Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 175

Thread: Which ending did you pick and why?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1
    I decided to sacrifice Chloe. Destiny wanted her death. Every life-threating moments what Chloe survived by the efforts of Max was the attempt of the destiny/death. in exchange the destiny wanted something. something way bigger. the city. Max saw it in her vision she just didnt understood it yet. in the nightmare scene the game tried to make the player to remember every moments what max have been went through, especially at the end of it. the diner scene - where every people appeared who met with Max trying to convince you they are all count on you or trying to make you guilty, if you let them all die. The memories about Chloe where the game trying to convince you that she is your best friend forever and you couldnt let her die. this is the lesson of the game i think. the alternate max (your remorse) told it "so you'll have to learn the hard way" "is it worth it all killing everybody for you friend" yes and i know that most of her other prosecution was just bull trying to manipulate you but that was actually really true.

    IMO to sacrificing the city, was a selfish and irresponsible choice. this ending doesnt show much thats why i hate it a bit, because it doesnt make you feel guilty enough. we can just see crashed houses and some covered corpses. it doesnt remind you that you killed chloe's mother, stepfather, Warren, Kate, everyone. You two just drive away with a small smile. its nonsense.

    Sacrificing Chloe was the hardest decision ever. yeah i know that if you let her die that is like all for nothing. but i think this is the right choice, Chloe told it too. both of the choices have horrible consequences example you will brake Joyce and David heart to pieces if you sacrifice her, but imo this is the smaller bad, and chloe's spirit will be around as forever.

  2. #27
    The choices are vague and leave lots to interpretation, especially given the spiritual beliefs presented in it. The writers obviously believe in spirit guides and quite possibly reincarnation.

    I played both choices, and to be honest, I am more comfortable saving Chloe.
    Here is why.
    1 There are many surviors.
    The choice says simply 'Save Chloe' or 'Save Arcadia Bay'. It makes no mention about the lives of the residents, simply that you would save the town from physical destruction. Look at the town's level of destruction in the 'Save Chloe' end scene. It looked very surviable, there were partially intact buildings, including the diner. If you need a comparison, look at photos of small midwest towns after they were wiped out by big tornados...far worse destruction (which many people survive those). It is equally valid to assume that there are many surviors as it is to assume everyone was killed, and given the evidence from the intact buildings, I choose to believe that there are many surviors.

    2 Town would have been destroyed anyway.
    The town was already on a path to destruction prior to Max's timeplay, which you findout if you took the time to question the residents earlier. The Prescott greed had already sent the town on a path to economic and environmental ruin. Many of the residents indicated they wanted to leave and start new lives elsewhere. The storm simply forced this issue. The survivors were able to start new lives elsewhere, as they had wanted. The end result is basically the same, a physically destroyed town from the storm or a deserted ghost town lost to poor economics and environment.

    3. Max positively affected a whole lot of people, including herself.
    Think of all the people Max positively affected. Pretty much everyone in the game admired Max or were grateful for Max being in their lives, because she helped them see something, helped them reconcile, helped them make peace with themselves or others. Even Nathan apologized to her in the end. Through helping others, she helped herself. If you 'Save Arcadia Bay' Max will go back to a point where she hadn't affected these people. Its possible due to Max's kind and nurturing nature that she would have eventually helped some people, but there would still be a lot of bitter, depressed, insecure people she wouldn't have 'touched'. From a karmic standpoint, if some of those people did infact die in the storm, they did die with a karmic weight lifted.

    4. Poor Joyce or Poor Chloe...take your pick.
    If you save the town, Joyce will have lost both William and Chloe. If you save Chloe and 'assume' everyone else dies, then Chloe will have lost William and Joyce. Then again if you 'assume' there were many survivors, it is quite possible Joyce survived in the intact diner shown in the last scene of the 'Save Chloe'. Chloe would not only still have Joyce, she would also have a renewed relationshp with David...thanks to Max. Wouldn't it be just as unfair to Joyce to have Chloe die? At least if Joyce does in fact die in this rather spiritual game, she could be on the 'other side' reunited with William.

    5. Saving town means still messing with time travel and twisting reality while saving Chloe means renouncing time travel and letting the future play out from then on without alteration.
    If you go back in time with the picture at the end. You have again altered 'time'. If Max retains knowlege of the future, she will again mess with reality, which Max wanted to avoid. If she forgets everything, everything goes on as before. Kate is still depressed from the viral video. Victoria is still an insecure b#$#h. The town is still destroyed by Prescott greed.

    6. Setup for season 2.
    The vague choices means lots of unanswered questions that are open to interpretation. This sets up many possibilities for another season. If you were Dontnod and had won all these game awards, while knowing how popular this game has become...$$$, wouldn't you leave it open for more seasons?

    Ironically, the best reality for Max to renounce her time travel in was the William alive reality. Chloe died with her last sight being with her best friend. Joyce and William had each other, and the medical debt would have cleared with Chloe gone. Joyce and William cared about Max so much, they would likely have 'adopted' her as a second mother and father.

    Cheers
    Last edited by pilottjLIS; 21st Oct 2015 at 15:51.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay because #BaeBeforeBay! Lol.

    In truth, I chose to save Chloe because I felt like changing the past again wouldn't have made anything different. Did Max really prevent the storm by letting Chloe die? Maybe. Maybe Not. We don't get to see what happens after the funeral, so maybe the storm STILL happens and Max's goal was to warn everybody.

    THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW.

    Besides, my head-cannon suggests that David went around collecting everyone and took them to the Dark Room.
    After your time in the photo expires, you are taken to the time, where you have been. So Max was taken to Friday.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    After your time in the photo expires, you are taken to the time, where you have been. So Max was taken to Friday.

    Doesn't necessarily have to happen on a Friday tbh. But I didn't save Arcadia Bay so I don't know much of that ending (just from what I watch on GeekRemix's stream/vid).

    I do know that Chloe better love me for sacrificing the entire town for her (not necessarily the people in the town. Just the town itself).

    Also 10/10 would sacrifice Arcadia Bay for Chloe again.
    Last edited by StrangerThanFiction; 21st Oct 2015 at 17:39.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottjLIS View Post
    3. Max positively affected a whole lot of people, including herself.
    Think of all the people Max positively affected. Pretty much everyone in the game admired Max or were grateful for Max being in their lives, because she helped them see something, helped them reconcile, helped them make peace with themselves or others. Even Nathan apologized to her in the end. Through helping others, she helped herself. If you 'Save Arcadia Bay' Max will go back to a point where she hadn't affected these people. Its possible due to Max's kind and nurturing nature that she would have eventually helped some people, but there would still be a lot of bitter, depressed, insecure people she wouldn't have 'touched'. From a karmic standpoint, if some of those people did infact die in the storm, they did die with a karmic weight lifted.
    Well, in my playthrough, Kate and Nathan are dead, while if you choose to sacrifice Chloe and save Arcadia Bay, Nathan is arrested and Kate is alive.

  6. #31
    Well, in my playthrough, Kate and Nathan are dead, while if you choose to sacrifice Chloe and save Arcadia Bay, Nathan is arrested and Kate is alive.
    That´s my biggest problem with the game. Why all went good if Chloe dies? Why is Kate still alive? During my playthroug I cant save her bcs. I choose the wrong bible vers...what was her destiny? If I change it bcs. I didn´t save her...compared to Chloes destiny why I change it IF she dont dies!? At the very end, all was you made between the 1st episode and the 5th didn´t matter, bcs. all goes right if chloe´s destiny is fulfilled!? Feels hard to belive that.

    Offsides I think a little bit dontnod give´s the "save Chloe" choice only bcs. they listen to the forum´s all over the www. so mutch ppl want to let them ride in the sunset. The prolog where they drive through Arcadia is absolut soulless and far to short like "we need to make a alternate ending FAST".

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2
    I would like to express my gratitude towards Dontnod for giving us this choice at all (though I half expected a development in which Max ended up dead). I was sitting there thinking 'Omg don't you dare railroad me into that "good choice now"' and was instantly relieved to see another option there. The whole notion of defying destiny no matter the cost has always sat quite well with me and so it was not a hard choice to let Arcadia Bay be destroyed. Chloe's speech did make it more difficult although - to me personally - that whole altruism thing seemed a bit out of character for her and almost felt like she was trying to convince herself or trying to make the choice easier for Max (but again, just me).

    Maybe it's a selfish thing for Max to do or maybe it's her way of saying this screwing around with time ends right here and now, especially since she actually can't be certain of a positive outcome in a time line where Chloe gets shot by Nathan. Strangely, it reminded me of Start Trek II and III, which both play around with the whole concept of "the needs of the many vs the needs of the few (or a single person)". Especially part III makes the point that the logical choice is not always the choice people will go for. Instead, sometimes they do the "human" thing. And I'm not arguing that letting thousands of people die is humane in any way but that humans don't always act according to what would be the logical or even the morally correct choice. So ultimately "my" Max went for her Chloe and I like to think they live traumatized, but more or less happily, ever after ^^

    Good points have been made in regards to a lack of quality for the save Chloe-Ending in comparison to the other one, and I don't necessarily agree with all of them except that it could have been a bit more fleshed out maybe. Then again, silence does sometimes speak louder than words.
    Overall, imho a well made game very reminiscent of great titles such as "Donnie Darko" and especially "Steins;Gate". Hope to see more from this developer in the future and keep up giving people choices.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    That´s my biggest problem with the game. Why all went good if Chloe dies? Why is Kate still alive? During my playthroug I cant save her bcs. I choose the wrong bible vers...what was her destiny? If I change it bcs. I didn´t save her...compared to Chloes destiny why I change it IF she dont dies!? At the very end, all was you made between the 1st episode and the 5th didn´t matter, bcs. all goes right if chloe´s destiny is fulfilled!? Feels hard to belive that.
    I think when Chloe died, people realized a lot of things, including Kate and her thoughts about suicide. She had other things to think about than some video when a person died in her school.

  9. #34
    But Square Enix dosnt really care for Life is Strange.. Life is Strange was originally contains EPISODE8! but Dontnod cut down to Episode5 because of looks like Square Enix (publisher) maybe Square Enix give them another project lol,
    Video game is business after all.

    http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/09...lanned/168004/
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 22nd Oct 2015 at 10:42.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    I think when Chloe died, people realized a lot of things, including Kate and her thoughts about suicide. She had other things to think about than some video when a person died in her school.
    Maybe...I think we met Kate at her end of her journey as well we met Chloe. The Video is out for a while and the damage is allready done to Kate. She stops playing her violin for (a week if I remember it right). She looks very depressed in Episode one (before the things go strange) and even how nice we are to her she goes up to the roof and jumps. Max reach the place at the moment she jumps. Without timealtering we never had a chance to save her. Only with knowledge from the past we can give her the right words to jump not. Her family, special her mother judge her for what she does under drugs. Thats impacts her so much that even the words from her father (you are the light of my life...we can talk about everything...or something like that) cant help her to feel better.

    I dont think Chloe wasn´t so importand for what is going on. Neither Kate was...Victoria try´s to use the sucide to push up her chances at the everydays here contest. A angry teenage girl, known for violance and drugs is shooten in "self-defense" by Blackwells finest student. Like he act during the questioning from principal Wells, or like his family control the police and the town I find it difficult that this all doesn´t matter bcs. chloe dies!? The Prescotts didn´t turn to samaritan bcs. a punk dies.

    Only a few thought from me.

  11. #36
    I saved Chloe. For me, it was the right thing to do. After that week, there was no way I'd just let her die, not after she learned so much. She matured. She got closure with Rachel Amber. If I chose to sacrifice her, she'd just die alone, angry and feeling that everyone just leaves her. Joyce would lose her daughter. No amount of butterflies can remedy that. And Max even says that every time she tries to fix things, they go poop. It was time to not use her powers anymore. It was time to rip that photo and take responsibility. They went through so much, I couldn't rob that from Chloe. I couldn't take her best friend away again.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1
    I chose to save Arcadia. Choosing Chloe over a whole town is just bad and selfish. After all Chloe showed a fantastic resolve during the end and i couldnt refuse her choice for sacrificing herself, i just couldnt let the whole town to pay for "my"(Max) mistake.

  13. #38
    @ Lehkeri / @ Ichimaru_Gin7

    NICE, perfectly state what I think about the end that´s it whats makes so hard...fully agree with both of you!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    But Square Enix dosnt really care for Life is Strange.. Life is Strange was originally contains EPISODE8! but Dontnod cut down to Episode5 because of looks like Square Enix (publisher) maybe Square Enix give them another project lol,
    Video game is business after all.
    I've lost all faith in Square Enix after how they supremely let us down with the Kingdom Hearts franchise. But that's another story....
    "If you come with me, NOTHING will ever be the same again." - The Doctor

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Maybe...I think we met Kate at her end of her journey as well we met Chloe. The Video is out for a while and the damage is allready done to Kate. She stops playing her violin for (a week if I remember it right). She looks very depressed in Episode one (before the things go strange) and even how nice we are to her she goes up to the roof and jumps. Max reach the place at the moment she jumps. Without timealtering we never had a chance to save her. Only with knowledge from the past we can give her the right words to jump not. Her family, special her mother judge her for what she does under drugs. Thats impacts her so much that even the words from her father (you are the light of my life...we can talk about everything...or something like that) cant help her to feel better.

    I dont think Chloe wasn´t so importand for what is going on. Neither Kate was...Victoria try´s to use the sucide to push up her chances at the everydays here contest. A angry teenage girl, known for violance and drugs is shooten in "self-defense" by Blackwells finest student. Like he act during the questioning from principal Wells, or like his family control the police and the town I find it difficult that this all doesn´t matter bcs. chloe dies!? The Prescotts didn´t turn to samaritan bcs. a punk dies.

    Only a few thought from me.
    Since Max didn't have Chloe to be with, perhaps she sticked to Kate and hung out with her more, she doesn't always drive away with Chloe so it's likely Kate can always visit her. And Kate probably didn't have to for example call Max, she was simply with her.

  16. #41
    Interesting, interesting...even if I think after the Blackwell Restroom Shoting Max got involved with policework, had to ask questions wait for hours and is self depressed bcs. she choose to sacrifice chloe (even if she saves arcadia I think that´s positive aspect will come to her latley if she make her freedom with the decision to let her beloved freind die. If...let me say...there is a week between the shoting and Kates suicide than I give your opinion a fully YES!! but Kate jumps of the roof around 24h after the shoting...less time and we can´t alter it *grrrr*

    But nice to talk about all this.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    138
    I sacrificed Aracdia Bay and saved Chloe. It was a hard decision for me and somehow it felt bad to pretty much kill everybody just to safe one person. But I couldn't let Chloe die again. To see her die several times already was too much. But I feel really bad when thinking about all the other dead people now.


    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Offsides I think a little bit dontnod give´s the "save Chloe" choice only bcs. they listen to the forum´s all over the www. so mutch ppl want to let them ride in the sunset. The prolog where they drive through Arcadia is absolut soulless and far to short like "we need to make a alternate ending FAST".
    I feared that this was going to be the final decision of the game. Chose between Arcadia Bay and Chloe. I almost knew there wouldn't be a "real" happy ending, and that a sacrifice was to be made. But nevertheless I think the "Sacrfice Arcadia Bay" ending is a bit too dark and depressing and definitely lacks closure. There should have been definitely a few more explanations/epilogue scenes.

    From just watching the end scene it feels everyone in town is dead. Which IMO is impossible. I think there should be at least some survivors. The ending would feel better if they showed at least a few people who survived and that at least a few of our previous decisions mattered. [e.g. If you saved Kate earlier she's seen alive and so on]

  18. #43
    The last choice in game is like... What kind of pepper you want? Well, I saved Chloe. Sure, It's suffering to watch how tornado destroys your city but If the most important person in your life stand next to you, you are able to go through. But if you will sacrifice closest person, you will add burden to your own future. Is it possible to go through? Not with all these "memories" and not without person who will understand you.

    I can't believe that i fell in love with game character, so dumb.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Interesting, interesting...even if I think after the Blackwell Restroom Shoting Max got involved with policework, had to ask questions wait for hours and is self depressed bcs. she choose to sacrifice chloe (even if she saves arcadia I think that´s positive aspect will come to her latley if she make her freedom with the decision to let her beloved freind die. If...let me say...there is a week between the shoting and Kates suicide than I give your opinion a fully YES!! but Kate jumps of the roof around 24h after the shoting...less time and we can´t alter it *grrrr*

    But nice to talk about all this.
    That's just a matter of opinions, everything could have happen. But until Friday it wasn't that Max, her true self got to her in the time when she traveled through the photo. So she was acting normally without the memories of Chloe for the week.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    I was thinking about this as a possible choice long before Polarized. So I was already determined about sacrificing Chloe and saving people of Arcadia Bay. And even though sure about it - it was so hard decision to make. What I think about it is that tearing the photo is like: "I am not so strong to give up my best friend." I don't want to insult anybody, I felt this about the choice.

  21. #46
    I chose to sacrifice Chloe. I was surprised 50% of people didn't, but I get it, I guess.

    I did get the feeling while playing that there were two different forces at play: whatever forces wanted Chloe dead, and whatever gave Max her superpowers. I felt that "the universe" or whatever wanted Chloe dead, and that Max was given the ability to reverse time to save her time and time again and keep her alive.

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    Looks like people don't understand video game creating... it would be more difficult to create such storyline to make 3-4 endings with different choises with multiple storylines etc... that game would require like 6 year to develop or more it would be never done, ahh and yeah TONS of money. Anyway this is why I like this type of endings because everybody have a different imagination how the main characters story,adventure would continue.
    I too love LiS, but this doesn't make sense. They were doing a great job up until episode 5, and they perfectly well had the ability to have more than two endings.
    Don't be a fanboy, please.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
    I chose to sacrifice Chloe. I was surprised 50% of people didn't, but I get it, I guess.

    I did get the feeling while playing that there were two different forces at play: whatever forces wanted Chloe dead, and whatever gave Max her superpowers. I felt that "the universe" or whatever wanted Chloe dead, and that Max was given the ability to reverse time to save her time and time again and keep her alive.
    It was a bizarre choice for me....I just felt so empty about the two choices in front of me. I knew saving Chloe would be wrong....but I just didnt care anymore....the game spent so much time making us care about Chloe that I was just like screw it....well just stand here and watch the world end. As ridiculous as that sounds.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
    I chose to sacrifice Chloe. I was surprised 50% of people didn't, but I get it, I guess.
    Because Bae before Bay! Lol.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    14
    Short answer: Saved Chloe, of course.

    Long answer: the reasoning is different whether there's Destiny at work, or not. But the conclusion is the same.
    * If there is a Destiny then it seems Max got all those time powers specifically to be able to save Chloe. There were many obstacles to finally saving her, but overcoming them is just her fulfilling her Destiny - with the last obstacle being the final guilt trip. (Who knows? Maybe Chloe will be very important in the future, and invent the cure for cancer saving millions? Or become a global figurehead for LGBT rights, single-handedly eliminating all prejudice in every single country? Maybe stumble upon the solution for an infinite energy source? Remember, it's Destiny...)
    * If there is NO Destiny, then it's logical that Max do with her powers whatever she (and the people she loves) benefit most from; and if the Universe is a prick and tries to bully her, it can, but that destruction and those deaths are then not really Max's fault. So it's the Universe who needs to deal with all that guilt, get some therapy if needed, Max just stuck to her principles and didn't give in to intimidation.

    Btw I find the ending choice a bit simplistic, and I'm overall not very happy with the depth and thoughtfulness of the writing. But it would be OT to write more in this thread, so maybe I'll gather my thoughts and post them up later...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •