Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Formal Request for Another Ending

Formal Request for Another Ending

This is a thread I put up to see whether other people would like Dontnod to release another ending. It wouldn't have to be an ending accessible to everyone. It could even be a secret ending, which you only get if you make all the right choices. (Perhaps such a secret ending already exists.) But if another ending doesn't exist, please, Dontnod, release one, or at least release modding tools to allow one to be made, 'cause currently it looks like my choices didn't matter. It's like Mass Effect 3 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Parbruek View Post
    This is a thread I put up to see whether other people would like Dontnod to release another ending. It wouldn't have to be an ending accessible to everyone. It could even be a secret ending, which you only get if you make all the right choices. (Perhaps such a secret ending already exists.) But if another ending doesn't exist, please, Dontnod, release one, or at least release modding tools to allow one to be made, 'cause currently it looks like my choices didn't matter. It's like Mass Effect 3 again.
    I love how 9 out of 10 comments I see people making about LIS right now is about how bad the endings are. I really can't believe this happened. Mass Effect 3 was probably the last story I really let myself get invested in.....and now LIS. The same freaking thing happens again. Some confusing unclear ending that explains nothing...contradicts itself...and makes nothing we did matter.

I just don't like the "Choices Matter" theme... and it comes down to the ending... our Choices didn't matter at all.

In Ending #1, 90% of the choices you made have to do with people who are now dead and it doesn't matter.
    In Ending #2, pretty much ALL of the choices you made have been "retconned" in-game and no longer have any meaning.

So... "Choices Matter"? Not really. It all comes down to Blue Pill/Red Pill ending and I'm kinda disappointed that this happened again, after the uproar over Mass Effect 3. Surely the guys at Dontnod heard of Mass Effect 3 and how that ending went down. I can't even begin to understand why they'd do the same thing (basically) here.

It isn't that I dislike or hate the game, I really don't... but giving us Butterfly Effect and giving us big huge "This action will have consequences..." after many decisions and then at the very end going "nope, none of that stuff is gonna change the ending" is like a slap in the face almost.

I could go through the game a 2nd time, and make the opposite choices, and the ending would still boil down to the exact same Blue Pill Or Red Pill ending.

That's what I have against the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Corinth View Post

I could go through the game a 2nd time, and make the opposite choices, and the ending would still boil down to the exact same Blue Pill Or Red Pill ending.

That's what I have against the ending.
    I agree!!

I'd pay for an epilogue DLC, even for a "3rd ending" DLC.

+1 simply thats it *G*

Supported

Well...

You have to think about what this entails. Making a Director's Cut would imply that DontNod made a mistake with what they did, and they'll most likely raise the "artistic integrity" flag, which certainly is their right. That, or they'd admit that they didn't have the time or the resources to do what they really wanted to do, which reflects quite poorly on SquareEnix, who, y'know, would have to pay for and distribute this content. Do I think DontNod would put themselves and their publisher in that position? No, I don't think they would.

On the other hand...

The thing you may not have noticed about SquareEnix? They're SquareEnix! They tried to get us to Augment Our Pre-Orders not too long ago. Would I put, say, a special Director's Cut version of the game for the retail disc version past them? No. No I wouldn't. They might take the villain jacket to goose sales of the disc.

Because the thing is, DontNod soiled the bed. And I'm pretty sure they know it. Because remember the Mass Effect 3 brouhaha? The event that made the entire BioWare faithful start drooling, twitching, baking cupcakes and sending death threats? Well, Life is Strange supporters have done the one thing that is truly, truly worse than that.

They've gone quiet.

I've been perusing the internet since the episode came out, and the reaction hasn't been theatrical, or loud, or even particularly all that venomous (though there has been some theatricality, loudness and venom to be sure). It's been muted. Muted doesn't sell merchandise or retail discs. Enthusiasm has just... tapered off.

What I'm saying is this: There is, like a painfully low chance of what you're proposing coming to pass. But a painfully low chance is still a chance. Until we get news on the retail release, we aren't out of the woods.
    Last edited by JohnnyPepsi; 22nd Oct 2015 at 11:12.

They kinda did admit they ran out of budget and time. That is listed as one of the reasons the other (my preferred ending) is shorter and seem to be missing something. I really hope they'll be able to do that ending the way they really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    They kinda did admit they ran out of budget and time. That is listed as one of the reasons the other (my preferred ending) is shorter and seem to be missing something. I really hope they'll be able to do that ending the way they really wanted.
    It's the darnedest thing, though. They had extra time to work on it, yet if you hadn't told me, I would have sworn it was rushed. Maybe Mass Effect 3 isn't the apt comparison. Maybe Duke Nukem Forever is.

