Thread: LoK Movie?

Cool LoK Movie?

Oooohh, I just had to do it!

Hmmm... That would be so so awsome to have a Legacy of Kain movie in my movie shelf! But its not gonna happen. I read a interview with some people from Eidos Interactive and it said something about Legacy of Kain not being knowed to that much people to make a movie. Like Final Fantasy!Almost everyone knows what that is. Everyone plays it. And so there is a movie...
    Though, in the future, I hope there is a Legacy of Kain movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    Oooohh, I just had to do it!

lmao!

I think they work better as games.
    Unless we got the GREAT and AMAZING actor Will Smith in it! Everything he does is great! Like the EXTREMELY FAITHFUL ADAPTAION of I, Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha
    Unless we got the GREAT and AMAZING actor Will Smith in it!
    And who would he be then?....wow how cool black Raziel....

About the movie, I dont think it would be well made, it would be hard to make raziel(same with Kain) to look realistic enough without many digital effects...so if we get to that, would be better to make a computer animated movie....
    And one thing that would be interesting aswell, is make a movie of the time of Kains emipire and the evolution of the 7 clans....

No no no no no!

The only person who can properly play Raziel, is Julie Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by Squint-eyed Sniper
    And who would he be then?....wow how cool black Raziel....

About the movie, I dont think it would be well made, it would be hard to make raziel(same with Kain) to look realistic enough without many digital effects...so if we get to that, would be better to make a computer animated movie....
    And one thing that would be interesting aswell, is make a movie of the time of Kains emipire and the evolution of the 7 clans....
    Ohhh, look around the time of last halloween. I forgot what keywords it is, but someone was actually making a Kain costume.

They should bring Michael Bell in, because Raziel would be hard to do without the effects.
    http://smokestock.deviantart.com | http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589342/ | http://smoke-z.deviantart.com

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.

a cgi movie like advent children based on the first soul reaver game would work pretty well. give it the original ending where kain bites it (excuse the pun) and raziel "cleanses Nosgoth of vampirism" but then have some kinda plot twist with squiddy at the end. i always liked the original closing the the first game

"you did well........... my servant"

after playing the later games it adds a whole new perspective to the line.

edit: i'd just like to add that and kind of EPIC story with plot twists ahoy would NOT work on the cinema screen (especially in a 90 minute movie, and i think we all know a 3 hour cgi movie (especially a well made one) is about as probable as me growing a second head). hence me choosing a simple revenge story with enough dramatic irony to keep the audience interested w/o them walking out of the cinema going "WHAT THE............?!??!"
    If it doesn't hurt you're not doing it properly

If they'd do one, I'd want it to be of all the game's, however with all the plotholes fixed, and actually questioned, in the film (Vorador springs to mind...).

Of course, this would mostly be for the fans' entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Anoobish
    If they'd do one, I'd want it to be of all the game's, however with all the plotholes fixed, and actually questioned, in the film (Vorador springs to mind...).

Of course, this would mostly be for the fans' entertainment
    yeah that's my point. I really don't think covering a story with more plot holes than red dwarf in the space of 90 minutes would be a good idea. should it happen it really should just be nothing more than any other vampire movie with lots of action and keep the story in the background. the ppl that care about the story already know it. a movie should be enjoyable. it's a different medium to a video game. if you want the story, play the game.

look at advent children. the story flat out stinks. it's painful even thinking about it. but the film is still really fun to watch.

now look at ff7. they story is great. there's so much too it. it's a complete epic story. as such it takes about 35-40 hours to get through it first time. and even then you miss a lot of story. translating something like that to cinema would be IMPOSSIBLE.

the fans would be outraged that their fav part of the story "wasn't told properly" or wasn't even included. When it comes to making a movie on something like a video game or comic you really have to look at the bigger picture. and that's not a handful of fans - it's the average cinema goer. It's not even about maximising profit for a good film maker. it's about making a film that's actually worth ppl taking notice of and makes everyone turn their head.

and let's face it; who wouldn't want to watch a cgi raziel beating the living nosgoth out of kain in a reality defying environment only animation can offer?

i wanna watch ppl punching through walls as though they were paper and hurling their enemy across a room like a rag doll.

oh yeah.... and ppl exploding when the soul reaver touches them!
    If it doesn't hurt you're not doing it properly

Speaking of which, I gotta find that Flash movie, someone made/found...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    No no no no no!

The only person who can properly play Raziel, is Julie Andrews.
    omg that is so true..lol

peter pan lol....
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

If there is ever a movie on Legacy of Kain, I WILL be the one to do it, and will do it right. My main goal is to get into the movie industry, and then after I do that, I'll make Blood Omen into two 2-3 hour movies so that it can follow the game in almost every way with all of the members of the circle around while spacing out the plot so it just isn't all action. As for who I would have play Kain, well, I would want Simon Templeman, and would offer him whatever he wanted to do so.

Oh, and the DVD of the second movie would have an alternate ending, the ending where Kain chooses to sacrifice himself. And the disc menu would be split with a pic of the cards from the end of Blood Omen to determine which version of the movie (ending) you want while the theatrical ending would be teh one where he chooses to rule the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain
    If there is ever a movie on Legacy of Kain, I WILL be the one to do it, and will do it right. My main goal is to get into the movie industry, and then after I do that, I'll make Blood Omen into two 2-3 hour movies so that it can follow the game in almost every way with all of the members of the circle around while spacing out the plot so it just isn't all action. As for who I would have play Kain, well, I would want Simon Templeman, and would offer him whatever he wanted to do so.

Oh, and the DVD of the second movie would have an alternate ending, the ending where Kain chooses to sacrifice himself. And the disc menu would be split with a pic of the cards from the end of Blood Omen to determine which version of the movie (ending) you want while the theatrical ending would be teh one where he chooses to rule the world.
    hey that sound like a good idea man lol i'd pay to see that...
    "Rising from my former shell, blazing with new power i return to avenge my fallen ancestor, i the phoenix shall bring Vengence far greater then any force ever seen"

(Spardalicore the Super phoenix while emerging from the ashes)