Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ending that most people actually picked?

Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    That's why I think, if they had shown us survivors, those who survive should have been based on our previous decisions. So the decisions made throughout the game, would have had at least somekind of an impact at the end. And the ending would have been more unique for each player and in every new playthrough.
    A part of me agrees with you. It would have allowed for greater replayability as we strive for the 'best' ending and it would have fulfilled the selling point of 'Multiple endings based on our choices'. On the other hand it would give the game a definitive 'best' ending. You'd have 'Sacrifice all the people you failed' or 'Sacrifice Chloe' reset option. By minimising the damage on 'Sacrifice Arcadia Bay' it would be an obviously easier option to accept. I believe the writers deliberately didn't want to do that. They didn't want us to be able to make it an easy choice.

Why the hell people talking about mass murderer? there is no evidence everybody died if you sacrificed arcadia bay... I chosed that ending too, david was in the dark room, "IF everybody die" there is no reason to arrest Jefferson option, there are animals in the ending if everybody "die" those animals should died too. plus BIG plus its a videogame..
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 28th Nov 2015 at 10:01.

I just finished the game a few days ago and saw an almost 50/50 split with a few points in favor of Sacrifice Chloe. I don't believe there was a right or wrong choice, just two gray choices with no happy ending.

I also believe that when time travel is involved, there is no "ending." Season 2, if there is one and it still involves the same characters, could very easily come back in time and say that both choices were wrong and didn't prevent anything and they still have to mess around with time until they get it right. We just don't have enough information about what happens after either ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah_X View Post
    I just finished the game a few days ago and saw an almost 50/50 split with a few points in favor of Sacrifice Chloe. I don't believe there was a right or wrong choice, just two gray choices with no happy ending.

I also believe that when time travel is involved, there is no "ending." Season 2, if there is one and it still involves the same characters, could very easily come back in time and say that both choices were wrong and didn't prevent anything and they still have to mess around with time until they get it right. We just don't have enough information about what happens after either ending.
    Dontnot confirmed If will be season 2 it will feature different characters/protagonist with different place... and that is the right decision, Yes season1 have no really ending and that's why I love... everybody can use their own imagination this type of games its very rare.I always hated over explained forced games.

I think that a new setting is the best idea. Max and Chloe had a beautiful story. Don't ruin it by milking it for all its worth.

I think that a new setting is the best idea. Max and Chloe had a beautiful story. Don't ruin it by milking it for all its worth.
    Exactly.. I agree, its very hard to make a sequel what is good like the "Original" was (just look today "AAA" games its laughable lol..).. heck sequels In both movie and games was never really good like the original was.

Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    Exactly.. I agree, its very hard to make a sequel what is good like the "Original" was (just look today "AAA" games its laughable lol..).. heck sequels In both movie and games was never really good like the original was.
    It can be done, but obviously won't please everyone. I think the key to a good sequel is to expand on the ideas from the original, but without trying too hard to top it. There have been tons of great sequels, even nowadays.

I could see a LiS sequel being very great if they decide to keep the same themes, but exploring different characters. Just add some more meaningful choices and more endings instead of basing it all on the final choice. Witcher 3 for example, whether you like the game or not, had more endings based on less choices and didn't even have a "final choice." However, I wouldn't want them to try too hard to top the story of the first by making it bigger or more epic like many developers do. Just keep the same humble story of friendship and relationships with some hints at bigger, world-ending sci-fi events and it will be good.

It can be done, but obviously won't please everyone. I think the key to a good sequel is to expand on the ideas from the original, but without trying too hard to top it. There have been tons of great sequels, even nowadays.

I could see a LiS sequel being very great if they decide to keep the same themes, but exploring different characters. Just add some more meaningful choices and more endings instead of basing it all on the final choice. Witcher 3 for example, whether you like the game or not, had more endings based on less choices and didn't even have a "final choice." However, I wouldn't want them to try too hard to top the story of the first by making it bigger or more epic like many developers do. Just keep the same humble story of friendship and relationships with some hints at bigger, world-ending sci-fi events and it will be good.
    I would live even without the world-ending events here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12