Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 130

Thread: Formal Request for Another Ending

  1. #101
    I am not going to be surprised if they will do something about this if the community as a whole stands together on this, like with the petition that was launched and the trash talk regarding Dontnod will be kept to a bare minimum, and ME3 references erased from the archives, as I understand that ME3's ending (witch promised a different out come to the war based on you actions) is nothing similar to LiS's ending, even the games are nothing alike.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Win...its a big word. If win means some of my choices had an impact at the end...yes because thats why I play such games. If win means anything must end good...no. I dont need to win.
    Well, that's a basic need of a player. Did you kill someone? Extra 100 points. When we play games, we usually want the beeping screen YOU WIN! in front of us. If you understand what I mean.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    Umm...

    https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrangeES/...16792623755264

    Notice how the official Life is Strange twitter account has favorited this tweet?
    I just hope the person running that account doesn't get reprimanded over this. I wouldn't read too much into it, as they may just be making the twitter rounds, favoriting everything even vaguely complimentary of the game...

    But you never know.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Well, that's a basic need of a player. Did you kill someone? Extra 100 points. When we play games, we usually want the beeping screen YOU WIN! in front of us. If you understand what I mean.
    Sure...but I think noone plays LIS bcs. he can win, or on the other hand everyone who plays the first episode must notice that this game isn´t about highscores. So I need to know what you mean with "win" in LIS relatet things bcs. you say the ppl dont like the Endings bcs. they cant win.

    Ah, I see why some of you are dissapointed with the ending. This game goes against players' need to win.
    I always though the ppl didn´t like the endings bcs. the lack of information and the lack of gamedecisions who count during your final binary option not bcs. they need to win the game. And thats why I (for me) neet to know how you would define win bcs. there are two sides of one medal (for me).

    Like I say, if my choices from the game had any impact in the ending so I can see what I did, this is a form of winning for me. An always good ending who all are happy isnt needet and that dont mean winning to me in a games like LIS. So I think yes even if LIS had no highscores/points/xp or so I can win this game if it reflect some of my choices because I did what I did in the hope I can change something importand not its all burned down at the end. The Last question sacrifice Chloe/sacrifice Arcadia worked prefectly well right after the first (restroom scene) and I dont need to play the game for it...

    uhhh...hopes that comes the right way...if not I try again

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Sure...but I think noone plays LIS bcs. he can win, or on the other hand everyone who plays the first episode must notice that this game isn´t about highscores. So I need to know what you mean with "win" in LIS relatet things bcs. you say the ppl dont like the Endings bcs. they cant win.



    I always though the ppl didn´t like the endings bcs. the lack of information and the lack of gamedecisions who count during your final binary option not bcs. they need to win the game. And thats why I (for me) neet to know how you would define win bcs. there are two sides of one medal (for me).

    Like I say, if my choices from the game had any impact in the ending so I can see what I did, this is a form of winning for me. An always good ending who all are happy isnt needet and that dont mean winning to me in a games like LIS. So I think yes even if LIS had no highscores/points/xp or so I can win this game if it reflect some of my choices because I did what I did in the hope I can change something importand not its all burned down at the end. The Last question sacrifice Chloe/sacrifice Arcadia worked prefectly well right after the first (restroom scene) and I dont need to play the game for it...

    uhhh...hopes that comes the right way...if not I try again
    People's attitude towards the end does reflect how the major AAA games have been made in the last 20 or so years, you are required to beat the game on the highest difficulty possible with the highest possible score. "Winning" Life is Strange is like winning This War of Mine where the objective is to get though to the other end of the civil war, and where the most difficult things in the game (at least for me) are the moral decisions, do I steal food so I can live, do I risk the life of one of my characters to save this girl, etc, etc.

    I also have a gut feeling people don't like the uncertainty when playing through the game for the 1st time, there are no right answers and you can't predict the outcome of your actions.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    But that's unfair in my opinion because no movie adventure game made your choices really count. In fact, I think LiS did it the best. Look at at Telltale. A choice makes like one dialogue change. In LiS are almost completely different conversations depending on your choices. And her life will continue differently depending on what you chose, for example if Max fell in love with Warren, she will fall in love with him in real reality (I am pretty sure he won't resist ). And so on.

  7. #107
    People's attitude towards the end does reflect how the major AAA games have been made in the last 20 or so years, you are required to beat the game on the highest difficulty possible with the highest possible score.
    Ooookay my fault. I dont play games like this bcs. real life had enought tough challanges so I play my games to relax *g* and not to beat the hardest enemy, be the best player or made a playthrough on the highes difficult level to be happy. So the classical winning wasn´t in my mind, and I dont understand that ppl who are used to win, will miss that in LIS

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Ooookay my fault. I dont play games like this bcs. real life had enought tough challanges so I play my games to relax *g* and not to beat the hardest enemy, be the best player or made a playthrough on the highes difficult level to be happy. So the classical winning wasn´t in my mind, and I dont understand that ppl who are used to win, will miss that in LIS
    You should look up some "rogue" type of games, those can have some interesting things in them , like Dungeon of the Endless or Darkest Dungeon. I'll also mention James Recommends (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qhGuI4mFYcIm4V), there are some very interesting games there. There is no need to despair.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  9. #109
    I played arround a little bit with Darkest Dungeon and I didn´t like it at all (or at the actual status). The hire ´n fire mechanic of the game beat´s me out. I (<- me) dont need to win the dungeon but the game force me to do this bcs. I dont got not enought money to keep my heros sane and alive if I surrender. My uper class heroes cant go back to lower dungeons, may lower heroes arent worth it that you spend thousend of coins only for "drinking" (praying and so on) bcs. they are mad allready. Thats too heavy for me *g* It was fine until my heroes reach the 4th lvl, after it I only struck and had to abandon each dungeon or lost the whole crew.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    I played arround a little bit with Darkest Dungeon and I didn´t like it at all (or at the actual status). The hire ´n fire mechanic of the game beat´s me out. I (<- me) dont need to win the dungeon but the game force me to do this bcs. I dont got not enought money to keep my heros sane and alive if I surrender. My uper class heroes cant go back to lower dungeons, may lower heroes arent worth it that you spend thousend of coins only for "drinking" (praying and so on) bcs. they are mad allready. Thats too heavy for me *g* It was fine until my heroes reach the 4th lvl, after it I only struck and had to abandon each dungeon or lost the whole crew.
    Sounds like this isn't your cup of tea. That game is ruthless to say the least.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    Agreed.
    idem!

  12. #112
    I shall link this here as well. Sorry about the "spam"

    https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...42384388173824

    I still believe in show and tell. Too much uncertainty, especially that shows out-of-character actions, is a bad thing. In my opinion.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    I shall link this here as well. Sorry about the "spam"

    https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...42384388173824

    I still believe in show and tell. Too much uncertainty, especially that shows out-of-character actions, is a bad thing. In my opinion.
    I have to agree here. You just can't justify everyone else simply dying or being non-existant anymore. What about Chloe's mom? What about all of Max' friends? Can you even justify an ending in which all of those factors are non-existant? I'm ok with CM moving on, sure, but I'm sad to see everyone else just...dunno...disappear. That means both of them are lunatics, the way they can act about it.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post
    I have to agree here. You just can't justify everyone else simply dying or being non-existant anymore. What about Chloe's mom? What about all of Max' friends? Can you even justify an ending in which all of those factors are non-existant? I'm ok with CM moving on, sure, but I'm sad to see everyone else just...dunno...disappear. That means both of them are lunatics, the way they can act about it.
    If you're thinking about it that way, then you should have never sacrificed Arcadia Bay.
    Last edited by Tataboj; 29th Oct 2015 at 08:18.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    If you're thinking about it that way, then you should have never sacrificed Arcadia Bay.
    And that is where I disagree. Who would do that? Would you really choose your 1 friend over all those other friends and family? Maybe, but unlikely, especially when you have the power to rewind (and not really suffering from it apart from the unresolved nose bleeds...I was expecting more out of those). It's just a very unnatural ending in my opinion. Since it's an opinion you can of course have another one, but this is mine. It doesn't make sense. It would only make sense in accepting your fate (defeat), but I guess after you did that you would be devastated by all the people you just "killed". So, again, I think either sacrificing Chloe (with the reason being apparent that this would save Arcadia Bay) or sacrificing yourself would be better. I would also not take the "Save Chloe" ending out, I'd just do it very differently...basically saving Chloe breaks Max. Maybe it still will, but you don't see it. But again, just my opinion.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    If you're thinking about it that way, then you should have never sacrificed Arcadia Bay.
    The Tornado was devastating, yes. There should be lots of casualties, yes. And I was totally aware, that I sacrificed many people, so Chloe could live at the end.

    But there should also be at least some survivors. Everyone dead seems a bit too unrealistic to me. It took some time for the storm to hit town. So some people might have escaped or hid in their cellars. IMO there should definitely be some survivors. I simply don't like, if such - in my opininon- vital parts of a story are bascially left up to our imagination. I like to have definite answers about who lives and who dies in-game and not make it up in my personal "fanon".

  17. #117
    I like to have definite answers about who lives and who dies in-game and not make it up in my personal "fanon".
    Very much this...at least Chloe will look for Joyce and (maybe even) David. Max I am sure will look for Warren and so on...simply think or state they are all dead but we dont tell it...ahh...no...bad style.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post
    And that is where I disagree. Who would do that? Would you really choose your 1 friend over all those other friends and family? Maybe, but unlikely, especially when you have the power to rewind (and not really suffering from it apart from the unresolved nose bleeds...I was expecting more out of those). It's just a very unnatural ending in my opinion. Since it's an opinion you can of course have another one, but this is mine. It doesn't make sense. It would only make sense in accepting your fate (defeat), but I guess after you did that you would be devastated by all the people you just "killed". So, again, I think either sacrificing Chloe (with the reason being apparent that this would save Arcadia Bay) or sacrificing yourself would be better. I would also not take the "Save Chloe" ending out, I'd just do it very differently...basically saving Chloe breaks Max. Maybe it still will, but you don't see it. But again, just my opinion.
    I have the same point of view, but as you can see, 50% did sacrifice the entire town.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post
    And that is where I disagree. Who would do that? Would you really choose your 1 friend over all those other friends and family? Maybe, but unlikely, especially when you have the power to rewind (and not really suffering from it apart from the unresolved nose bleeds...I was expecting more out of those). It's just a very unnatural ending in my opinion. Since it's an opinion you can of course have another one, but this is mine. It doesn't make sense. It would only make sense in accepting your fate (defeat), but I guess after you did that you would be devastated by all the people you just "killed". So, again, I think either sacrificing Chloe (with the reason being apparent that this would save Arcadia Bay) or sacrificing yourself would be better. I would also not take the "Save Chloe" ending out, I'd just do it very differently...basically saving Chloe breaks Max. Maybe it still will, but you don't see it. But again, just my opinion.
    I have the same point of view, but as you can see, 50% did sacrifice the entire town, so for the half of the people it wasn't unnatural choice.

  20. #120
    I'm a bit curious does it matter if the choices divide equally ?
    Last edited by KristaD; 30th Oct 2015 at 09:13.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by KristaD View Post
    I'm a but curious does it matter if the choices divide equally ?
    a) No, it doesn't
    b) People don't know what to expect from an ending and will do anything to save Chloe, I mean it's a game after all
    c) We don't even know if it's 50-50. Everyone here played through both endings (I guess), so does that choice count twice then? Or does only the first choice count. What if you start another playthrough with another save slot? I guess it counts as another made choice...so really I have no idea how the system even works.

    Most importantly, point b applies. It's a game. The question is would it be logical for a real person to act this way?

  22. #122
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post
    a) No, it doesn't
    b) People don't know what to expect from an ending and will do anything to save Chloe, I mean it's a game after all
    c) We don't even know if it's 50-50. Everyone here played through both endings (I guess), so does that choice count twice then? Or does only the first choice count. What if you start another playthrough with another save slot? I guess it counts as another made choice...so really I have no idea how the system even works.

    Most importantly, point b applies. It's a game. The question is would it be logical for a real person to act this way?
    I, for example, saved Arcadia Bay and then watched the second ending on YouTube.

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    I, for example, saved Arcadia Bay and then watched the second ending on YouTube.
    Alright, point taken. I invested the 2 minutes to watch the other ending in game. And I'd assume that's what most people do or will do eventually in another playthrough.

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post
    a) No, it doesn't
    b) People don't know what to expect from an ending and will do anything to save Chloe, I mean it's a game after all
    c) We don't even know if it's 50-50. Everyone here played through both endings (I guess), so does that choice count twice then? Or does only the first choice count. What if you start another playthrough with another save slot? I guess it counts as another made choice...so really I have no idea how the system even works.

    Most importantly, point b applies. It's a game. The question is would it be logical for a real person to act this way?
    I'm not sure if any logic would apply when it comes to choosing an ending, at least for me. Too much feely stuff getting in the way to put logic to good use. This isn't a math problem after all.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  25. #125
    This poll is quite telling

    http://strawpoll.me/5867245
    (If an Extended Cut/DLC was released for Life Is Strange, what would you want to see the most from the endings)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •