Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extended ending/additional content for Life is Strange change.org petition

I will see it in the end too, so it can make my experience worse.
    Why that? Play another path and you will see the ending you want to see. It´s allerady in and noone force you to take a good path or made a decision you dont want. But for all others arround here they cant made another choice bcs. the game didn´t allow it. You are simply in a streangth position bcs. the game give´s you what you want. This game is about choices and with that you alter the story, not only identify you with the charakter. If it´s not, I simply can see some let´s plays or a film but dont play a game, at least it´s a game not a film or a book. Episode 5 looks like a film (and a bad writen story) the parts 1 to 4 are far more than that.

But I see we both had complete different expectations about this (a) game.

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Why that? Play another path and you will see the ending you want to see. It´s allerady in and noone force you to take a good path or made a decision you dont want. But for all others arround here they cant made another choice bcs. the game didn´t allow it. You are simply in a streangth position bcs. the game give´s you what you want. This game is about choices and with that you alter the story, not only identify you with the charakter. If it´s not, I simply can see some let´s plays or a film but dont play a game, at least it´s a game not a film or a book. Episode 5 looks like a film (and a bad writen story) the parts 1 to 4 are far more than that.

But I see we both had complete different expectations about this (a) game.
    Choices were one of the most interesting things and thanks to them I bought LiS. And the experience the choices make are strong enough for me that I would never watch a let's play before playing it, also there is quite a lot of the parts where you can go how fast you want and how deep you want to explore. I was upset too, I wanted more changes (the main reason of my anger was predictable end though), but I realized the only way is accept it and move on. And when I accepted it, I saw it isn't that bad and I get what developers intended. See my reaction to TweetyCZ for more.

And when I accepted it, I saw it isn't that bad and I get what developers intended. See my reaction to TweetyCZ for more.
    Thats it, I think you cant know what the developers intendet bcs. they run out of time and didn´t finish the job. What we see ist a whole rushed, soulless 5th Episodes. Whatever they say now on twiter or other social media is teinted with the try to moderation the binary choice. Only because they try to bring it to an end in a very cheap way told us that the story will end bad in any way.

Yes I think, right after the first Scene Chloe had to die but over the game, and with a little bit distance that´s stupid like hell. They do it this way...but that´s dont give a hind about what they realy want to do with the game. And apart of the Story, its much smarter for a developer to spread it up so more customers are happy with their product. That dosen´t mean it should end always happy or you should take the "good" path. If, in the end where maybe 3 or 4 choices offert...you simply can took the sacrifice Chloe / Arcadia side of the story. Noone force you to do it in an other way and you didnt get a worse expirence.

Only because they try to bring it to an end in a very cheap way told us that the story will end bad in any way
    I am pretty sure even if they intended to make more endings, they wouldn't be any more happy.
    That dosen´t mean it should end always happy or you should take the "good" path. If, in the end where maybe 3 or 4 choices offert...you simply can took the sacrifice Chloe / Arcadia side of the story. Noone force you to do it in an other way and you didnt get a worse expirence.
    But I would take The good path, I want them to be happy. And that would make my experience worse because I couldn't identify with the ending. And if they wanted to make majority of customers happy, they would have made a first person shooter.

I am pretty sure even if they intended to make more endings, they wouldn't be any more happy.
    We never know.

But I would take The good path, I want them to be happy. And that would make my experience worse because I couldn't identify with the ending. And if they wanted to make majority of customers happy, they would have made a first person shooter.
    that´s your own weakness (no offense) but you want a bad ending and arent strong enought to take it if they offer it (next to some more endings). Funny. Now I understand your crusade for the self-fulfilling prophecy. You feared to be tempted by the game to see an ending you think it was right but on the ohter hand no bcs. its a good end

No more questions your honor...

We never know.

that´s your own weakness (no offense) but you want a bad ending and arent strong enought to take it if they offer it (next to some more endings). Funny. Now I understand your crusade for the self-fulfilling prophecy. You feared to be tempted by the game to see an ending you think it was right but on the ohter hand no bcs. its a good end

No more questions your honor...
    I am not against good endings. I will try to explain it.
    You feared to be tempted by the game to see an ending you think it was right but on the ohter hand no bcs. its a good end
    I fear the exact opposite. I fear the good ending will be happy but won't fit the story and the game and... everything. I will want them to be happy, but on the other side I will want more realistic/fitting ending.

I will want them to be happy, but on the other side I will want more realistic/fitting ending.
    I understand you...realy I do, but I dont get why you think an bad end is the more realistic/fitting end. I am not such an negativ person that for me only the bad end is the realistic end. Life told me there is a space for good endings.

For me I hate the "sacrifice Chloe" end bcs. I dont understand why all end positive (kate is alive after and so on) if chloe dies.

For me I hate the "sacrifice Arcadia" end bcs. it´s stupid to believe that Max can happy with it (and chloe) after she cause so many deads.

For me I hate both ends bcs. you see they had nothing to do with the first few episodes. I dont want them like that they explain anything to me but I realy need a little bit more of your realistic´s in both ends. Not only Chloe Dies = anything is good ; Arcadia Bay goes to hell = anything is good we are out with chloe yay party!

For me I hate both ends bcs. you see there is stuff out to play AND story to discover but dontnod make a cut out of nowhere and hastily bring it to an almost stupid end for a brilliant story.
    Last edited by --TIE--; 1st Nov 2015 at 11:52.

For me I hate the "sacrifice Chloe" end bcs. I dont understand why all end positive (kate is alive after and so on) if chloe dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontnod_Michel
    The hug you did to Kate in the classroom didn't happen in this timeline, since Max ran to the restroooms. But since Nathan gets arrested and denounce quickly Mark Jefferson to the police, Kate doesnt go anymore to the roof since the police found evidence in the dark room that she was abducted. It will be hard for her but people believe her and it will be easier for her to overcome this. And as soon as "your" Max goes back to this timeline (on the cliff before the funeral) she has all your memories back with her, and she will definitely go to Kate and Victoria.
    (Source)

Hope it's not considered rude to drop in like that, but I read your post and this quote came to mind, so I thought I'd link it.

I think not-so-good end fits the story. But okay, let's end this and move on.

1. A person died in her school, so she probably had other things to think about than suicide, also David most likely wasn't harassing her and Jefferson didn't convince her to commit suicide.
    2. Max just lost her old best friend right before her eyes, so maybe she was closer with Kate and it was Kate trying to reduce Max's pain, instead of Max (and that is really strong thing to forget about your destructive thoughts, trust me). Plus Max wasn't with Chloe the whole time anymore, so Kate probably could have visited Max and talked to her any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Painspotter View Post
    (Source)

Hope it's not considered rude to drop in like that, but I read your post and this quote came to mind, so I thought I'd link it.
    No problem with it

This will be my last comment to this whole Plot-Thing bcs. we are in a litteraly vortex now turn round and round and come after few post right to this point again.

For me chloes death didnt change so much like Michale from dontnod try to see in it. His whole argumentation is an excuse around the fact that they run out of time and money.

I made my freedom with the story in an complete other end and way whichs goes hand in hand with the episodes 1 to 4 (simply my fan fiction). The Nathan denounce Mark quickly thing was way to far out of the lore the story told us. Mr. J. is highly manipulation ppl he arrange all to blame nathan AND over the last 100!!! years the prescotts rule the region arround Arcadia Bay with iron hands. There is nothing what her lawyers cant fix. There are only 24h after chloes death and kates jump to heaven. It´s not enought time to arrest nathan, ask him, getting proof and so on. Max on the other hand is a witness for the Shoting she never had time to talk to kate after the shoting for hours or day´s so she cant be a help for Kate. Vic on the other hand was the main reason for the video AND are not stressed to use kate suicide to try to higher their ereydays hero chances. She is so ruthless, why should they stop to bully Kate only bcs. a punk girl dies. Jeferson allready point it out, there are so many Arcadia Bay Drop-outs arround no one will miss one more. AND the biggest point, Chloe was an angry, prejudged punk girl who is known for drugs and violance. Easyst thing to make it for a lawyer that it looks like selfdefence.

Blackwells best Student in selfedefence shot a punk *. Case closed. At least it´s an accident and if Max would be asked as a witness she cant told the truth, can blame nathan but has to state she see´s nothing only know things from an alternate timeline???

So you see, for my part I take this official trys to explain the end as over positive statements bcs. they had, like us, no other way to explain it. But thats didn´t make it better. They only break with their own story!
    Last edited by --TIE--; 1st Nov 2015 at 13:19.

Blackwells best Student in selfedefence shot a punk *. Case closed.
    Chloe didn't have a gun, a knife, anything, so self defense doesn't make sense. Nathan was interrogated, denounced Jefferson and told them about the Dark Room. Sean Prescott is under investigation of corruption. That happened in San Francisco timeline after finding the Dark Room. When investigation started, there is no room for Jefferson to manipulate people, especially when he is arrested. Max wasn't in the police station for 2 days for sure, she had enough time at Blackwell. It makes perfect sense and it's completely possible. And as I said, in my opinion Kate was caring for Max and was comforting her, and that really helps to forget about your destructive thoughts.
    Last edited by Tataboj; 1st Nov 2015 at 13:35.

Chloe didn't have a gun, a knife, anything, so self defense doesn't make sense.
    She attacks, you are in fear for your life, you shot. Not appropriate but happens. Cops come, cops payed by thre prescotts, cops found "chloes" gun/knife...Self defens is appropriate...case closed. Money rules, punks not.

She attacks, you are in fear for your life, you shot. Not appropriate but happens. Cops come, cops payed by thre prescotts, cops found "chloes" gun/knife...Self defens is appropriate...case closed. Money rules, punks not.
    Even money can't erase murder... And in another timeline, cops find the Dark Room and arrest Jefferson, even though Prescott payed for everything. I have added some things in my previous post.

Hi,

I've just seen this floating around.
    Well apparently there really is going to be a Life is Strange 2? My French is not good enough to really confirm that.

A : Avez-vous d’autres projets vidéoludiques après Remember Me?
    AD : On devait faire le 2 mais ça bloque avec CapCom, l’éditeur du jeu. J’ai travaillé en tant que Script Doctor sur Life is Strange développé par le Studio Dontnod et je vais participer * la suite, Life is Strange 2.
    (Source)

Which might be a good moment for them to polish up LiS 1 simultaniously as they go. Brand building.

I activate my french connection but meanwhile they change it to:

A : Avez-vous d’autres projets vidéoludiques après Remember Me?
    AD : J’ai contribué modestement, comme Script Doctor, sur Life is Strange développé par le Studio Dontnod. S’il devait y avoir une suite, j’aurais plaisir * y contribuer aussi, bien sûr.
    Originaly he says: "I take part of Life is Strange 2" now it´s statet
    "If they make Life is Strange 2, I would like to participate again."

Sorry Painspotter, i see that you post the new before than me. I did not see your post.

People, i think that LiS 2 it's almost confirmed. (Success in first part, and clues), it's almost a matter of time,
    but another matter it's... that i suposse that much people like me want the cast of Season 1 in Season 2, and looking the past comments of creator, don't looks that way.

To me, do the second game like that, should be a great error, but anyway it's only my opinion.

How about a create a second petition saying that we want the cast of Season 1 and Arcadia Bay in season 2 and we do not want new characters and places and a story not related with season 1? (Of course, only for people that are thinking this).

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadiagamer View Post
    Sorry Painspotter, i see that you post the new before than me. I did not see your post.

People, i think that LiS 2 it's almost confirmed. (Success in first part, and clues), it's almost a matter of time,
    but another matter it's... that i suposse that much people like me want the cast of Season 1 in Season 2, and looking the past comments of creator, don't looks that way.

To me, do the second game like that, should be a great error, but anyway it's only my opinion.

How about a create a second petition saying that we want the cast of Season 1 and Arcadia Bay in season 2 and we do not want new characters and places and a story not related with season 1? (Of course, only for people that are thinking this).
    I am not sure it would be a good idea to use the entire cast of LiS a second time, some less featured persons like Rachel perhaps, but seeing as they bring to the table a host of real world issues and pleasantries I think they would need a second round of cast to bring new topics to the table so they can write a story about them without being restrained by the last story they wrote with Maxine and co.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Well, you are right in that, the thing it's not erase all the cast of season 1 in the relevant story in season 2, at least in my opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123