Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: Things you learn at the movies.

Things you learn at the movies.

Smile

I can't imagine it being the last Trek movie altogether. I thought it was just the last Trek movie for the Next Generation cast--and even that doesn't seem to be definite now.

True... but if they do make another TNG movie... they're gonna have to fill some pretty big gaps...

Stewart (Picard) left star trek, Data is dead, Riker and Troy are married and have their own ship (Riker is a captain now..). Worf was named.. ambasador? to the Klingon Empire... (but still manages to make it in the neighborhood of the enterprise... :/).

I think Geordi and Crusher (Beverly, Dr.) are the only ones who's left... Well... and B4/B-4 .. (the 'data' twin in nemesis)

Smile

Well, they could come up with some wacky movie plot where all the surviving (or willing) members of the cast have to come back together for a reason. And, it would be interesting to see what would happen with B4 (or B-4) in another film. And Patrick Stewart might be persuaded to, at least, make an appearance in another film. Or maybe not. Who knows...

I Hope he will make a return appearence.. Would be nice to see Picard again

Em.. I mean that it would be nice if Patrick Stewart can play Picard again... Would be nice to see him as Picard, after he 'left' the Star Trek world...

Big Grin

Pay the man big time! Wave a good-size chunk of money at him if he'll agree to appear in another Trek film. Money has a way of making people change their minds. LOL

Dunno... If it were true, you'd think Sahdam would've tried it by now

Big Grin

OK then, let me rephrase that: Money has a way of making celebrities change their minds.

Hehe. Celebs can never have too much money...

Ooh! How bout this for 'things you learn at the movies'

The bomb always stops when there's 1 second left (em.. that is, if they're trying to stop it... if its another one of those movies where someone plants a bomb as a terrorist act... then.. it would most likely go boom...)

Oooh! Things you learn at the movies: "The floors are sticky"

Big Grin

Things you learn at the movies:

1) Someone nine feet tall will always sit directly in front of you. If they come with a group of people, the individuals on either side of the person in front of you are at least seven to eight feet tall, too.

2) Buying popcorn and a small drink will require you to sell spare organs. You don't really need both kidneys...

3) Someone who would rather talk or make out with their girlfriend (or boyfriend) will always sit directly behind you. (Gotta love that nasty lip smacking noise.http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...vali/yucky.gif) If they aren't doing either of those things, they're usually rifling through the candy they bought from the concession stand (or brought in under their coat) that came in the noisiest bag.

4) Buying the movie ticket might also require sale of spare organs (coz you've got two lungs, too, y'know)--particularly if you intend to see a film after 6 PM.

5) The most intense moment in a film is the perfect time for somebody's baby to start crying...really loud.

I can never understand why they don't let us bring our own snacks... (well, I know why and all.. but still). You'd think they'd understand how expensive their snacks are.. its cheaper to bring our own snacks. You can get like a large bag of chips with a large bottle (dunno if you guys have these... 710ML Pepsi bottles) of Pepsi.. for like 4 bucks...

And 4 bucks at the movies is a regular soft drink.... tax not included....

#5.1) or someone making a cry for attention (refering to the 'class clowns' who always do something stupid at the most critical spots...

You saw spider-man right? Well.. incase you didn't...

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Well, that's why they don't let you bring your own snacks in: So they can charge ridiculous amounts of money at the concession stand, and you have to pay it or go hungry. I usually end up sneaking a little something in anyway.

me 2.....

a bigger wallet

I dont have that many big pockets.

But I usually just take a drink, so its not that bad... (ends up being tickets + 4 bucks for regular size drink (thank god free refils are only 50 cents more...)

I rely solely on the water fountain.

The drinks are already expensive and, considering most pop dispensers' success rates with getting the flavoring/carbonation ratio right (which they almost never do), I think I'd rather just save my money.

money isnt much of a problem for me. I get 708.00$ at the end of each month (if the last day of the month is on a weekend, I get it the previous friday...)

I was accepted for a disability pention due to my chemotherapy and the 15 pills I had to take for 3 years...

But I gotta give 100$/month to my uncle for my comp ... parents divorced.. suffice it to say our credit went down the hole... along with our credit cards, so my uncle offered the use of his credit card so I could buy a Dell (from their site...). It's actually 95$ but If I give him 100, I sorta finish paying it sooner... (well.. considering it would take what? 19 months for another '95$' ??

I also give my father 125$ a month for our Digital Cable, Normal Cable and Internet Cable.. (Odd, considering my dad or my sister watches more TV than I do, Surfs the net more than I do... I probably watch less TV in 6 months than they do in 1....).

But money is tight right now, and Its not like all my money is spent... I usually buy groceries too.. But what the heck. It would just sit in my bank account until I reach 5K (at which point, I would stop recieving some until I dont have 5K.. 5K is the limit..)

Saving some $$ to get myself a SB Audigy 2 SoundCard and a new set of 5.1 Speakers. ... I tried just a sound card but I had lots of interference with these speakers.. So I decided to save my money, buy new card and spearkers at same time, so if it doesnt work, I can return both of em (where as if I buy card one month, speakers the next... I won't be able to return the card... which would be like 200$ down the drain... and a brand new soundcard sitting at the back of my room....)

Gotta love all this responsible money is stuff
    (oh.. suffice it to say, this is all canadian dollars...)

PS: Dang There's what? 5 hours left for Hussein ? Even though he refused... I'm still hoping he'll break..... Oh.. And I don't agree with our PM (Prime Minister, aka Canada's 'President').. I want Canada to help you guys (though... we wouldnt be much help with our high tech army ).

I wasn't very happy with u guys going to war and all... (at first!).. But it hit me, Either We (well.. for the time... you...) go to war and stop hussein or We (you) back down and give him (Hussein) the time to strike first, killing lots of people (thats what I'd do.. I'd probably try to do as much damage as I can before its 'too late').

So, fear not! In my dreams, we're beside each other! (em.. as in, we're fighting along side one and other... (?) one an other?)

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567