get any crashes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast