Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Possible Spoilers] The First 27 Minutes of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Big Grin [Possible Spoilers] The First 27 Minutes of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ViXbnAHBQ

IGN just posted this today. I can't believe my eyes. I love next gen Lara.
    signature image

Oh my goodness, I really want to watch this, but I don't want to spoil any part of the game for myself.

I decided a while ago to stop watching videos - when all those 10-minute videos were being posted by various sites - I guess I better stay out of this thread now too while everyone talks about it
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Not...watching...this.....
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Relight-TRHQ View Post
    Oh my goodness, I really want to watch this, but I don't want to spoil any part of the game for myself.

I decided a while ago to stop watching videos - when all those 10-minute videos were being posted by various sites - I guess I better stay out of this thread now too while everyone talks about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I tried, but failed!!! I'm stoping here though. No more gameplay vids for me.
    signature image

Yeah, so... I'm totes watching this...

signature image

I'M SO EXCITED GUYS.

signature image

GUYS! I'm getting

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post

Also:

It was actually kinda nice seeing a cut scene. I don't mind being spoiled for early in the game. The game play isn't new.

Did anyone notice

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Also:

It was actually kinda nice seeing a cut scene. I don't mind being spoiled for early in the game. The game play isn't new.

Did anyone notice
    signature image

I'm not sure why we're tagging spoilers in what's obviously a spoiler thread, but anyway...

Must. Not. Watch.

I GIVE UP! I'M WATCHING IT!

Thanks for sharing, hun! <3

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I am not even tempted. Not relevant to PS4 at this point.
    Last edited by YardFowl; 19th Oct 2015 at 23:41.

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Must. Not. Watch.

I GIVE UP! I'M WATCHING IT!

Thanks for sharing, hun! <3
    <3
    signature image

signature image

well, watched it anyway. cant say it was anything really new besides the london part. but i just had to laugh every time how lara always slips down slopes and every single time can save her self right at the edge before the drop with her axe. not earlier; exactly at the edge, hanging over it.
    even more amusing is how century old wood in ice can still hold her when she lands on it. or at least long enough for her to escape. too many of this cliche like moments.

also, is it just me or does the rolling jeep look a bit like a stop motion?
    well, still, several months for me. if at all.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenlyfire93 View Post
    OMG=!

(click image to enlarge)

Thanks for the link, watching now
    I guess, most people might as well get used to watching this game on YouTube
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Smile

walking straight the game.... its pretty close to just being on rails. Had that feeling many parts last game. not a bad thing, loved Rambo the video game and a fan of rail shooters but maybe that is more the direction of the dev team since its easier?

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    walking straight the game.... its pretty close to just being on rails. Had that feeling many parts last game. not a bad thing, loved Rambo the video game and a fan of rail shooters but maybe that is more the direction of the dev team since its easier?
    Or maybe the person playing didn't stop to explore, which is quite common for these type of video's. Are you just ignoring everything the devs have said about the game to come to this conclusion its an on the rails shooter? It's really frustrating when people seem to do this.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I'm not sure why we're tagging spoilers in what's obviously a spoiler thread, but anyway...
    For us poor souls who are trying not to spoil anything but still can't resist going into this thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkiesXXV View Post
    I guess, most people might as well get used to watching this game on YouTube
    Honestly, I'm really sad for anyone who decides to just watch it on YouTube, because of the situation that it's not available on PC or PlayStation at launch. And I'm very surprised that I'm seeing people make comments that this is what they're seriously going to do. First of all, I can't watch gaming videos on YouTube. What a waste of time! I'd much rather be playing a game than just watching a game. Watching a game seems so pointless.

Secondly, for anyone who watches an entire game on YouTube, do they still play it themselves afterward? Or maybe, are they less likely to play it afterward?

The absolute worst thing would be "Oh look, Rise sold very poorly on PC and PS4, I guess there are no fans on those platforms." No, I think it's possible that a situation will be created with the potential to lose all those sales for many, many reasons.

Anyway, sorry to go kind of off-topic. But it's a very interesting discussion, the idea of watching games on YouTube, and it's even more interesting and very relevant in the context of Rise.
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

I doubt that anyone would watch an entire play through from start to finish, but a 20 minute campaign highlights video may be a possibility. I never would have watched the video posted in THIS thread, but owing to the release strategy nonsense, I did.
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Damn I was blown away with that apartment scene!

Quote Originally Posted by Relight-TRHQ View Post
    The absolute worst thing would be "Oh look, Rise sold very poorly on PC and PS4, I guess there are no fans on those platforms." No, I think it's possible that a situation will be created with the potential to lose all those sales for many, many reasons.
    With that scenario, everyone loses. Gamers lose, and SE and CD loses too. But honestly, this is worse for SE an CD than for the gamers itself (unless you're an hardcore fan and don't play anything else). There are plenty of games out there people can play. For some, this is just another game. Gamers can live without a specific game, but SE and CD can't live without players money. And this is why I think that this is far worse for SE and CD, than for the gamers.

I don't believe it will happen, but there's a chance for it to happen.

Getting to the topic, I Will not watch any gameplay video. Damn, even the games I am most hyped, I just watch one, two videos max. For a game that'll release on my available platform in one year, I couldn't care less about gameplay vĂ*deos. And even if I watched it, I would most likely forget it till I buy the game.

I fear most to forget about the game itself in a year, than watching gameplays lol
    SE will have to work hard to keep me interested in this game next year (even though, I won't buy it day 1 year after original release. Probably +1 year and a half or +2 years.)

Another note. This is obvious a spoiler video. Why people complain about it? Is there someone pointing a gun at your head?

Did anyone see the business card of Kennard Montez from the novel also? He might make an appearance in the game I guess. I bet Ana had something to do with Richard's disappearance or death, and will become a main antagonist for the next game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast