Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes – 15th October 2015 - League Improvements- New Weapons, Skins & Abilities

Patch Notes – 15th October 2015 - League Improvements- New Weapons, Skins & Abilities

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Nosgoth is rated 18+. All guidance indicates that children should not be playing.
    Ok, is technically legal (even if we know they are for sure minor play nosgoth right now, technically is someone else fault, ok get it), but is not moral exploit this mechanism, some people develop a dependence and can trow away money without think rationally.

Chests are love, chests are life

*reading a brief mention of 'Matriarch of the Islands' in the background lore of these glowy skins. Puzzled, he rummages in the old lore trying to find a mention. Unable to find one he tries to search for one in anything new lore updates. Nothing to be seen. Finally in bafflement he turns to Square Enix and asks;* .....who?!

Great, let's just bring more gambling into the game. Reminds me of Gamersfirst and their business strategy in APB. Nice copy n paste guys, clap clap...(Atleast delete the boosters out of those pricey chests if u want to get people buying them. They feel like an insult winning, if u dropped that amount of cash on a chest)
    Last edited by Kulbinator; 15th Oct 2015 at 18:15.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    League Update
    League matches now launch directly into the game once a match has been found. You are no longer brought to the lobby while searching for the remaining players for a League match. We have done this to ensure a fairer matchmaking process for all players involved, which should lead to better games overall.
    I'm OK with removing the lobby, but not at this stage, the current matchmaking system isn't ready for it yet. It'll just throw you in a potato team against 4 Eternal players.

Fix the matchmaking system first before removing the lobby!

The reason why I dodge lobbies is because I do not want to have a 132 ping on damn EU servers. Can you please for the love of god clump all EAST players into ONLY NA matches? Let EU players play EU, and let NA players play NA. I hate rubberbanding the whole damn game and lose because of a garbage ping. It really is frustrating. Now we don't even know where we are queueing because we cannot see the server location. THANKS ALOT.

Originally Posted by ceppy_
    The reason why I dodge lobbies is because I do not want to have a 132 ping on damn EU servers. Can you please for the love of god clump all EAST players into ONLY NA matches? Let EU players play EU, and let NA players play NA. I hate rubberbanding the whole damn game and lose because of a garbage ping. It really is frustrating. Now we don't even know where we are queueing because we cannot see the server location. THANKS ALOT.
    Out of all people, you're the one to always complain about ping issues, eventhough you have the best internet of all nosgoth players. Not to mention Talespin plays ESL with a 120 ping and never seems to wimp about it, also you want NA only server, good luck finding matches during daytime (European). 80% of the playerbase is probably EU.

I must say the previous state of Bulwark was fairly sufficient. Now knocking-out sentinels and tyrants... Really ? Each time a vanguard is around and slightly reactive : abducting sent is dead. And unlike the warbow, this is totally a no-skill ability.

Originally Posted by riccetto80
    are not poor design, they work, some people will spend much more because of the slot machine mecanism.

too bad this is a game and we have also kids playing, is bad to apply this mechanism when is about a game and younger audience too.
    No, it's poor game design. It's good business design for money grabbers. Why not just do away with sales and the rest of the store entirely and put everything in chests? All skins, all weapons, all boosters. Just do away with gold too. Go hog-wild.

Major gameplay bugs still not fixed and the only method of selecting region has been removed. Who wants to play with 140+ ping when the netcode in this game starts rubber-banding and not registering hits at ~90ms?

Balance changes to Bulwark are both bad and omitted from patch notes.

Please address the bugs that have existed for months and give ranked a region select, because this patch didn't improve anything important; it actually made the game worse.

1. Forfeit system still bugged - I just played a game that didn't end despite being 3v4 the entire time. I'm GUESSING it's caused by the same thing as before - people leaving at 0 sec during countdown, because even when the lobby is invisible, everything else works the same.

2. On the other hand, when it does work I think it gives people too little time to reconnect. If someone experiences a crash they won't be able to relaunch the game and come back in 30 secs if only because synching everything on startup takes so much time.

[edit] I know there's no button to leave during countdown, but you can still close the game.
    Last edited by Ysanoire; 16th Oct 2015 at 01:20.

Originally Posted by -Shiro-
    I must say the previous state of Bulwark was fairly sufficient. Now knocking-out sentinels and tyrants... Really ? Each time a vanguard is around and slightly reactive : abducting sent is dead. And unlike the warbow, this is totally a no-skill ability.
    Also if you cancel the ability early, you can do this all the time because the cooldown is almost non-existent. It counters almost every vampire ability in the game with one simple button. It's the most broken ability which ever existed in this game with almost no counter-play...

Patch notes are sweet! I love the new lobby system and im glad the unbalanced match system is in place now but these chests are killing me. I love this game alot. I almost have 1000 hours and I LOVE to support you guys. I buy chests knowing that I gamble but this is ridiculous.

I have now spent $120 on chests with no skin! I bought 20 of the Human chests from first season and I just bought 5 of the new chests. I have gotten many mysterious and arcane weapons from the chest. An occasional molten item appears and a devils night viscous cannon but NO SKIN! I guess I must just be extremely unlucky.

I do like the murderous vampire fx but still most people are looking for skins out of the chest.

$20 steam card + left over runes = 5 new chests

1. Arcane Quick Pistols
    2. Thunders Call (New Scout Bow) looks the same as others
    3. Mysterious Quick Pistols
    4. Murderous Kidnap (cool blood fx)
    5. Mysterious Storm Bow
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

may be bulwark make as buff (like enrage, ignore pain, death shield, rousing cry, ie cannot be cancelled and full cd)
    Last edited by senjuj; 16th Oct 2015 at 07:41.

Hey look then devs added Vanguard in game, no one plays it in ESL or in serious game. New useless class. Okay lets give some advantage for Vanguard and buff bulwark. Now whole forums with sentinelsfanboys are starting to crying. (sentinels are still most OP class)
    Now Vanguard is good enought to play him in ESL scene.
    Everyone who is crying, just should learn to play its easy to counter. Just pickup deceiver with DM. Deceiver will focus Vanguard, while you can abduct anyone you want. Its all about teamplay.
    Originally Posted by Truckposeidon
    Patch notes are sweet! I love the new lobby system and im glad the unbalanced match system is in place now but these chests are killing me. I love this game alot. I almost have 1000 hours and I LOVE to support you guys. I buy chests knowing that I gamble but this is ridiculous.

I have now spent $120 on chests with no skin! I bought 20 of the Human chests from first season and I just bought 5 of the new chests. I have gotten many mysterious and arcane weapons from the chest. An occasional molten item appears and a devils night viscous cannon but NO SKIN! I guess I must just be extremely unlucky.

I do like the murderous vampire fx but still most people are looking for skins out of the chest.

$20 steam card + left over runes = 5 new chests

1. Arcane Quick Pistols
    2. Thunders Call (New Scout Bow) looks the same as others
    3. Mysterious Quick Pistols
    4. Murderous Kidnap (cool blood fx)
    5. Mysterious Storm Bow
    Can you please show blood fx? I wonder how it looks... devs didn't add any images in blog

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    this patch proves once again that there's no QA at all. never saw such a crazy dsync before. EU30xxxx. the warping/teleporting which wasnt nearly as bad as this the patch before was on EU30xxxx too. Maybe should check into them.
    The changes look good enough for me to at least re-download the game and fire it up, but good you guys are testing the waters for me first, so I dont have to deal with this quality QA work before I jump in and play -.-
    See you on Wednesday..maybe.

Originally Posted by AntiqueGod
    Hey look then devs added Vanguard in game, no one plays it in ESL or in serious game. New useless class. Okay lets give some advantage for Vanguard and buff bulwark. Now whole forums with sentinelsfanboys are starting to crying. (sentinels are still most OP class)
    Now Vanguard is good enought to play him in ESL scene.
    Everyone who is crying, just should learn to play its easy to counter. Just pickup deceiver with DM. Deceiver will focus Vanguard, while you can abduct anyone you want. Its all about teamplay.
    Hasty judgements and poor assumptions here, calm down please. Gifting the vanguard with a pure no-skill OP ability isn't the way to introduce the class into the ESL scene, and discussing that is in no way = crying...

So yes, you suggest to use DM... Indeed. Now try to explain that to people in league, for example. Teach them teamplay and reason to use DM (as you absolutely have to, to counter this ability). Good luck, let me know how it goes ; )

Anyway, an ability with only one counterpart is what I would call an OP ability : you HAVE TO get a DM deceiver in order to do something.

Can you please show blood fx? I wonder how it looks... devs didn't add any images in blog

Hasty judgements and poor assumptions here, calm down please. Gifting the vanguard with a pure no-skill OP ability isn't the way to introduce the class into the ESL scene, and discussing that is in no way = crying...

So yes, you suggest to use DM... Indeed. Now try to explain that to people in league, for example. Teach them teamplay and reason to use DM (as you absolutely have to, to counter this ability). Good luck, let me know how it goes ; )

Anyway, an ability with only one counterpart is what I would call an OP ability : you HAVE TO get a DM deceiver in order to do something.
    So lets go boya, now we are going to talk "no-skill abilities". Do you realise Nosgoth have a lot of no-skill abilities? You can even play with your gamepad like a console peasant.
    Pounce? Hold right mouse buttom and release, no need even to aim.
    Dominate Mind? Hold right mouse buttom, BOOM you got him.
    Summon stalkers? Press one buttom, boom you have two minions. Really high skill ability.
    I will stop here, because only high skill abilities are charge/marathon, abduct/kidnap, leap attack.
    Others abilities are easy, casual and was designed like for consoles.
    And about leagues, i dont really care. Solo leagues will always be cancer. Its not worth to even try tell your teammates what to do, because they will instantly start rage.
    I care only about team leagues, solo leagues are just for fun and farming occult items at this moment. Just like casual TDM.

Originally Posted by Louves

Thanks man! I guess its okay, what kind of sound does it make?

So lets go boya, now we are going to talk "no-skill abilities". Do you realise Nosgoth have a lot of no-skill abilities? You can even play with your gamepad like a console peasant.
    Pounce? Hold right mouse buttom and release, no need even to aim.
    Dominate Mind? Hold right mouse buttom, BOOM you got him.
    Summon stalkers? Press one buttom, boom you have two minions. Really high skill ability.
    I will stop here, because only high skill abilities are charge/marathon, abduct/kidnap, leap attack.
    Others abilities are easy, casual and was designed like for consoles.
    If you don't see the problem to compare these abilities with bulwark that instant knock-down and cancel some 'skilled' abilities (charge/marathon, abduct/kidnap, etc...) you just talked about, it's difficult to discuss the problem with you, 'boya'.

Do minions or take-off knock down the humans ?
    Is dominate mind a damage dealing ability ?
    Isn't pounce/savage pounce a risky one ?

And about these, they're very circumstancial. You can play them brainlessly, or with some skills and tactic. Bulwark on the other hand is just 'press X and enjoy your team killing the vampire'. If it's legit for you, let's buff the immolation of the alchemist, so it fires immediatly and knock-down the surrounding vampires.

And about these, they're very circumstancial. You can play them brainlessly, or with some skills and tactic. Bulwark on the other hand is just 'press X and enjoy your team killing the vampire'. If it's legit for you, let's buff the immolation of the alchemist, so it fires immediatly and knock-down the surrounding vampires.
    It should also blind the vampires and work through Buildings / walls / pits. probably be mapvide as a nuke too

(click image to enlarge)

Bulwark in the current state is an ability which requires almost no skill besides timing and is a free warbow aoe knockdown on every vampire in the air near you aka RIP sentinel or pounce reaver and completely overpowered if it was intended. And everyone knows what happens near 2-3 humans. You can take a sip from your coke or scratch your balls because you're dead anyway.

A good vanguard can ruin almost every ability you try to use against him with a reaction-time under 0,5s, because most vampire abilities have around this cast-time . If you cancel bulwark immediately, it goes back to a ridiculous low cooldown of about 3s. 400 area radius is almost as huge as a smoke bomb. With Indomitable talent you can cast it instant back whenever you block an attack with your shield if you cancelled it early. A shield bash after it so you can cc a vampires until they die without even dealing damage on your own if humans are close to eachother.

Atleast a warbow scout requires some aim to get the same effect on ONE target, but can be countered by deceiver or sent airstrike or if a vampire avoids to show himself and plays like a ninja. A vanguard can just press one panic-button and solve all his problems with a little bit of timing.

Counters almost every ability or vampire-loadout, and don't forget it's also an insane 50% damage-reduction which lowers the effectiveness of ranged-poke like hellstrike/haze. Also there's like no counterplay to it except choking haze(which is weak), dominate mind (which could be quite hard on a lot of positions) and things with a higher range like shockwave or wingflap (which is underpowered too).

- kLauE, Real Pubstars #1 ESL-Team Europe
    Last edited by kLauE187; 16th Oct 2015 at 16:54.

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    And everyone knows what happens near 2-3 humans. You can take a sip from your coke or scratch your balls because you're dead anyway.

Also there's like no counterplay to it except choking haze(which is weak), dominate mind (which could be quite hard on a lot of positions) and things with a higher range like shockwave or wingflap (which is underpowered too).
    lmao at the bolded. I was going to suggest that Shockwave at least works as a counter but hadn't considered Wing Flap.

Here is the Murderous Kidnap Blood FX on my Sent. I know the deciever was already posted but I figured I would post a pic of what it looks like on the sent. I just wish it was an abduct instead of kidnap. But nonetheless the FX are cool.
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

Originally Posted by CountEyokir
    *reading a brief mention of 'Matriarch of the Islands' in the background lore of these glowy skins. Puzzled, he rummages in the old lore trying to find a mention. Unable to find one he tries to search for one in anything new lore updates. Nothing to be seen. Finally in bafflement he turns to Square Enix and asks;* .....who?!

(click image to enlarge)

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last