Thread: A happier ending than you think.

Smile A happier ending than you think.

The damage caused by the tornado was closer to an ef2 to ef3 tornado. Some buildings were still intact when Chloe and Max drove through Arcadia Bay. but assuming that the tornado was as monstrous as it was portrayed in max's visions, the tornado wouldn't demolish the whole town. It might demolish half the town if it was lucky. Look up helicopter shots of tornado damage and you'll see how tornado damage is very focused in some areas but not in others.

With all this being said. Before the storm destroys Arcadia Bay, and while Chloe and Max head to the Lighthouse, David picks up Joyce, along with Warren from the diner. (yes, Warren is probably still in the diner in the new reality that was created when Chloe was stopped from going into the party, because nothing was done to stop warren from going there.) David doesn't pick up frank because he probably doesn't trust him.
    David brings them to the Dark room, because it's an excellent storm shelter that we know he found when he brought the police to confront Jefferson in his bunker.

There's no way the tornado would kill everyone. Some people are stupid and get themselves killed, and some by accident, but others are smart and it helps them stay alive. We can't let the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending lead us to believe that the tornado was like an atom bomb that wiped out the whole town. Tornadoes are destructive and deadly, but not Armageddon.

I have some story-writing abilities and was thinking of writing a fan-fiction ending to the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending, but I don't have the time.

I agree. But in the end, we don't know. We are not told.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    I agree. But in the end, we don't know. We are not told.
    I bet that we aren't told because they didn't have enough funds to do it. But many movies, games, tv shows, and books give open endings for people's imaginations to take over

Actually, before they go to the lighthouse (or after the nightmare), if you check Max's phone, she texts Warren three times and three times it is shown: "Message not delivered". Awful to say, but if you don't sacrifice Chloe, Warren is dead (for sure, others might be as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Actually, before they go to the lighthouse (or after the nightmare), if you check Max's phone, she texts Warren three times and three times it is shown: "Message not delivered". Awful to say, but if you don't sacrifice Chloe, Warren is dead (for sure, others might be as well).
    Message not delivered? doesn't that happen when you don't get service?

Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    Message not delivered? doesn't that happen when you don't get service?
    Yep, it just means that the network is down, which is not surprising since the local antennas must be the first structures that the storm destroyed.

And indeed, it seems that the tornado was at its most powerful over water and near the shore, where it could throw missiles like fishing boats and eventually some cars, but the damage to the town seems partial - even the Two Whales is still more or less standing the next day, though it didn't seem to be build of reinforced concrete. Maybe the tornado somewhat bypassed the city instead of running right through it. Anyway, this ending lets lots of questions open, mostly regarding who survived and who didn't.

My personnal bet is that among the main characters at least Kate survived, since the hospital could possibly be evacuated, and in any case would have been built of reinforced concrete, standing a much better chance than the Two Whales.

Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    I bet that we aren't told because they didn't have enough funds to do it. But many movies, games, tv shows, and books give open endings for people's imaginations to take over
    Of course, I don't have anything against open endings but I can't do that with Sacrifice Arcadia Bay. It's to hard for me.
    While you can do that with Sacrifice Chloe there is a lot of headroom to use your own imagination, I can write a book about that. LMAO 'cause this ending just shows and answers some of your question either.

And doesn't it mean that the phone to which we are trying to send the message isn't available or functional? I don't know, I am just asking.

The creator did say that all people of Arcadia die in this ending, right? And i think that Chloe's mother die too because (as a argumental resource), Chloe says in the lighthouse that se don't want that her mother die like that, she's not deserve that, and for that and the others, Max should restore all to the original timeline.

I think that the end it's made bad and fast, why not Max (or her replacement)move all the people on Arcadia to the lighthouse too knowing that in it they are all safe?

Anyway, i think it's great that anyone can have his opinion about the two ends. One can think that people survive or not and there is not problem on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadiagamer View Post
    The creator did say that all people of Arcadia die in this ending, right?
    It's never said in the game nor was it stated by the devs (at least AFAIK) that all people died. But as no survivors are shown, we must assume that everyone died. Which IMO is stupid. There should be at least a few survivors. This is one of the problems I have with the ending. There should be survivors and they should have shown us a few survivors.

Look this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstran...f_the_endings/

He says "you sacrifice everyone", well he can say that in a not literal way, but still.

Okay. I see. So everyone is supposed to be dead officially. I still think this is stupid. Some people could hide in shelters or in their cellars. Some could have made it out before the storm hit the town with full force. It took some time until the storm hit the town.

I can accept that maybe half the population of the town died (which still would be tragic and sad) but I simply cannot believe everyone is dead. That just sounds too unrealistic to me (yeah I know it's a game in which the main protagonist can rewind time. But still, I find this somehwat unbelievable). The ending would have been so much better, if at least some people managed to survive, if we made some "right" decisions.

I don't like the ending neither, and you are right, if at least the decisions count...

I agree that there were survivors....there were no indication there were, and no indication there weren't. Its up to your interpretation. Judging from the structural damage, compared to photos from small midwest towns wiped out by tornados, the LIS storm looked very survivable. As such, I think that choice of ending was a 'happy ending'. You get your best friend/lover, people surive, rebuild or start new lives elsewhere. The town was already on a path to destruction before Max's involvement from the Prescott greed. A town destroyed by tornado or a ghost town ruined by poor economy and environment....take your pick.

Even if eveyrone died in this storm, I still see this ending as the right one for me, given the choices I made in the game.

Why is Max resonspible for other people? Natural distasters are a part of life, be it a tornado, hurricane, tsunami, whatever. Is it her fault that the people didn't take precautions despite numerous obvious ominous warnings? Why is she responsible for their inaction? To think that she 'caused' the storm is more of her own misplaced self guilt making her think she is.

True a spark can start a forest fire, which may have been from a carless mistake by someone, but we are responsible for doing what is required to get ourselves of harms way, are we not?

Cheers
    Last edited by pilottjLIS; 26th Oct 2015 at 00:11.

I'm sorry, don't take this offensively Michel Koch, but the notion that a tornado killed everyone is ludicrous. Nowhere in history do we see a tornado with a 100% casualty rate in a town. The deadliest ever tornado recorded in history was Daulatpur–Saturia and that didn't even come close to killing everyone. A better plot device than a "Supernatural" tornado would be a nuclear bomb. A "Supernatural" tornado feels contrived.

Probably because a tornado looks ominous, it moves slowly, so they could do the tension build up. A Tsunami would have been more accurate to the region, with coastal Oregon being along of the ring of fire. If you remember the kind of damage the Japan Tsunami from the Sendai earthquake did a few years ago, it is totally plausable a Tsunami could/would wipe out the entire town.

I suppose a Tsunami would not be as visually dramatic as the tornado.

Cheers

Yes, it is official. And yes, this is stupid. So yes, this game is officially stupid.

After all, in whole town only two people was smart enough to make it to the light house.

I think whether or not "everybody" dies, the meaning behind the choice is deeper than logical reasoning over how bad a tornado could potentially be.

The choice that I read was "what is most important to you? Chloe or the all of the other people you connected with through the game." I don't consider there to be a right or wrong answer here, but at the same time, I wouldn't try to justify the SAB ending by saying that there were probably lots of survivors. Let's just assume here that choosing Chloe means losing Joyce, Warren, Victoria, Kate (if she was still alive), friends and faculty from Blackwell, and possibly David if he ever came out of the Dark Room. Maybe there were survivors, maybe there weren't. I still feel like it's a copout to try and reason that you save Chloe and all of Max's other friends get to live because "I used my imagination and decided that only nameless filler and incidental characters were killed in the storm"