Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "All your actions will have consequences" Endings by Malkav0

The game wasn´t realy expensive so yes I will at least spend the same amount of money again for a better ending (upgradet Sacrefice Arcadia ending). If they make a directors cut or like you said physical enhancment (maybe Bigfoot Caps, big picstureprints from the Art, or a American Flag in Chloe style, The Soundtrack...or such stuff) I will give much more money. DNOTNOD READ THIS NOW AND TAKE MY MONEY! if square enix allows you

You know, honestly I'm beginning to think this does not make enough noise to be noticed. I don't think it can be helped in the state it is. But I think we could make a demonstration, it would be much more impactfull. Something people can watch would be more accessible than reading the whole process. I saw the fanproject "love is strange" for romance options, and I think that kind of representation (visual novel, meaning only drawn pictures) would work. What would be needed is one artist and one programmer, since I already did the architecture of the events.
    The work of the artist would be a bit tough but do-able for someone a bit talented, it's basically drawing a picture for each of the variations. So then we can arrange them with orders and triggers. I can summarize and organize what exactly would be needed to remain as simple as possible.
    The work of the programmer would be to 1) extract the choices value from game save files and be able compile them as variables 2) create a small exe to handle these variables 3) link the pictures to variables in this exe and make it a nice slideshow, along with the layout design from the artist
    If some of you can handle this or know people who would, my work is totally free, as long as it is not severly altered or at least we can discuss alterations and come to agreement ^^

Sadly yes. Maybe the handwritten letters had an impact...if the petition reach 10k? Its a good base to give kickstarter a try if they would. But I realy realy fear they are done with it mentaly and operativley. They allready work on "Vampyr".

Sometimes to be nice only dont give the real impact to change something.

I can give some money but dont have any prgramming or drawing skills by myself and dont know someone who can help.

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Sadly yes. Maybe the handwritten letters had an impact...if the petition reach 10k? Its a good base to give kickstarter a try if they would. But I realy realy fear they are done with it mentaly and operativley. They allready work on "Vampyr".

Sometimes to be nice only dont give the real impact to change something.

I can give some money but dont have any prgramming or drawing skills by myself and dont know someone who can help.
    Me too but I also can give some money if needed.

@Malkav0
    http://www.dont-nod.com/contact/
    I can put the link from Dontnod where you can also contact them maybe we can also send them something nice (optional)

Let's hope this gets at least a comment from the devs.

On a sidenote, many of my friends chose to save arcadia. It's okay, it's their choice and their reasoning. But it really, really hurts when they say I chose wrong because I didn't understand the game and that their ending is the right one because the devs put more effort in it.

I dunno why it hurts. It just does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    Let's hope this gets at least a comment from the devs.

On a sidenote, many of my friends chose to save arcadia. It's okay, it's their choice and their reasoning. But it really, really hurts when they say I chose wrong because I didn't understand the game and that their ending is the right one because the devs put more effort in it.

I dunno why it hurts. It just does.
    I would bet it is because you have feelings.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkav0 View Post
    Thanks for the re-post ^^
    Please don't hesitate to give me feedback, for now it's all been positive. Dontnod team, if you happen to come by here, your opinion would be appreciated too =) Working on this helped me to make peace with the game and the endings that hurt my feelings as a player who thought he mattered in the end, and I thought it could help others too. Because I cared as much as you about the game, the story, the characters... I felt it needed more closure and brighter notes actually depending on your actions.
    See ya !
    Bro, this really needs more traction!
    You did an incredible job of mapping this out to where, not only does it make sense, but it's actually realistically plausible. I read this and loved it.

I don't believe that the original ending is bad, per say, but it definitely needs more and what you proposed is perfect. Even in its current state I have multiple reasons why I chose Chloe over the bay and I'd do it again but this would make that choice even more impactful.

Hmm

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...42384388173824

What's with the last sentence?

Edit. Correct link

You mean season 2: confirmed?

I wouldn't go that far....

PS the emojis are oldschool here.. wowser

Hmm

Edit. Correct link
    That ending is open to interpretation...
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Hmm

Edit. Correct link
    It's a pretty shaddy statement to justify not having the time and/or ressources to make things more consistent... ^^v
    Apologize, I don't say it to be mean or sarcastic. It's just what it feels like to me, but not in a bad way, in fact I feel sad to understand it this way. To me it implies the devs couldn't do more and found the best compromise they could to not plunder everyone's hope with the deadlines they had. In a way, it's an achievement.

@ Malkav0 did you try to contact dontnod directly not over a forum. Your thinking about the endings and the link to the petition in a Mail or something?

They simply need to honor that!

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    @ Malkav0 did you try to contact dontnod directly not over a forum. Your thinking about the endings and the link to the petition in a Mail or something?

They simply need to honor that!
    Or even acknowledge them. They really need to say something :/

Quote Originally Posted by Malkav0 View Post
    Well, the answer was specificly about the Max/Chloe romance, but the edit that inspired me show that the kiss fits perfectly BEFORE shredding the photo... So even when answering officialy, devs are sure not perfect. And it's logical. Do you see Michel Koch saying "sorry we were in a dead end time and ressource-wise and I'm honestly sorry and disappointed we couldn't deliver more" ? Even if it were the case, it's a very dangerous stance for business. You can just not face the world and admit you did not do what you wanted, because then you also screw your team and, mostly, your publisher.
    There is already an admission by DOTNOD that they had rewritten EP 5 or at least the second half because of budget/time constraints.

45 Mins later: I was going to link the article I had read that in and now I can't find it. I will continue to look for it later today.

I know for a fact that 3d models for Max, Chloe, Kate, Warren, Nathan, Victoria, Mr. Jefferson, as well as a few others have already been created. You just need a 3d animator and programer. The animating would take the longest to do.

I really hope DONTNOD takes notice of this.

There is already an admission by DOTNOD that they had rewritten EP 5 or at least the second half because of budget/time constraints.
    Yeha that what the 5th Episode looks like in my german review of the game talk about it. It feels like the 5th episode is a composition of part of the last 3 (originaly 8 Episodes). There are so mutch different stuff...nightmare, San Francisco, night of the storm, aftermath...and so on. So much different settings and they arent realy linked together during the 5th episode. The calling from Nathan out of Nowhere and such things...feels like puzzleparts but not the whole picture...or badly arranged.

Someone made a 7 sec clip of Max rewinding time..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSG9hJN5Fsc

It seems Michel Koch has been rather active on twitter lately (and friendly). He's apparently quite eager to talk with people about the problems with the endings. I'd suggest sending him a polite tweet.

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel

Well, he (Michel Koch) already stated that the details of the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending were entirely up to interpretation. I'm pretty sure the OP is exactly what he meant :-)

(And yes, after lurking around here for a few days I just registered only to express how awesome I consider your contribution to be )

I am wondering though - basically, everything Max did after being freed by David did not happen (*) because she went back in time and told Chloe about what would happen, so that in the extended ending, Jefferson was already put away by the police. Since Chloe does survive, David would not have had a reason to kill Jefferson either, so is this a little logical hole in your story or is there something I oversaw?

* Also, how come Alyssa, Evan etc. are still affected by essentially undone choices?
    Last edited by HariboTer; 1st Nov 2015 at 13:03. Reason: Subscribed to thread^^

Registered to come in to say I love your proposals and ideas for the ending. I, like many, felt extremely upset by the endings we were left with - especially the Pricefield ending, which really didn't represent fans of Chloe and the ending we felt the pair of them deserved by being together. The choices have no or little effects on the endings, and bearings on Episode 5 as a whole were also bitterly disappointing. I would have gladly waited longer if it meant getting fuller endings and a better episode that was on par with the rest of them.

I'm sincerely hoping Dontnod eventually adds to the endings in some way, and your ideas would be fantastic to reference.

Like the post above me mentions, though, I'm just wondering if there might be slight problems when it comes to certain events playing out that shouldn't because Max actually enters another new timeline that didn't feel the effects of decisions in previous timelines. However, you could simply base your proposed events (such as whether Jefferson is killed by a tree or not) happening simply on whether the choices were made (i.e. if you choose to kill Jefferson, he would be killed by a tree, regardless of the different timelines) - in reality, the two timelines mean choices made in one shouldn't affect the other, but for game/ending purposes, you could still have certain events play out because it will still give meaning to the user's choices in the end.

If it all can still work logically, though, then that's even better. Nonetheless, well done for putting great thought into an ending that really does Pricefield justice. I want to believe it's the real deal now.
    Last edited by Azuardo; 4th Nov 2015 at 12:41.

Even in the episode there wasn't a single "this action will have consequences", because they knew that we know that we will get back through the photo and nothing happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12