Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Formal Request for Another Ending

Quote Originally Posted by VixzerZ View Post
    I loved the Ending options, they were made to be heartbreaking like that, while there was a lot they did not explain it does not take away the wonderful ride, experience, emotions (even conflicted ones) I had through the game, so no, I just want to say here that I Do Not Agree that we need another ending, maybe a few additions would have been good to each ending though....

Just my two cents.
    There doesn't have to be a new ending, these two are very good ones already. But if they'd like to make more, I wouldn't object. I believe many people mix up the wish to expand these (at least the shorter one) with having a new one. Dontnod said they ran out of money and/or time (not directly, but heavily implied) and couldn't make the ending they wanted. This is what I want done. The ending(s) they originally wanted to do, without cuts.

Well, part of me wants this director's cut because everyone, from Dontnod, to us, to the characters themselves, deserve better than what we got.

Yet part of me doesn't want it, because not doing it will hurt them in the long run, and it won't be easy for them to pull anything like this ever again. Because make no mistake, Dontnod didn't sell this game. SquareEnix didn't sell this game. We did. We talked about it, we LetsPlayed, we bugged our friends. Our goodwill was the rock upon which they built their church, and that goodwill is vastly diminished after these endings. Like it or lump it, for a great deal of people, "From the Makers of Life is Strange" is less a selling point and more a warning label. You wanna live by the Shyalaman, you best be prepared to go broke by the Shyamalan. This action will have consequences.

And even a third part of me wants it more than anything because if they did release a director's cut, then... then that means... that they had to go back to fix a past mistake! Irony: It's not just what iron tastes like.

Yet part of me doesn't want it, because not doing it will hurt them in the long run, and it won't be easy for them to pull anything like this ever again.
    Right but...with that ending bcs. of runing out of money/time or even publisher forced give´s me a bad feeling about other games from dontnod in the futuer. I buy LIS, played it and be stuned by it for Episodes 1-4. Now the 5th is out and...you read it all over the www. at least it´s rated as "not so good"

Now I had to make the decission should I buy "Vampyre" or better wait until all episodes are out. Same sort of game...Idk atm realy. Not to fix it can damage them too...

I learnd now they need money BEFORE they go on with further episodes...but with LiS in mind I would prefere to wait until the last episode is done.
    Last edited by --TIE--; 23rd Oct 2015 at 11:31.

We can do a online petition or something like that for director cut or lis2 with same characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadiagamer View Post
    We can do a online petition or something like that for director cut or lis2 with same characters.
    I would sign it, with the option to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalXPredator View Post
    I would sign it, with the option to donate.
    I would sign too and maybe donate a few €. And I would even pay another €5 for an "improved ending". Something I usually wouldn't do, but I would do it definitely if Dontnod decided to improve upon the current ending.

LiS Season 2 with the same characters would be nice too, but before a possible season 2 might be worked on, we need a polished "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It just feels something is missing. Like it said earlier: All wee need is some polishing and improvements to the current "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending and I would totally be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    I would sign too and maybe donate a few €. And I would even pay another €5 for an "improved ending". Something I usually wouldn't do, but I would do it definitely if Dontnod decided to improve upon the current ending.

LiS Season 2 with the same characters would be nice too, but before a possible season 2 might be worked on, we need a polished "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It just feels something is missing. Like it said earlier: All wee need is some polishing and improvements to the current "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending and I would totally be satisfied.
    I just wish Dontnod would say something. All it would take for them is to either say "we're looking into it" or "We're done with the endings". That would be enough for me. I honestly just want some sort of response from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    I just wish Dontnod would say something. All it would take for them is to either say "we're looking into it" or "We're done with the endings". That would be enough for me. I honestly just want some sort of response from them.
    I hope (I know I am pretty naive) the longer it takes until they give us a statment (if they give us a statement) they only checking the options they have..yes/no/more money -> DLC or Kickstarter or anything like this. btw I think they wont choose a DLC bcs. they have to spend money bevore they make money too much risk with empty pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    I hope (I know I am pretty naive) the longer it takes until they give us a statment (if they give us a statement) they only checking the options they have..yes/no/more money -> DLC or Kickstarter or anything like this. btw I think they wont choose a DLC bcs. they have to spend money bevore they make money too much risk with empty pockets.
    I hope it too so you aren't naive then. <3

I am not alone *g* crossing fingers!

This seems like an official tweet from the devs

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...64347415289856

Realy...lol...sounds like a bad joke. Such a nice story and than their muse vanished at the end. Feels like "no comment" statement between the lines.

To be perfectly honest, at this moment I'd settle with a plain Q&A. If they cannot or will not touch the "Car ending", I'd like them to explain stuff. Something like this would be sufficient

Did everyone die?
    Yes

Why didn't they stop?
    They didn't want to face the devastation

Is Chloe safe from fate?
    Yes

What happens next?
    They're both alive and move on with their lives either as best friends or together.

This would be sufficient for me at the moment. I am really losing hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    To be perfectly honest, at this moment I'd settle with a plain Q&A. If they cannot or will not touch the "Car ending", I'd like them to explain stuff. Something like this would be sufficient

Did everyone die?
    Yes

Why didn't they stop?
    They didn't want to face the devastation

Is Chloe safe from fate?
    Yes

What happens next?
    They're both alive and move on with their lives either as best friends or together.

This would be sufficient for me at the moment. I am really losing hope.
    ...... me too.

IMO the statement doesn't say a lot. All I get from it is, that the main plot/outcome was planned all along. Nothing on specific details (of things which might have been changed/cut/added) here.

As I said many times before, my personal problem is a lack of content/closure/explanation in the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. Not the final choices themselves or how they played out at all. So, I don't have a problem with the statement by the devs and can accept that it has been their vision all along.

Nevertheless I still think that a polished and improved "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending is needed. It really feels like they ran out of time and had to cut a few things. So I'm still hoping for at least some minor additions in the near future.

For me its a little bit from both. The simplest thing to fix is the "save chloe" ending and give it a little bit more content and LiS-Soul-Feeling. What´s not so simple, I reale tought my decisions I made over the game had an weight at the end and they had not.

With this in mind I wont buy such a game from dontnod again. Than its realy enought to watch some let´s play´s bcs. my own story or choices out of the game didnt mean anything.

What´s not so simple, I reale tought my decisions I made over the game had an weight at the end and they had not.
    Yeah. Of course that's an issue too. At least a few decisions should have mattered at the end. If they decide to expand upon the "Save Chloe" ending, I think they should show that some of the minor characters survived the storm. But who survived should be based upon our previous decisions. This way the ending would add some closure to several minor characters and take some of our previous actions into account.

Petition for Life is Strange.Extended ending/additional content

https://www.change.org/p/dontnod-ent...ter_responsive

I kinda took (much) time to write a proper/alternate way to present the endings here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630...3938427543245/
    If you want to take a look and give me your opinions (it's quite long, sorry, I explained how/why I weighted things for variations)

You can also find it here:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=182373

Now you can help to achieve the "notice me DONTNOD-senpai" feat of strength

Malkav0 @ steam my name is "Wasp" I saw you very well made post allready! I realy realy hope some officials from dontnod or square enix show up and give it a chance. I allready sink about 200 Euro in other kickstart projects (and I back only two atm) so I am ready to sink more / give more money for such an lovely ending like you create!

@ Ross42899
    I know its almost impossible but I hope for more than this two choices or endings but you are right at least the minor chars from the story should had a role in the sacrifice arcadia end...like Malkav0 make it in his post.
    Last edited by --TIE--; 23rd Oct 2015 at 23:39.

Just signed the petition. I'm really hoping it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXX View Post

Done!

My vote and money is in the pot! thx for the link MCMLXX

Done!

My vote and money is in the pot! thx for the link MCMLXX
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXX View Post

Also, perhaps this needs to be shared a lot if one wants to have an impact of any kind.

Spread it allready under freinds

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast