Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Formal Request for Another Ending

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Spread it allready under freinds
    Yeah, but perhaps reddit and even the... steam forums. It needs to be posted by someone with thick skin, so that surely isn't me

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXX View Post
    Petition for Life is Strange.Extended ending/additional content

https://www.change.org/p/dontnod-ent...ter_responsive
    BTW: Did you already post a link to the petition on the Steam forums? There's a lot of activity too, so I think many people will see it there.

ttp://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/#

I signed it. I hope we get that achievement.

Done!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630...3938431256577/

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    Yeah, but perhaps reddit and even the... steam forums. It needs to be posted by someone with thick skin, so that surely isn't me
    I dont care about what other ppl think about it so long they simply sign in *g* let the storm begin...and hopefully a few sign in.

Ah btw. I think a storm would help to keep the discussion up *g* so I don´t need to push it every day *g* eben bad publicity is publicity

Maybe I should say anything very stupid in the steam thread so eveybody rages out or must post a statement...

And also here I open a new Thread direct under Life Is Strange General discussion so the link and the petition wont get lost.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=182400

Mission done...wait for further signups

Done, you should post this on Reddit too.

Hmm, this is rather sad, actually.

https://twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/s...36158800711680

Yeha poetry and art compared to games...they never can undestand it bcs. you dont kill hordes of Aliens or humans and there is no highscore *g*

well, if you read their review, one of the reasons why Episode 5 's mark is low is because of its ending and final choices. And it affects the whole game, so sad indeed.
    Gamespot : " Final choices feel divorced from decisions you've made so far"
    IGN : "Binary ending"
    Last edited by Happy172; 24th Oct 2015 at 11:47.

@Happyl72

With that...they are right.

The german gamestar give it 85% I never think they will do that but...hey they do...so not all reveiws over the www. judge the whole series with only the final episode in mind.

I just supported the petition with 10 bucks.

It's unfair to judge the game just by the ending. I'm not totally satisfied with the last 20 minutes either but up to that point the game was great. A very unique experience.

BTW: When Mass Effect 3 came out, it was almost exact the opposite with the great gaming sites. They totally prised the game and almost completely ignored the controvers ending in their reviews. Now they give low reviews because of the ending? You should always rate something in it's entirety. In the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    It's unfair to judge the game just by the ending. I'm not totally satisfied with the last 20 minutes either but up to that point the game was great. A very unique experience.

BTW: When Mass Effect 3 came out, it was almost exact the opposite with the great gaming sites. They totally prised the game and almost completely ignored the controvers ending in their reviews. Now they give low reviews because of the ending? You should always rate something in it's entirety. In the context.
    That's unfair, totally, but it was predictable. Reviewers reacted "hot", probably shortly after being disappointed by the ending, while if you take time and look back, LiS is a wonderful piece of art, story, and characters-wise. Dontnod probably did not have the opportunity to create something else than "simple" endings, short on ressources and timing, under pressure of contracts, but it could not pass the border unnoticed, and it was a shot in the foot.
    LiS deserve great reviews for the whole thing, with addition of constructive criticism as to why the ending ruined the experience for some, so that it can be improved.

See, that's a line of defense that's been popping up that I just don't get. They say they ran out of money and time, and yeah, okay, I believe them. But that doesn't mean the time and money they did have weren't mismanaged to the detriment of the episode. A thirty minute dream sequence riddled with stealth sections and internet memes was prioritized over the ending of the game. Blaming Dontnod is not unreasonable.

And it is totally fair to dock a game dearly for its conclusion. Those endings were all it took for me to take it from a ten to a seven. From "The best game since Silent Hill 2" to "Yeah, it's good, but there are heavy caveats before you go in." The last thing you play is the first thing you think about, parting impressions are every last bit as important as first impressions, and those who say the journey matters more than the destination clearly never sailed on the Titanic.

Although to be fair, the endings to Life is Strange are better than the endings to Mass Effect 3, if for no other reason than that the different endings are, well, different endings. You're not choosing which color war criminal you want to be.

Now... Oh, what the hell. I signed it.

I do love the stuff people come up with It's a sign this game has passionate fans. This video also demonstrates how easy it would be to add more info on the actual ending, to provide closure. To show and tell.

This is an ending which I can deal with and use my own imagination further, because it gives me much more headroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    I do love the stuff people come up with It's a sign this game has passionate fans. This video also demonstrates how easy it would be to add more info on the actual ending, to provide closure. To show and tell.
    Yes this is really awesome I am totally speechless, just wow

Guys?

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...86830397001729

It's over.

I'm sorry.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been an honor.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPepsi View Post
    Guys?

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...86830397001729

It's over.

I'm sorry.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been an honor.
    Yes but you know what never surrender! There is still hope and together we can made it.
    He said that if he would do the game again he won't change almost anything. I understand that he wouldn't change the story but there is still hope he would polish the endings or at least "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" and he knows that.

This is what I still hope for.

I suppose that's that, then. If they're happy, we have to respect that.

Never ever give up and money talks.

I am not done with it. He only says he wont (mostly) change anything. The petiton at lowest target is for an better ending not a new one. Only a little bit polishing And if they realize they can make money with it, mybe not now in the heated phase but in a month or two or after the lettes arrive, they maybe change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Never ever give up and money talks.

I am not done with it. He only says he wont (mostly) change anything. The petiton at lowest target is for an better ending not a new one. Only a little bit polishing And if they realize they can make money with it, mybe not now in the heated phase but in a month or two or after the lettes arrive, they maybe change their minds.
    Exactly, I understand that too that they won't do a rework of the season 1 story. It only needs some polish for the ending. Nothing more and they said that they haven't got the time to finish the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending.

While a game have sucess, there it's always a chance of a second part/new edition show. We must show that the game it's great and we like it very much!

They better take their time with the next (if will be) one and not rush it out like some shovelware. Making a quality product takes time and planning.

I hope I won't see part two of Life is Strange for like a year or two given the fact how deeply the game effected me in the first place.

I would love to know how Maxine would fare after the ending of the game (no matter which one will be used).
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast