Thread: I don't think that Max and Chloe are lesbians. (SPOILERS)

I don't think that Max and Chloe are lesbians. (SPOILERS)

I see much people seeing both as a romantic/sexually couple, (even i did see the fan-ending in with both will married) and in my vision it's not like that. I don't see the kiss as a signal of they like each other romantic or sexually. In the end of everything (the tornado), i see it as a sign that they love each other really too much, they kisses to express that both forever will be together. As best friends, and almost sisters you can say. Both trues each other with all of her will. For both, the other is almost everything. True friendship and true love.

It's similar than the Telma and Louise post that i created before, (even Frank names the film in the game). In the end of all, both are a little crazy for the situation and do that, to demostrate what i say. It's normal, you have a tornado in front of you. If you are Chloe, you will die, and if you Are Max, you will left your best friend die...

Still, in the game everyone can decide all on this, you can kiss Chloe in chapter 3 where no tornado is in, but Chloe it's much surprised and even scared, a little. I think it's another proof of what i say.

Anyway, this it's only my personal opinion, of course. Anyone can think that he want, but i did think that i did should write this, triying to clarify what i see.
    Last edited by Arcadiagamer; 27th Oct 2015 at 11:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadiagamer View Post
    I see much people seeing both as a romantic couple, (even i did see the fan-ending in with both will married) and in my vision it's not like that. I don't see the kiss as a signal of they like each other romantic or sesually. In the end of everything (the tornado), i see it as a sign that they love each other really too much, they kisses to express that both forever will be together. As best friends, and almost sisters you can say. Both trues each other with all of her will. For both, the other is almost everything. True friendship.

It's similar than the Telma and Louise post that i created before, (even Frank names the film in the game). In the end of all, both are a little crazy for the situation and do that, to demostrate what i say. It's normal, you have a tornado in front of you. If you are Chloe, you will die, and if you Are Max, you will left your best friend die...

Still, in the game everyone can decide all on this, you can kiss Chloe in chapter 3 where no tornado is in, but Chloe it's much surprised and even scared, a little. I think it's another proof of what i say.

Anyway, this it's only my personal opinion, of course. Anyone can think that he want, but i did think that i did should write this, triying to clarify what happen, or what i see.
    I see you constructed you view quite well here.

This is like saying I shared a bed with a male friend of mine during me mid / late teens that would automatically him my boyfriend... but if that would happen I would have to consent to it first then he would have to, so it would be between the two us.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

It really depends on how you play the game. You might as well Go Ape with Warren, never kiss Chloe and get rid of her at the end because an annoying friend from childhood isn't worth an entire town.
    I play the game as if Max is genuinely in love with Chloe and in my head post-ending events include lots of lesbian sex.

I'm glad that you like the post KristaD.

I'm glad that you like the post KristaD.
    Your most welcome, I like people that are able to explain themselves.

I do share your view that they are not lesbian, but to me, from the perspective of an asexual they might be deeply in love and even pursue an lasting relationship without any sex or that lesbian label. But it could just be wishful thinking on my part and a reflection on my on expectations for a relationship. Bias everywhere! (add picture of Buzz Lightyear and Woody here)
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

I see much people seeing both as a romantic/sexually couple, (even i did see the fan-ending in with both will married) and in my vision it's not like that. I don't see the kiss as a signal of they like each other romantic or sexually. In the end of everything (the tornado), i see it as a sign that they love each other really too much, they kisses to express that both forever will be together. As best friends, and almost sisters you can say. Both trues each other with all of her will. For both, the other is almost everything. True friendship.

Anyway, this it's only my personal opinion, of course. Anyone can think that he want, but i did think that i did should write this, triying to clarify what i see.
    I see your points, but the good thing is, that it all is up to the player. It's completely your choice and thats ok.

Just to qualify your statement in the headline, consider a couple things, like:

• Max maybe never had a relationship before due to her shyness
    • she seems to be unsure yet about her sexuality
    • she has the choice to either friendzone or hook up with Warren
    • she has the choice to kiss or not to kiss Chloe which leads to an intimate kissing scene in the end in case she does
    • Chloe had probably several relationships before
    • the posters in her room suggest that she at least may crush on girls more like straight girls would
    • chances are that she even had a romatic relationship with Rachel, who knows? (i mean, Rachel was her BAE)

So there's everything open: lesbian Max, straight Max or even asexual Max (wait, bi-Max isn't possible, right?).

About the kissing scenes:

Chloe's reaction in EP3 is most likely not because she's surprised that she's been kissed by a girl but she's surprised that Max got over her shyness and simply kissed her - she just didn't expect it because she thought she knew Max, who later wrote in her diary that it wasn't a big deal for her (and it seems that she enjoyed it!).
    There are some hints that suggest they might get involved in case you chose to kiss Chloe, like Warrens text "Your friend Chloe texted me that i'm out of the loop now".
    The kiss in the end scene doesn't look like a simple "kissing goodbye", it's intimate, it's kissing her loved one, her all and everything goodbye. I only missed a long and warm hug after that (Hey, even Warren got one from me and chances are that he survived! Well ok, in this end anyway...). I mean, kissing your best friend like that would be more inappropriate - i'd hug them like... forever instead.
    Last edited by codemasher; 26th Oct 2015 at 23:38.

Well, all of you people have did write good points too. In the end, i suposse that yes, it's like one did play the game/want to see it.

I remember now that Max and Chloe likes Jefferson too before they knew the truth. (It's not determinant in the matter but even so i did interesting post it too.)

About the kiss, i see it like in the Telma and Louise film, (Friendship whas the main theme of the film)when one it's facing a extreme/crazyness situation (or others situations), can do unexpected things, due to feelings and other emotions, etc, but that it's only my way to see the scene like i say.

By the way, where it's shown Max unsure about her sexuality? I in my second gameplay and i'll try to see it.
    Last edited by Arcadiagamer; 26th Oct 2015 at 23:42.

By the way, where it's shown Max unsure about her sexuality?
    Well, it's not shown, it just seems so, given the choices she has and some of her diary entrys at least suggest that. (i HELLA love suggestive things NO EMOJI!)

I will try to see that, thanks.

Her relationship with Chloe reminded me in some ways of Will Graham's relationship with Hannibal or Frodo's relationship with Sam. While questionable at times, it wasn't necessarily romantic or sexual, but it ran much deeper than usual friendships do. The mental connection between the two transcended the boundaries that friendships often naturally impose on one another. I'm not convinced that Max or Chloe are gay, I just think the kiss was her way of showing us how much she loved Chloe. It felt like more of a spiritual attraction than a physical one.
    Last edited by iReturnVideotapes; 27th Oct 2015 at 13:33.

Yes, something like that more or less it's that i want to say.

http://femhype.com/2015/10/27/hella-...fe-is-strange/ (so i was at least pretty much right about chloe! NO EMOJI!)

Ashly: Life Is Strange is very much about choice, and I think the devs wanted players to be able to decide the nature of Max and Chloe’s relationship. But again, the lovely thing about the game is that the subject of queerness is present regardless of how you choose to shape Max and Chloe’s relationship, and I think it does a wonderful job of normalizing and supporting any choice you choose to make.
    Last edited by codemasher; 28th Oct 2015 at 01:05.

Interesting interview, thanks.

LOL am I the only one who found this out and count 1+1 together?

Michel Koch from Co-Game Director and Art Director twitter few days ago this

Michel Koch ‏@DONTNOD_Michel 26. Okt. Vernon, CA

True detective season2! @ Vernon, California https://instagram.com/p/9T_6rgy6He/
    https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...26329265868800

And now the voice actor from Chloe said this:

Sloane: Ashly, I just want to thank you so much for doing this interview, and one last question—what do you imagine Max and Chloe doing after they leave Arcadia Bay in the “Sacrifice Arcadia Bay” ending? And do you think Chloe would have sacrificed Arcadia Bay for Max?

Ashly: I imagine them going to California and camping along the PCH for a while. Then going somewhere remote, maybe a town in the midwest or something. And yeah, if presented with that choice, I think Chloe would. I think Max would have to convince her not to.

http://femhype.com/2015/10/27/hella-...fe-is-strange/
    It's from the Interview Voice Actor Chloe

What the ...?! Is it a hint or am I just a derp?
    I can't be the only one right?

I'm almost sure that soon or lather they will something, the game have much sucess and people it's talking about it.