Thread: "Real" Arcadia Bay

"Real" Arcadia Bay

I know, Arcadia Bay isn't a real town. It's completely made up by the developers of the game. Nevertheless I thought it would be fun to use "Google Earth" and look for real Oregon coastal towns which resemble Aracdia Bay a little bit.

Then I stumbled across the town of "Port Orford". I think the layout and size of the town are comparable to Arcadia Bay a little bit. And then I noticed a funny coincidence. There seems to be an Art Gallery in "Jefferson Street". I know it's probably named after Thomas Jefferson (and definitely not after Mark Jefferson). But nevertheless it's funny to see a gallery in a Jefferson street in a small Oregon coastal town.

I think I read a post once where people collected info on the inspirations for Arcadia Bay.
    If I remember correctly, the coordinates from Episode 4 translated into the middle of Tillamook Bay, Oregon.
    It's quite fun to look around there and see where they got their inspiration from.

The Cape Meares Lighthouse right next to Tillamook Bay seems to be a beautiful spot, too. In general, I'd love to visit the area. The coast seems very idyllic.

They probably combined a few real places (or took inspiration from them) to create Aracdia Bay.

I would recommend just for you Michel Koch's Twitter (writer of LiS), there are some neat photos from his "LiS trip".

I love the photos they've taken during their "Life is Strange Road Trip".

So, this picture was aparently taken in Newport, Oregon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRGkl97UsAApxGN.jpg:large

Looks indeed a lot like "Arcadia Bay". From what I've seen in "Google Earth", Newport could as well have been an inspiration for Aracdia Bay (albeit it seems to be larger than in-game AB). But like I said, they probably combined several real places to create AB.

And there's even an "Arcadia Beach" in Orgeon? I'm astonished.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQmz7abU8AA9P5U.jpg:large

Oh, nice landscape. Maybe it's time to plan to some traveling... Kinda reminds of my home town and it's surroundings.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

I don't know if any of you have seen the movie "Horns" with Daniel Radcliffe, but the town that films takes place in is the spitting image of Arcadia Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by iReturnVideotapes View Post
    I don't know if any of you have seen the movie "Horns" with Daniel Radcliffe, but the town that films takes place in is the spitting image of Arcadia Bay.
    I havn't seen it, but maybe I should for the simple reason Daniel isn't bad looking if nothing else.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

There is a "real" Arcadia Bay, Oregon. But it's not a town. It's just the name of one of the beaches along the Oregon Coast

I think it's usually called Arcadia "Beach" though as opposed to Arcadia "Bay"
    "If you come with me, NOTHING will ever be the same again." - The Doctor