Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Formal Request for Another Ending

If I had to really change one thing, it would be ending. But I don't want to add anything to it, it just was too predictable for me.

Just when I found these unused audio files it really seems to me they wanted to make episode 5 longer than current

https://instaud.io/search?q=LiS_VO check this out guys there a so many unused audio files especially from Nathan hey should have more scene but they just cut it.

I also want just a polishing ending how they usually wanted to be but couldn't >.>
    Life is .. so not fair

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalXPredator View Post
    Exactly, I understand that too that they won't do a rework of the season 1 story. It only needs some polish for the ending. Nothing more and they said that they haven't got the time to finish the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending.
    Yes. This. A 1000 times this. We don't need a completely rewritten ending or additional endings. We don't need the endings to be changed content wise (= new outcome, etc.). I respect their artistic vision completely. But the existing ending (especially the sacrifice AB) needs a bit polishing. Said this in a steam thread as well. I like WHAT is presented at the ending but not HOW it is presented. And they could make it better with just a little bit polishing and fleshing out. the current way it is presented leaves to much room for interpretation at some points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    Yes. This. A 1000 times this. We don't need a completely rewritten ending or additional endings. We don't need the endings to be changed content wise (= new outcome, etc.). I respect their artistic vision completely. But the existing ending (especially the sacrifice AB) needs a bit polishing. Said this in a steam thread as well. I like WHAT is presented at the ending but not HOW it is presented. And they could make it better with just a little bit polishing and fleshing out. the current way it is presented leaves to much room for interpretation at some points.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXX View Post
    That's indeed a well made fan ending and something I was expecting as a "real" ending. That's what I was expecting if you made some "right" decisions throughout the game. Some characters do survive. Not everyone is dead and you get somekind of epilogue. Plus you have the optional kiss between Chloe & Max in the sacrfice AB ending as well. If you made some "wrong" decisions throughout the game or you romanced Warren the photo slide show should be a bit different of course [Kate is dead, Warren & Max are a couple, "Wrong" decisions lead to more casualties in the storm, etc.].

So this video is IMO a good example of how Dontnod could "polish" the current ending without a lot of work or resources. It could be implemented very easily into the game. And IMO still would fit to the artistic vision the devs had (well, there need to be some casualties in the storm nevertheless. If no one dies, the "Sacrfice" wouldn't be one at all).

The petition, btw, passed 4000 signatures. That's a lot of people.

I wouldn't mind if Warren and Brooke would end up with Warren if you choose not to be anything more than friends and talk to Brooke in the Vortex Club party. I think those 2 would make a cute couple.This would only happen is if you choose to end up with Chloe of course.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXX View Post
    This is what I want an epilogue that shows and reflect your decision's. Maybe not to much as in the video. Dunno it felt great for me since I love happy endings but this a bit to much no offense! But i love it, it's really great I was crying because it is so long since I saw a happy ending like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    The petition, btw, passed 4000 signatures. That's a lot of people.
    Yes it's amazing the community have reached.

By the way did anybody notice that earlier that if you play Life is Strange without making friends or prank them it doesn't matter 'cause everyone get wiped out so Max doesn't need to care they are leaving anyway OR you go back to bathroom like nothing happend Warren didn't know Max kissed him? xD

I know I am an ass ^-^ but this happend 'cause of my new playthrough

I would argue that Maxine cares from the starts, her actions and internal dialog (thoughts if you like) speak for themself. You how ever might see it all differently.

Quote Originally Posted by KristaD View Post
    I would argue that Maxine cares from the starts, her actions and internal dialog (thoughts if you like) speak for themself. You how ever might see it all differently.
    This and pretty much this

By the way did anybody notice that earlier that if you play Life is Strange without making friends or prank them it doesn't matter 'cause everyone get wiped out so Max doesn't need to care they are leaving anyway OR you go back to bathroom like nothing happend Warren didn't know Max kissed him? xD

I know I am an ass ^-^ but this happend 'cause of my new playthrough
    Nope that was my first tought (during the sacrifice Chloe epilog) that I (if I) made s second playthrough I dont had to care for everything. Handycaped found...? take the money Chloe...throw the bone on the streets to see little dogy´s die...I am in for it...! This end, for me killed the replayability of the game...almost instantly in the second I see this binary choice at the end. Ahhh okay...nice try to be nice but you dont have to.

Thats is the biggest disadvantage in the game. I want to play it again but...simply...why? I am ending up with the same bs...

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Nope that was my first tought (during the sacrifice Chloe epilog) that I (if I) made s second playthrough I dont had to care for everything. Handycaped found...? take the money Chloe...throw the bone on the streets to see little dogy´s die...I am in for it...! This end, for me killed the replayability of the game...almost instantly in the second I see this binary choice at the end. Ahhh okay...nice try to be nice but you dont have to.

