Thread: Regarding using Sprites from Secret of Mana

Regarding using Sprites from Secret of Mana

I have desparately been looking for a way to contact Square Enix directly but have not found a way to do it. I have recently gotten into game development and although my progamming skills are alright my ability to draw sprites is rather weak. I would like to know if i can use some of the sprites from secret of mana as a guideline for making some sprites of my own. The actual sprites that i have made look quite different to the secret of mana sprites that I have initially used as a guideline. But if you were to put the two sprites next to each other, you can see the similarities. I am hoping that at some point in the future, this game may be used for commercial reasons and I just want to check that I won't be sued. I am assuming that if i don't get a response from someone from Square Enix within a week then it is ok to continue with using these sprites. Just to confirm I have tried to speak to someone from Square Enix directly, but after spending some time searching through the website and even looking on facebook, I simply cannot find a way. I look forward to the response and I am happy to show the sprites that I plan to use in my game.

Licensing
    Please direct licensing inquiries related to all Square Enix properties to na.licensing@square-enix.com. Due to the volume of inquiries received, please note that we may not be able to respond directly to each inquiry. Additionally, requests for YouTube and other website usage permissions will not be addressed via this email address. Thank you for your understanding.

I have desparately been looking for a way to contact Square Enix directly but have not found a way to do it. I have recently gotten into game development and although my progamming skills are alright my ability to draw sprites is rather weak. I would like to know if i can use some of the sprites from secret of mana as a guideline for making some sprites of my own. The actual sprites that i have made look quite different to the secret of mana sprites that I have initially used as a guideline. But if you were to put the two sprites next to each other, you can see the similarities. I am hoping that at some point in the future, this game may be used for commercial reasons and I just want to check that I won't be sued. I am assuming that if i don't get a response from someone from Square Enix within a week then it is ok to continue with using these sprites. Just to confirm I have tried to speak to someone from Square Enix directly, but after spending some time searching through the website and even looking on facebook, I simply cannot find a way. I look forward to the response and I am happy to show the sprites that I plan to use in my game.

Extra note, I tried creating a thread of this but it wasn't letting me do that either, so I am putting this on a different thread that seems to be pretty pop