Thread: Things you learn at the movies.

Things you learn at the movies.

No, Celebi is 251. I just noticed I made a mistake though. Mew is 151 and Mewtwo is 150, not the other way round. You get Mew and Celebi transferred at Pokémon conventions. Mewtwo can be caught before defeating the Kanto League. It doesn't require a masterball either.

now i know why i stopped playing...

following all these pokemon # gives me a head ache.

personally, i'd rather calculate pie.. (or is it spelled pi?) i dont know how to make the symbol on the computer..

I found omega (§Ù) in the character map system tool (in times new roman font) but I can't find pi(e) ... you'd think with all the symbols they'd have pi(e) ...

everyone (almost) knows what the pi(e) is..

Yeah it is spelt as pi. It is Greek which usually only shows up in Symbol font.

thanks.

I am deeply saddened this thread has become a discussion ground for Poke'mon, btw the new Poke'mon movie will be out in theaters soon, and the one after that is already being developed.

so that makes what? movie 3 with 4 in dev?

No there are 4 Pokémon movies with the 5th on in development.

oh.

Back to the original subject:

A gun is a better weapon than a brick for knocking down people, they'll fall down quicker and leave no stains on the carpets..

It is easy to put anyone into a deep sleep simply by tapping them firmly anywhere around the neck or head. They will fall soundlessly and not wake until you are gone. (unless it is the bad guy in the last scene of the movie when you will have to kill him at least 3 times before he won't get up again)

Big Grin

Citizens lying to the government is considered illegal (in most cases)..

Government lying to the citizens is considered pollitics..

Originally posted by mrdefender
    Citizens lying to the government is considered illegal (in most cases)..
    Government lying to the citizens is considered pollitics..
    Hey that statement does not belong in this film thread! It belongs in "Life's Little Ironies" coz it is the truth!

Alot of movies have it.. Well.. used to..

They're mostly military court movies...

How about replacing politics w/ Conspiracy? Same thing..

and you can't tell me consiracies have nothing to do with movies..

Sci-fi movies!

You didn't get my "joke". Throughout this thread we have been mocking about how the film industry has developed certain rules over time which contradicts with reality. However what you said earlier is a true reflection of reality, and so it is not really a move rule. On an exaggerated note, it is like saying most film will involve a scene in a car. Well that is not really a rule because it reflects reality where we do spend a certain amount of time in a car.

oh. True..

X-files related:

~ You can always count on Mulder to loose his gun..

~ You can expect Skully to ask "Where are you going Mulder?" atleast once every episode.

Uncatagorized:

~ When the bad guy's gun gets thrown across the room, it manages to be right next to the good guy..

~ Arnold Schertzchamacallit will always have a gun..
    (Or I never saw a arnold movie where he had no gun..)

Schwarzenegger had some films without guns:
    • Conan the Barbarian
      Conan the Destroyer
      Red Sonja
      Junior
      Jingle all the Way

forgot about junior, and jingle all the way.

but the first 2 (conan) he had a sword right?

So Out of X movies, only 2 of em had no weapons? Unless you count the doll in jingle all the way..

Well in Jingle All the Way he had a toy gun. I don't know if that counts or not. There was a fight scene at the end, where Arnie was the action hero.

worked in home alone 3

Home Alone 3 was pants. Utter pants.

i meant the part where he (the kid) spray painted his toy gun black which fooled the theif in thinking it was a real gun (while all along, the kid had the real gun).

How about: Overweight people never go to the beach, unless there is some kind of visual gag involved with their presence.

nop. that wont work either..

go see the new surfing movie.. well.. when it comes out..

theres an obese black dude wearing a very... em.. small bathing suit..

makes the star of the movie blush.

Alot, not all, movies will attempt to pass stuff by and make it stick...

The guy gets his right leg blown off and 2 seconds later he's hopping on his right leg with his left leg on his hand..

Or....

The girl gets a black eye on her left eye then she tries to coverup (makeup) her right eye...

etc...

There's one of these at the begining of saving private ryan (i think.. the movie that "forced" veterans to exit the theather due it is remarkable realism... (it was too much to handle))

Originally posted by mrdefender
    nop. that wont work either..

go see the new surfing movie.. well.. when it comes out..

theres an obese black dude wearing a very... em.. small bathing suit..

makes the star of the movie blush.
    I dunno...I would think putting an overweight person in a small bathing suit (and, thus, having the star of the movie blush) would sort of count as a visual gag. Movies don't really tend to put heavier people on the beach wearing adequate attire and then have people react to them normally...

Page 3 of 7 First First 1234567 Last