Thats is the biggest disadvantage in the game. I want to play it again but...simply...why? I am ending up with the same bs...
    Hmm... I think is why I'm not playing this game for the second time from the start, once is enough, even though I failed terribly from time to time.

Cheers Tie.

This is what I want an epilogue that shows and reflect your decision's. Maybe not to much as in the video. Dunno it felt great for me since I love happy endings but this a bit to much no offense! But i love it, it's really great I was crying because it is so long since I saw a happy ending like this one.
    That's why an (official) epilogue slide show must be based on your previous decisions throughout the game. Taking the posted video as an example: Kate lives and managed to save some people of Arcadia Bay (because obviously Max warned her about the storm). If you let Kate die, there should be less survivors, as Kate couldn't lead them to a shelter. And so on and so on. So your decisions would matter at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    That's why an (official) epilogue slide show must be based on your previous decisions throughout the game. Taking the posted video as an example: Kate lives and managed to save some people of Arcadia Bay (because obviously Max warned her about the storm). If you let Kate die, there should be less survivors, as Kate couldn't lead them to a shelter. And so on and so on. So your decisions would matter at the end.
    Yes you are right it really need and I won't give up in hope that Dontnod will change/fix that, but it hurt so much I really want also to play it again and again and again
    but something is stopping me.
    I don't know but this game hits really on my emotions it's unbelievable, no other game since Dragon Age: Origins hit me like LiS did.

*moving to a corner, sit down and cry* ;(

Yes you are right it really need and I won't give up in hope that Dontnod will change/fix that, but it hurt so much I really want also to play it again and again and again
    but something is stopping me.
    I don't know but this game hits really on my emotions it's unbelievable, no other game since Dragon Age: Origins hit me like LiS did.

*moving to a corner, sit down and cry* ;(
    It truly did. While it had me, it had me. Episode Four, in and of itself, is the best time and money I spent on video games all year. The tone went from Steel Magnolias to Se7en so gradually that I didn't even notice it while it was happening, and nothing felt forced or false. That requires mastery that few games possess even at their best.

It's my own fault, I guess. If you display excellence, I'm eventually going to start expecting it. Silly me, right?

Ah, I see why some of you are dissapointed with the ending. This game goes against players' need to win. Just like in the movies and most of good stories, you don't win here. And you want the good ending. But that works only in RPGs - bad ending, better ending, neutral ending, funny ending, good ending. This doesn't work in movie adventure games.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPepsi View Post
    It truly did. While it had me, it had me. Episode Four, in and of itself, is the best time and money I spent on video games all year. The tone went from Steel Magnolias to Se7en so gradually that I didn't even notice it while it was happening, and nothing felt forced or false. That requires mastery that few games possess even at their best.

It's my own fault, I guess. If you display excellence, I'm eventually going to start expecting it. Silly me, right?
    Indeed this is so true I also was in a moment like "wait, what the ... how is that happening so fast?"
    I mean it just get you slowly and then just poof next stage. :O
    and you are not silly thats for sure.

But I don't know if you know "gronkh" a german let's player who played Life is Strange as well and he said in the end of ep. 5

I translate as my best:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0A2PSWbRO4
    "What I don't understand is, why did Dontnod just listed it as a five episodic game? This is for sure they had to work so fast, it would be better if they let the amount of episodes open start with one episode or just say episode one and just take their time for next episode and so on and let it go until they are saying okay makes no sense mor we need to make an end at episode 7 or for example ..."

And he also said "I will try to contact Dontnod or even Square Enix to do it for a season 2 *smiled*." Is a nice idea from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Ah, I see why some of you are dissapointed with the ending. This game goes against players' need to win. Just like in the movies and most of good stories, you don't win here. And you want the good ending. But that works only in RPGs - bad ending, better ending, neutral ending, funny ending, good ending. This doesn't work in movie adventure games.
    It's not about winning, at least not to me. It's about the lack of information I, as a player, get from the ending I chose. Sure, open-ended endings are fine, when you leave something to the imagination, which in my case is what happens after. But I want to know what happened before they drove off. Who died? Everyone? If so, tell us. Who survived? No one? If so, tell us. How much time passed between the tornado and the drive scene? Why didn't they stop? Where are they going? Where did Chloe get that ring? Why aren't there any emergency people, especially when the weather anomaly was national news. Did Blackwell get destroyed, even though it's far away from the coast.

I'm fine with leaving something to the imagination. But not this much. I just replayed the whole game from EP1 to EP5 and I have to say, EP5 was a disappointment. I don't want to say it, but that's how I feel. I loved this game. When EP1 came out, I bought two season passes (for myself and my wife) and 15 copies of EP1 for my friends. I raved about this game that it's my GOTY 2015. But now...

... I don't know.

It's not about winning, at least not to me. It's about the lack of information I, as a player, get from the ending I chose. Sure, open-ended endings are fine, when you leave something to the imagination, which in my case is what happens after. But I want to know what happened before they drove off. Who died? Everyone? If so, tell us. Who survived? No one? If so, tell us. How much time passed between the tornado and the drive scene? Why didn't they stop? Where are they going? Where did Chloe get that ring? Why aren't there any emergency people, especially when the weather anomaly was national news. Did Blackwell get destroyed, even though it's far away from the coast.

I'm fine with leaving something to the imagination. But not this much. I just replayed the whole game from EP1 to EP5 and I have to say, EP5 was a disappointment. I don't want to say it, but that's how I feel. I loved this game. When EP1 came out, I bought two season passes (for myself and my wife) and 15 copies of EP1 for my friends. I raved about this game that it's my GOTY 2015. But now...

... I don't know.
    Yes it is way to much this ending could meaning everything and as someone said "Only the artist/author can see it from his own side, but not the reader" something like that the guy who said that needs a god damn medal!

BTW: I changed the line from Chloe's statemant which get's the ending. "buh-ja Max you can f*** up time, rewind back and it's like it never happened." = Sacrifice Chloe ending

... I don't know.
    I am satisfied with my ending, though I chose to save Arcadia Bay. I was really angry when I finished Polarized but that was because I was too fixed on the choices. For example, when Max got to San Francisco, I didn't think for a second that she will stay there, because she needs to be in my timeline. My only big complaint to the ending is its predictability (and the nightmare was too long). Still, it is the greatest experience I've ever had with a videogame.

To those who contribute dissatisfaction with the endings to mere saltiness, I must ask: Why was the last episode of Telltale's The Walking Dead so brilliant?

It's guilty of many of the same things that the last episode of Life is Strange is: chief among them boiling the game down to one choice, and putting the player in a situation where they "lose" no matter what. Yet the last episode of The Walking Dead is a masterpiece and the last episode of Life is Strange is (widely viewed as) a failure. Because The Walking Dead was about the same things in Episode Five as it was in Episode One. The Walking Dead brings up a theme? It develops and explores it. The Walking Dead raises tangible questions? It answers them.

While I'm on the subject (not to derail the thread too much, but it ties back in, I swear): Know why I initially picked up Life is Strange? Because it was the first big, direct competitor to Telltale Games. Know why you never hear about horror novels that aren't written by Stephen King? Because King is so prolific and his reputation is so sturdy that he can carry the genre all by himself. The same thing with Telltale and episodic adventure games. I wanted to support competition because it breeds innovation. I don't want just Telltale making this kind of game.

Now, nine months later, what do we have? A heavily alienated fanbase. Lackluster reviews. A producer on the game crying about said lackluster reviews on Twitter to the extent that two of those critics actually called him on it. A co-director OPENLY AND PUBLICLY ADMITTING that he didn't have enough money to finish the game the way he wanted to. After all this, do you think any major publisher is going to invest in an episodic adventure game in the near future? Or are they going to come to the conclusion that Telltale has the market cornered?

I'm not worried for Dontnod. They have that Hot Topic Dishonored vampire game for Focus coming in 2017 so at least, for the time being, they'll be fine. But for developers like The Odd Gentlemen and A Crowd of Monsters (the guys making King's Quest and Blues & Bullets, respectively)? I'm terrified. Dontnod may have screwed this for everyone else.

I don't know if Dontnod will modify the endings. I don't know if Dontnod will release another DLC episode. I don't know if they'll eschew both of those things and bring Max back in Life is Strange: Season Two. I don't know if they'll do anything at all.

But whatever they do decide, I hope they think long and hard before they do it. This action will have consequences. Not just for Dontnod. And they may not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Win...its a big word. If win means some of my choices had an impact at the end...yes because thats why I play such games. If win means anything must end good...no. I dont need to win.

Umm...

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrangeES/...16792623755264

Notice how the official Life is Strange twitter account has favorited this tweet?

I think this is a good thing, maybe Dontnod will see the merits of making the end and choices like they where originally planned, to flesh out the "Sacrifice Arcandia" and hopefully add a 3rd choice.

Umm...

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrangeES/...16792623755264

Notice how the official Life is Strange twitter account has favorited this tweet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo1pVvm5Lxg
    Oh my gosh I ... I-I almost goosebumbs all over I am crying right now is ... is that a good sign?
    I love this community and I am part of it. ♥♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by KristaD View Post
    I think this is a good thing, maybe Dontnod will see the merits of making the end and choices like they where originally planned, to flesh out the "Sacrifice Arcandia" and hopefully add a 3rd choice.
    I really hope so, I really do if they see it and and will think about it, it would be the best year ever for me a 3rd option is optional but I would accept it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast