Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which ending did you pick and why?

Which ending did you pick and why?

I choose to destroy Arcadia bay and save Chloe. The reason being is that the whole adventure, the week Chloe and Max spent and all the choices and experiences would mean nothing if she died. You have to remember that if you pick the Chloe sacrifice ending, Max and Chloe went years without seeing eachother just for Chloe to get murdered before they saw eachother again. Neither of the endings is great but I prefer this one.

At first I pick to sacrifice Chloe...I know against all my will...but one life over for all the others, no way. Chloe makes his freedom with it and die ;(*** but it feels so terribly wrong. And what´s happen after I save Arcadia...the prescotts will torn the town away with their money. Is that better? I open my own Thread about it, there are my fully thoughts about that ending

I couldn't save one person and kill thousands of people. I loved Chloe as much as Max did (didn't kiss her though) but that was really too unbalanced decision for me.

I'm feeling like people are oversimplifying the ending or focus too much on it instead of the journey and experience Max and Chloe had. I have so many thoughts on this that it'll take me some time to organise but here's the short version. I chose to let Arcadia Bay die, I didn't make the choice lightly, I didn't decide right away and I didn't do it for a single reason. There are actually a number of layers to that lead me to this choice.

@ WazzuMan...I think the choices the game gave us didn´t realy match with the journey...so it feels wrong no matter what I choose and why. And at this point it is black or white no gray. If Max save´s Chloe and let all the people die (or not, the ending didnt tell us what happen to all) I for my understanding about max feel she cant be happy with that. Every morning she awakes and see Chloe she also see the dead from Arcadia bay. Max is such an empathic charakter that this knowledge will (sooner or later) driven her mad. On the other hand sit at the bottom of a Restroom and knowing that you long lost freind is shoten in a few seconds also cant make her feel better, special with your knowledge you made the last day´s with chloe.
    Last edited by --TIE--; 21st Oct 2015 at 10:53.

^that.

It's a horrible emotional experience no matter what.
    I don't get why Dontnod felt that this is necessary.

I chose to save Arcadia Bay. One reason for it was the dialog with Chloe leading up the decision (and starting at the screen for a while) and the other was that I have lost some dear friends witch I have loves during my lifetime, even though as hard as it is I wound that thing would be best being the way they are given actually having them alive would have a lot of unforeseen consequences of witch some would not be beneficial to other people. I think the game does a great job with the hurricane as a metaphor for a very negative event that happens when you mess with time.

The personal nature of this choice made me spend some hours in bed just think and only getting four hours of sleep before waking up to my cellphone when I was dreaming about Life is Strange, and the alarm being an SMS from someone warning me of things to come... that brain of mine.... jeez.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFrog View Post
    ^that.

It's a horrible emotional experience no matter what.
    I don't get why Dontnod felt that this is necessary.
    Maybe too offtopic but I think dontnod lost the touch with the story during all this time changing. It begins as a tale about two freinds and end up in an epic all touching question "what happen´s if someone alters the reality". I for me wish they got more focused about to save Chloe the right way not alone her life also her soul who got damaged after the death of her father. Over the journey we see how hard the stuck in the past and cant forgot or see the "wonderfull gift of sweet memories" her father left like her mother says. So my first impression (during the first episode) was that:

The first one was I think Chloe was the Storm that destroys Arcadia, she is so angry, so embittered, so sad about her life and the death of her father and her personal situation. She talks "...to nuke Arcady Bay to glas..." and such things. From this point on I think there are only two ways to save arcadia...Chloe must Die at the end to save arcadia bay or you can bring back the sparkle of life in her soul and she can left the past behind so (her grief) the storm ends.
    but realy to "ot" here, only some small toughts.

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Maybe too offtopic but I think dontnod lost the touch with the story during all this time changing. It begins as a tale about two freinds and end up in an epic all touching question "what happen´s if someone alters the reality". I for me wish they got more focused about to save Chloe the right way not alone her life also her soul who got damaged after the death of her father. Over the journey we see how hard the stuck in the past and cant forgot or see the "wonderfull gift of sweet memories" her father left like her mother says. So my first impression (during the first episode) was that:

but realy to "ot" here, only some small toughts.

"but I think dontnod lost the touch with the story during all this time changing. It begins as a tale about two freinds and end up in an epic all touching question "what happen´s if someone alters the reality". "

Sigh you didn't see E3 2014 presentation or EGX London right? the whole alter time reality thing its planned from the beginning!

Anyway I chosed to save chloe first then arcadia bay and again re copy savefiles lol save chloe again. I think its perfect ending aimals alive and eco system normal and they togheter leave arcadia bay for good and start new life.And probably max is remained more to older/original "concept" self (hipster shy girl) in this ending than arcadia bay ending.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 21st Oct 2015 at 11:47.

I played with my friend and she me to pass gamepad to her, to press "x" by her own hand. Both of us hated that .
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 21st Oct 2015 at 11:47.

the whole alter time reality thing its planned from the beginning!
    Okay I think its my bad english...I know it...ähmm new try. I know that the whole alter time reality thing is a basicly part of the game but it is there to tell a story? Or it is there to tell us how bad it is to alter time? And there I am not sure what dontnod want to tell us. During the first 4 episodes it seems its a storymechanik, wich when you overdo it (like save chloes father) it had terrible outcomes. But with the 5th episode I think its didnt matter what we do in the story "nice try player but to change time is such an evil thing the only way to repair it is to kill someone" and that is the point where think dontnod lost the focus off the game. Cant say it better. There are enough examples out in the first few episodes that makes clear its bad to play with time, but to end it with this statment feels wrong bcs. we allready know it. The end (in my eyes only) should be arround the relationship from Max and Chloe not to let her die again or let Arcadia Bay goes to hell.

Exactly that. I mean, Max has her memories even if she re-set the timeline. The rewinds have made her a more experienced, more grown-up person. But sadly she is now a very lonely person because the has memories she will never be able to share with anyone plus she had to kill her closest friend.
    I'm really lost here. I have no idea what the point is of the whole experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WazzuMan View Post
    I'm feeling like people are oversimplifying the ending or focus too much on it instead of the journey and experience Max and Chloe had. I have so many thoughts on this that it'll take me some time to organise but here's the short version. I chose to let Arcadia Bay die, I didn't make the choice lightly, I didn't decide right away and I didn't do it for a single reason. There are actually a number of layers to that lead me to this choice.
    It was really hard for me, I had really strong connection with Chloe, too, and and I hated to do that but I can't be responsible for ending lives of thousands innocent people. That's horrible and I could never do that, no matter how great an experience I had and how great friend is the one I need to sacrifice.

Looks like people don't understand video game creating... it would be more difficult to create such storyline to make 3-4 endings with different choises with multiple storylines etc... that game would require like 6 year to develop or more it would be never done, ahh and yeah TONS of money. Anyway this is why I like this type of endings because everybody have a different imagination how the main characters story,adventure would continue.

@ PinkFrog I cant say it better...I lost the touch with Max and Chloe in both endings bcs. to end a game it´s simple, but to end a charakter like this seems shortviewd...dont know if it´s right in english. It feels to save Chloe and to sacrevice Arcadia Bay was ever not realy an choise the outtake is too short compared with chloes funeral...I dont want to say my view is the only right one or only the best one or so...I simply try to find a reason for either choice and I realy dont find one (out of the journey).

Exactly that. I mean, Max has her memories even if she re-set the timeline. The rewinds have made her a more experienced, more grown-up person. But sadly she is now a very lonely person because the has memories she will never be able to share with anyone plus she had to kill her closest friend.
    I'm really lost here. I have no idea what the point is of the whole experience.
    the game is about: "To let things go and build future"

Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    Looks like people don't understand video game creating... it would be more difficult to create such storyline to make 3-4 endings with different choises with multiple storylines etc... that game would require like 6 year to develop or more it would be never done, ahh and yeah TONS of money. Anyway this is why I like this type of endings because everybody have a different imagination how the main characters story,adventure would continue.
    Looks like ppl don´t understand storytelling...bla bla...you dont need to waste TONS of money if you think about what you do and dont just do anything to end it bcs. its terrible sad or terrible wrong. The game was more then that, it was terrible sad in other episodes so...maybe try a smarter outcome and dont rewind to the begining.

I don't want multiple storylines. I just wanted to make my choices count. Even if we couldn't make a final choice, I would have been happy if at the end Chloe did something different because I, say, wasn't nice to her, so it will end another way.

the game is about: "To let things go and build future"
    That simple, huh? I'm pretty sure that there's more going on than that, sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    I don't want multiple storylines. I just wanted to make my choices count. Even if we couldn't make a final choice, I would have been happy if at the end Chloe did something different because I, say, wasn't nice to her, so it will end another way.
    "I just wanted to make my choices count"
    that is multiple storylines... example you chose to kill pampidou and I'm not, you chose to help david, I'm not help him then the game goes multiple stoylines because everything have a consequences and the game creators need to make that and that is money and time a lot of time. And this is just 2 choises the game would be too complex it cant be done that way.

That simple, huh? I'm pretty sure that there's more going on than that, sorry to say.
    It is, that's why they maked the alternate reality when chloe father was still alive..you can clearly see its best to not change the past, and let things go. And this goes to the 2 endings too its perfectly fits. If you let things go to let chloe die then timeline is restored to the original what would be. If you choose chloe and let arcadiabay go, max is choose again to not or never use her powers again and let things go (this time arcadia bay) they together left arcadiabay to start new life THE GAME is SIMPLE and EASY.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 21st Oct 2015 at 12:46.

No doubt, this theme does exist.
    But there are others, too. No? You make it sound that that's the main theme. I don't see it like that.

I chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay because #BaeBeforeBay! Lol.

In truth, I chose to save Chloe because I felt like changing the past again wouldn't have made anything different. Did Max really prevent the storm by letting Chloe die? Maybe. Maybe Not. We don't get to see what happens after the funeral, so maybe the storm STILL happens and Max's goal was to warn everybody.

THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW.

Besides, my head-cannon suggests that David went around collecting everyone and took them to the Dark Room.

"I just wanted to make my choices count"
    that is multiple storylines... example you chose to kill pampidou and I'm not, you chose to help david, I'm not help him then the game goes multiple stoylines because everything have a consequences and the game creators need to make that and that is money and time a lot of time. And this is just 2 choises the game would be too complex it cant be done that way.
    I made exactly the choices you said. I was fine with how it was dealt with the choices in the previous episodes, I just expected that it will differ at least a little in the final episode, in the very end at least.

6 years!? I doubt it would take half the time. You can't claim choices matter on a game when they don't.
    Endings I don't care about as much. They can still change the story with what you choose. You make it sound impossible..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast