Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Patch Notes – 15th October 2015 - League Improvements- New Weapons, Skins & Abilities

Patch Notes – 15th October 2015 - League Improvements- New Weapons, Skins & Abilities

After losing a leagues match I lost 10 points (Lost: -11; Bonus: +1)

When you quit a running match u lose -4 points (max lost?!)

Can someone explain it? I dont see the logic

Originally Posted by AntiqueGod
    So lets go boya, now we are going to talk "no-skill abilities". Do you realise Nosgoth have a lot of no-skill abilities? You can even play with your gamepad like a console peasant.
    Pounce? Hold right mouse buttom and release, no need even to aim.
    Dominate Mind? Hold right mouse buttom, BOOM you got him.
    Summon stalkers? Press one buttom, boom you have two minions. Really high skill ability.
    I will stop here, because only high skill abilities are charge/marathon, abduct/kidnap, leap attack.
    Others abilities are easy, casual and was designed like for consoles.
    And about leagues, i dont really care. Solo leagues will always be cancer. Its not worth to even try tell your teammates what to do, because they will instantly start rage.
    I care only about team leagues, solo leagues are just for fun and farming occult items at this moment. Just like casual TDM.

Thanks man! I guess its okay, what kind of sound does it make?
    *wooosh* *woosh*

Still no balance/meta change patches ? Okay...Instead we get more useless chests

Originally Posted by MuShYRoOM
    After losing a leagues match I lost 10 points (Lost: -11; Bonus: +1)

When you quit a running match u lose -4 points (max lost?!)

Can someone explain it? I dont see the logic
    Its only visual bug, you are not losing any points

Im positive shadowstep got a silent nurf if so why .. you seem to travel a few metres at most and dead fish in the middle of the air its annoying enough to continue to play offspecs

Originally Posted by Blackdeathteal
    Im positive shadowstep got a silent nurf if so why .. you seem to travel a few metres at most and dead fish in the middle of the air its annoying enough to continue to play offspecs
    They eliminated inertia on shadow step - yet another change nobody really wanted.

Its only visual bug, you are not losing any points
    Unfortunately not..

I felt the same way when i saw the points allocation, but when i returned from the game I actually had 10 points less...
    I already lost 5 or 6 points too which wasn't a visual bug as well.

I remember that in the previous leagues you lost 14 points for leaving a game, which was the maximum loss,
    and i could imagine that the point allocation still works with maximum 14 points loss and only the leaver-penality was set to -4 points...

Just wanna say that the matchmaking is horrible at the moment, and removing the lobbies doesn't help one bit. Relative new players (don't wanna say Noobs) vs Eternal players... not a good balance

Originally Posted by Blackdeathteal
    Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    They eliminated inertia on shadow step - yet another change nobody really wanted.

Yes I noticed this last night too as a regular shadowstep user. It was already easy for most good players to shoot Reavers out of the air once they finished the invincible stage of the shadowstep, now post nerf, Reavers hang in the air even longer making you a sitting duck if you aim too high. (I usually aim high so I don't leave the fight, but now that just gets me killed).

I wouldn't mind so much if they :

1> decreased startup time for shadowstep
    2> allow earlier cancellation mid step
    3> cooldown length varies depending on how early you cancelled
    4> allow DMG buffs to affect all abilities (Spounce, Skick, Leap), not just melee.

This would result in a much more agile reaver who could use shadowstep for combat and not just a getaway trick.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Originally Posted by SirRudyMan
    Just wanna say that the matchmaking is horrible at the moment, and removing the lobbies doesn't help one bit. Relative new players (don't wanna say Noobs) vs Eternal players... not a good balance
    Help about lobby dodgers, no more wait 10 minuts with match almost start 20 time with people leaving last some second

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I dont see why they are so focused on nurfing Reaver to the ground. Shadowstep wasnt something that needed a nurf Puncture on the other hand
    Last edited by Blackdeathteal; 19th Oct 2015 at 01:31.

I noticed some fps improvements in the latest patch (finally!), but also it crashes now after every single league match again :/

EDIT: Today it stopped crashing, or crashes just sometimes.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 19th Oct 2015 at 22:09.

Howdy everyone,

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend. There has been much ado about the changes to Bulwark, understandably so as it does perform quite a bit differently to how it was initially intended. This is indeed a bug and we're working to address that.

