Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended ending/additional content for Life is Strange change.org petition

Extended ending/additional content for Life is Strange change.org petition

To all of you freinds from Life is Strange pls sign up the petition for a better ending of Life is Strange. We need you to finaly polish the game and bring it to a new lvl.

Link: https://www.change.org/p/dontnod-ent...ter_responsive

Don´t discuss simply sign!!

The reason for the petition:

I am a fan of Life is Strange™ who just wants to see the game live on.

What is Life is Strange™? Life is Strange is a five part, episodic adventure game by DONTNOD Entertainment. The game features a beautifully written story, enthralling characters and the ability to rewind time to change your actions.

For more information about the game, click here. Click here to watch the official episode one trailer.

The game's fifth and final episode released worldwide on October 20th, 2015 and left a lot of questions unanswered. Nearly all of the characters, major and minor, had no closure whatsoever. Also, most of the cast was barely present for episode 5 at all!

In addition to this, one of the game's two endings is six minutes shorter than the other and feels incredibly rushed. In a game based around player choice and consequence, it is a shame that one group of players gets a lesser experience in the end for making the choices they made. We understand that this is partly due to budget and we believe that if DONTNOD had the proper funding, this version of the ending to Life is Strange™ could be accomplished as it was meant to be.

How can DONTNOD bring real closure to this amazing series and flesh out the endings? There are two options that we believe would suffice. The first is a complete rewrite of both endings with extended cutscenes, additional audio, greater detail and a deeper glimpse into the future.
    The second is an epilogue, keeping the current endings as they are but giving us an additional scene or two to play at the end. The epilogue could be set weeks, months or even a couple years into the future. We want to see where life will take our beloved characters and how they are coping with the actions that occurred in each ending.

Finally, we want our choices to really matter! We want the decisions we made to impact the events of the epilogue or endings in major ways. We've grown so attached to these characters that we want to see how their lives are after that fateful October week, how we affected them, how they've changed and whether they've changed at all.

How can an epilogue be funded if DONTNOD was already having budget problems for the fifth episode? Well, crowdfunding of course! A crowdfunding site like Kickstarter would be the perfect way for DONTNOD to continue the series. There is a demand, and there are passionate players willing to contribute to a fundraiser for at least one more visit to Arcadia Bay.

If you are willing to support such a goal and are willing to help fund a Kickstarter campaign, please, sign this petition so we can show DONTNOD that we still support them! With enough voices, we can make a difference.

DONTNOD, if you are reading this, regardless of what you end up choosing, we all want to say THANK YOU! Thank you for the incredible experiences we've shared in Arcadia Bay. We're all holding our breath that we may one day find ourselves there again.

Your choice count!

I signed up for it already. I hope they will polish it how they really to wanted be.

/signed

I also did promote the petition with 10 bucks. :-)

Wow. Last time I cehecked the petition yesterday, around 650 people signed. Now it's already at 1761.

Yes that is sick right? Every 5-10 Minutes I checked the site there are 20-50+ more signs.
    And now over 1800 signs amazing I get chills all over!

Any idea how many signatures a petition like this needs in order to be taken seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    Any idea how many signatures a petition like this needs in order to be taken seriously?
    This is also my question. I hope not toooooo much that it will be impossible. I mean like 1 million signers xD.
    Maybe the petition owner you started it can tell.
    Last edited by CrystalXPredator; 24th Oct 2015 at 12:56.

I realy have no idear...I think 10-20k? Too less...?? sadly the money you give to the petition dont count for dontnod but If they see there are arround 20k ppl who maybe are willing to back such a project and they got only 1$ per person they got 20k for only polish the ending!? Better more.

I know it´s not compareable (in no way) but look at this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ned/battletech

30k ppl bring (with paypal) arround 2.000.000 $ for a whole new game

Sadly in the very last dontnod / square enix can ignore us completle if they want...no matter how much we will pay for it...

I wonder if putting this on twitter with the proper hashtags would have any impact? It might get the attention of some bigger players or even the devs?

Maybe, but I dont use Twitter or Facebook or something like that...I am kind of an anachronistic being This step others have to do but like Kate say´s ...Its called web bcs. you cant get out of it... the chance someone reach the big players only groth with more action behind the scene

Now there are already 2660 supporters. I didn't expect so much support in this time.

Whoa, i didn't know that my idea/sugestion of a petition online would have sucess. Glad to read it and thanks for create it. This game deserves much more.

Arround 3200 supporter looks good so far for "only" a game petition.

24. Okt. 2015 — 2500 supporters in just over 24 hours?! I am completely taken aback by the overwhelming support that's been flooding in since I started this petition yesterday. I knew I was part of a great community but I didn't know how great until now. Can we reach 5000? I think so! Keep sharing this everywhere!

Also, I've toyed with an idea for a little while now. How many of you would write a handwritten letter to DONTNOD and mail it to me? I'll tally as many letters as I can while this petition is up and once we've hit our goal (which has yet to be decided), I'll mail a huge box of amazing letters along with the petition straight to DONTNOD in France. If this is something you're interested in, please send me a message on my profile here on Change.org. Once I have it planned out I'll reach out to you all with my mailing address and more information about what to write.

Thanks again for helping this petition grow and showing me the passion of the Life is Strange community!
    Now we go to the next stage *g* write a letter

Good idea!

This is incredible. I am almost speechless. This is also a nice idea I would handwritten letter and mail it to him.

Signed

I think we should send those petitions to square-enix too.

4700 signatures. Taking into account that people have to fill their names and email address, it's quite a lot. I'd like to think that this shows passion for the game and is not an assault to devs, like some say.

Who thinks it's an assault to the devs does not understand the intent of the petition.

4700 signatures. Taking into account that people have to fill their names and email address, it's quite a lot. I'd like to think that this shows passion for the game and is not an assault to devs, like some say.
    Realy some people say it´s an assault? I think they never read the petition. Down to the roots the petition say´s "you state you run out of time and money, no problem we give it to you if you start a kickstarter"

In this way I will realy enjoy an assault. You are out ot money...here take this...and this...and this

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Realy some people say it´s an assault? I think they never read the petition. Down to the roots the petition say´s "you state you run out of time and money, no problem we give it to you if you start a kickstarter"

In this way I will realy enjoy an assault. You are out ot money...here take this...and this...and this
    That's the way I hope they look at it. It shows there's quite a lot of passion for the game. When people are prepared to pay you extra over and above what they are required to for the game just to see a satisfactory ending, I'd say that's a pretty good indication of success. Developers can only dream of being in a position like this. And to think this is only their second game.

Developers can only dream of being in a position like this. And to think this is only their second game.
    Crossing fingers that they realize it and start to make money! Realy crossing fingers!

It just passed the 5000 mark.

But in the end, it's highly likely that they don't even acknowledge this. Which is sad.

I think they dont realize what this petition is, an honor for them. Noone blame them for that. Run out of time and money in her business isn´t a shame, realy. There are about 5000 ppl who stands behind Dontnod and are willing to spend more money for such a trivial thing like a Game. Realy we dont rescue some refugees or bring foot to the 3rd World...5k ppl think its worthing to polish the end of a game and are willing to be part of it with their hard earned money.

Maybe for me only I think that is the "Medal of Honor" for Developers there is no higher award out there than ppl who unsolicited throw their money in your way if you simple make it possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast