Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tornado confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    NO! I CAN'T! Actually, I am curious how we could save Rachel. Max can go only to the photos where she is present.
    With a letter. She goes back to one of her photos of her childhood, writes a letter that is meant to be sent to Chloe at a certain time. Think of Back to the Future and Doc's letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    With a letter. She goes back to one of her photos of her childhood, writes a letter that is meant to be sent to Chloe at a certain time. Think of Back to the Future and Doc's letter.
    That's just what I was going to say. There was a holiday photograph she sent to Chloe but I can't remember if that was the other timeline or not. If it was the correct timeline then she could go back to that moment and write a letter to go with the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by PalatineKatinka View Post
    Yep. She doesn't even set things back to how they were since originally she stepped out and reached forward, accidentally triggering her rewind, now she sits in a corner and cries. Plus she hasn't undone the rewinds she performed in class. Also, I think it was Valdyr over on the Steam forums that pointed this out, as soon as future-Max leaves the moment of the photo, past-Max will take over again and surely she'll just rewind anyway since that's what we had to do, it's what Max of that time would do and she doesn't know yet to let Chloe die.

Choosing that option made no sense to me anyway after all the times Max has said Chloe is her number one priority, she'll always have her back, she'll never leave her and that she believes her destiny was to be there to save Chloe. Going back and not saving her goes against everything I know about what Max believes and wants.
    I actually think that in the end (in the bathroom) "Our Max" (so the Max we played the whole game with and who remembers everything) replaces the "Auto Max" of the original timeline (the timeline where things happen how they were supposed to happen, so no timetravel). Normally Our Max would go back to the timeline from where she jumped in the photo after altering the past, but that's no longer possible in this case. Chloe gets shot. She dies. Max doesn't use her powers to alter the past, which means no alternate timelines are created. I think when Chloe gets killed in the bathroom, it means all those other timelines get 'destroyed', since Max doesn't use her powers and doesn't create alternate timelines. And if there are no alternate timelines, Our Max can't jump back anymore after letting Chloe die in the bathroom (because if Chloe dies the way she was supposed to, the storm won't happen, etc). This means Our Max is just 'stuck' in the original timeline, including all her memories. So Our Max replaces 'original timeline Auto Max'.

Could be I'm wrong, but this is how I saw it haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12