As for Shadowstep, we're currently testing different scenarios, but it does indeed appear to be a bug. We're working on that too.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

before u patch that in, how is Bulwark intended to work?
    (imo give it a wind up time (a delay) and guide sentinels around the area instead of knocking them down, shold be ok to slow them down ... if now a vamp enters the area, even if he see the wind up animation bevor the effect kicks in, its his own fault)

... and fyi I didn't see anyone using that skill on ESL last sunday, so Vanguard is probably still UP instead of being OP.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

As things stand, it should divert Sentinels away from the Vanguard, slowing them down in the process but not knocking them down. Neither should it knock down Vamps off of walls.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

But it should still stop charging tyrants? Rethink this pls ... Imo, a direct (frontal) charge should go through bulwark. (If you don't hit him frontal, you bounce off - so similar to walls).

Originally Posted by Swrods
    But it should still stop charging tyrants? Rethink this pls ... Imo, a direct (frontal) charge should go through bulwark. (If you don't hit him frontal, you bounce off - so similar to walls).
    I second this.

Originally Posted by Swrods
    I also agree with this.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Howdy everyone,

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend. There has been much ado about the changes to Bulwark, understandably so as it does perform quite a bit differently to how it was initially intended. This is indeed a bug and we're working to address that.

As for Shadowstep, we're currently testing different scenarios, but it does indeed appear to be a bug. We're working on that too.
    While you guys are at it ... there are some deceiver bugs that have been in the game for a long while now.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 20th Oct 2015 at 20:14.

Bulwark stopping a Charge remains ridiculous. Its "intended" use sounds fine though so hopefully that'll happen. And Shadow Step has obviously suffered...I don't use it myself but it does sound pretty lousy in whatever bugged state it's in now. Hope to see those fixed.

So lets go boya, now we are going to talk "no-skill abilities". Do you realise Nosgoth have a lot of no-skill abilities? You can even play with your gamepad like a console peasant.
    Pounce? Hold right mouse buttom and release, no need even to aim.
    Dominate Mind? Hold right mouse buttom, BOOM you got him.
    Summon stalkers? Press one buttom, boom you have two minions. Really high skill ability.
    I will stop here, because only high skill abilities are charge/marathon, abduct/kidnap, leap attack.
    Others abilities are easy, casual and was designed like for consoles.
    "CONSOLES ARE STUPID AND FOR PEASANTS, I PLAY ON A PC, I'M COOL!"

Yes, yes, we get it. Console players are peasants and PC players are disgusting Nazis - oops, I mean "master race". Honestly, when will you people grow up...
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 20th Oct 2015 at 22:14.

20. Srsly I like that the Bulwark can knock down Sentinels now and I am totally fine with it being the only thing that can stop a charging Tyrant. Yes I am playing Vanguard a lot, but I am also playing Sentinel a lot.

The problem that we are experiencing here, is the old lack of teamwork. You can easily distort a Vanguard from using Bulwark against Tyrants. You can use any AOE or Mindcontrol before charging in with a Tyrant or flying in with a Sent. Or as Sent just focus a Scout or someone else not near the Vanguard.

The amount of people not being able to use tactical thinking and rather fight on their own is too damn high!

Originally Posted by enkaku-silence-
    Srsly I like that the Bulwark can knock down Sentinels now and I am totally fine with it being the only thing that can stop a charging Tyrant. Yes I am playing Vanguard a lot, but I am also playing Sentinel a lot.

The problem that we are experiencing here, is the old lack of teamwork. You can easily distort a Vanguard from using Bulwark against Tyrants. You can use any AOE or Mindcontrol before charging in with a Tyrant or flying in with a Sent. Or as Sent just focus a Scout or someone else not near the Vanguard.

The amount of people not being able to use tactical thinking and rather fight on their own is too damn high!
    No the problem is its absolutely skill-less, everything else like bola,warbow and hex takes a degree of skill to land.
    Not just press f to drop and stagger a senti or tyrant.
    Also the devs said themselves that NOTHING should stop a charging tyrant,I would be fine with bulwark redirecting it but not stopping a tyrant dead in his tracks.

Originally Posted by enkaku-silence-
    The amount of people not being able to use tactical thinking...
    Funny you should say that. The problem many here have is that Bulwark doesn't require any tactical thinking.

I think Bulwark derailing a Kidnap or a Charge would be great. Makes it more tactical and makes Sentinel and Tyrant have to be more tactical too.

I think bulwark is broken now and so is the vanguard. There has to be something that bulwark can't stop. You can't just have a class that can deflect anything and everything.

My friend used it last night when two vamps were next to a wall and they got pinned between the wall and the bulwark and couldn't move. Needless to say the vamps died.

As it stands now vanguard seems to be the go to CC class for everything and that shouldn't be a thing.
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

I am queuing up/play against eternals, when i am silver. 3 weeks over and still no fix. Sad sad sad, dont release a broken code pls

/edit: vanguard op

Page 3 of 3 First First 123