Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Cheating in Nosgoth?

Cheating in Nosgoth?

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    Some small footage from me why hitreg sucks a few month ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y86LJa0mUJw
    Could you tell if this could be an aimbot? Probably not.
    THIS! This is a disaster and a real problem. Facing it all the time. Wrote a few posts about that, but still can't figure out why ppl so rare complain on this issue. I think, this should be in priority in outcoming fix-patches. In order to stop possible objections: 1) it's not depends on ping 2) it's not depends on map or server (but with a little correlation) 3) it's not even depends on shooting u or going melee as a vamp. Just 3/5 hits are not registering.

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    THIS! This is a disaster and a real problem. Facing it all the time. Wrote a few posts about that, but still can't figure out why ppl so rare complain on this issue. I think, this should be in priority in outcoming fix-patches. In order to stop possible objections: 1) it's not depends on ping 2) it's not depends on map or server (but with a little correlation) 3) it's not even depends on shooting u or going melee as a vamp. Just 3/5 hits are not registering.
    Hitreg is kinda up in this game. Complete mags just get soaked into nowhere if you don't release mouse1, abilities just dissapear like charged melees lately with the newest patch. Client-side hitreg is a joke with choke/loss even on constant 20ms, no interpolation, no interp. I thought the maintenance today fixed this? Forcing me to play ranked on NA-server with 100+ ping which makes me miss half my shots as scout/prophet and it feels like loosing half the packets as vampire so you just get bursted down from full to half in 0,5s without even the possibilty to react to it. Scout is peeking for me? I pop illusions and get the full dmg off even if i predicted it a second before why not. I wonder about the tickrate if you can just puncture and throw your mouse to do a 360 and still hit almost everything within a shockwave range around you. Just try it... always works
    Last edited by Bazielim; 27th Nov 2015 at 21:28. Reason: tou #3 - bad language

It's rather sad but knowing how easily hackable this game is makes me concentrate on trying to figure out who's cheating each match... FIX the damn player view & HP \ Ability CDs in NOSCAM!

Nosgoth Cheater

Hi, i want to inform you that the player named <name removed> use some sort of aiming BOT...
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 1st Dec 2015 at 19:46. Reason: Naming and shaming

I've run into many a suspicious player before, but most of them I couldn't get any solid evidence they were cheet'n, so chances are, they weren't

However, I've seen plenty of players who are spot-on, never miss an attack, always find you, ect...

Most cheaters play scout and Sen, for obvious reasons. The others will usually play hunter and occasionally, Prophet.

They don't play Alchemist or Vanguard, there's no reason to.

If you're wondering if he's cheating, try to "bait" him into cheating.

Often times, for botters, I'll turn 100% invisible as a Deciever and see if he takes the bait and shoots me. Sometimes it works.

I actually had a Hunter try to full-auto me from across the ruins in Freeport. When I called him out, he said he could "hear my footsteps and watched me go invisible"

Whats he got his volume on overdrive? Please...

I've also seen Tyrants do hairpin turns while charging, and I always thought it was because they barely hit a wall or something. I always thought the game limited your actual turn speed.

Then I watched a guy do it like, 3 times in one match, certainly strange.

The easiest way to tell is to try and get him to snap. On the vampire side, try to coordinate a pincer attack with a teammate, and then just toy with him.

I've had scouts 180 to me, then to my buddy, then to me, fire, then snap back to my buddy, then fire at him.

Needless to say, that ain't for real.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is....

It's not hard to sniff out cheaters, so long as you get some solid evidence of their *

If you can't, chances are he's just really good.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 2nd Dec 2015 at 22:39. Reason: tou #3

Page 2 of 2 First First 12