Okay, I apologize for that last one, that was over the line, even for me.

I totally agree!

I agree.....The "save Chloe" ending was very short and INCOMPLETE. I hope they'll fixed it...somehow..

I sent them a tweet yesterday asking if the story was done or if there'll be any future DLC or additional content. They didn't answer, which was expected.

I do hope they'll make some sort of official statement at some point. Again, I'd pay good money if they went back to, at least, the shorter ending and expanded that a bit. It doesn't need much, even a few graphic slides might do the trick. They have the time to do that now.

Maybe a Kickstarter can bring enought money so they will work on at a directors cut version / extended 5th Episode!?

Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Maybe a Kickstarter can bring enought money so they will work on at a directors cut version / extended 5th Episode!?

I'd back that.

yeah me too. at least a game that worth it.

Absolutely, please make a new ending !!!!!, 100% will buy

Speaking of "secret" endings, I do like the idea that a "better" ending would be available only if you do certain things prior. And by prior I mean episodes prior.

Perhaps there could be survivors in Sacrifice Arcadia -ending based on your interaction with characters before the end? There are a lot of possibilities.

But in the end, the main thing I want is more stuff added to the endings, at least the Sacrifice Arcadia -one. It needs more content.

Personally I don't need an additional third ending. But I would love to see the endings expanded upon. Especially the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It felt a bit lackluster and short. Didn't explain enough for me. Lacks closure.

A few things I personally would love to see added to the ending:

- if you kissed Chloe earlier in the game, add a short shot to the final scene where the two kiss again [so at least the "kiss Chloe" choice would matter]
    - show us a few survivors of Arcadia Bay. It feels way too sad and dark that there are no survivors at all. [and IMO it's unrealistic too, that no one survived]
    - show us that at least a few of the minor/side characters survived.

And another user made a nice suggestion in one of the other forums. He suggested to add somekind of "epilogue photo slide show". This would be very easy to add and would add closure to some of the characters. You could show what happened to the characters (and even take some of our choices into account).

Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    Personally I don't need an additional third ending. But I would love to see the endings expanded upon. Especially the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. It felt a bit lackluster and short. Didn't explain enough for me. Lacks closure.

- if you kissed Chloe earlier in the game, add a short shot to the final scene where the two kiss again [so at least the "kiss Chloe" choice would matter]
    - show us a few survivors of Arcadia Bay. It feels way too sad and dark that there are no survivors at all. [and IMO it's unrealistic too, that no one survived]

And another user made a nice suggestion in one of the other forums. He suggested to add somekind of "epilogue photo slide show". This would be very easy to add and would add closure to some of the characters. You could show what happened to the characters (and even take some of our choices into account).

I agree.
    - I saved Chloe.I kissed Chloe.....Chloe is in love with Max.. but in the ending ...nothing happened. But instead If you kill Chloe...Max kiss her again.

- The town seems abandoned.. Where are dead bodies?..Where are survivors?
    C'mon!Someone must have survived! ................(Maybe... Joyce...David...Kate..)

Anyway.... Chloe and Max leave the town without searching for possible survivors?!!
    Last edited by MCMLXX; 22nd Oct 2015 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post

Expansion to the Sacrifice Arcadia -ending would suffice, if they would do it. It really needs something more. Please.

Yes. It definitely needs a few additions.

I know Dontnod isn't a big company, so they don't have as much resources as a big gaming studio, but there's no need for a complete overhaul of the ending or to change the actual outcome of the game or anything.

All it needs IMO is some polishing. A few extra shots showing some survivors. An optional kiss scene between Max and Chloe. Maybe an extra line by Max or Chloe talking about their future plans, etc. Just some minor additions so the end feels a bit more satisfying and adds closure. IMO this would be easy to add and doesn't need many resources.

I loved the Ending options, they were made to be heartbreaking like that, while there was a lot they did not explain it does not take away the wonderful ride, experience, emotions (even conflicted ones) I had through the game, so no, I just want to say here that I Do Not Agree that we need another ending, maybe a few additions would have been good to each ending though....

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by VixzerZ; 23rd Oct 2015 at 02:07.

lovley right <3<3

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast