View Poll Results: Mud or Metal?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mud

1 9.09%
  • Metal

10 90.91%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Tomb Raider game? Once and for all.

Catwoman Guest

Big Grin

It's a close tie between 1 & 2, but I have to vote for #2. The sounds, the atmosphere, the cool baddies, that great looking diving suit. *sigh*

TR1 for me-

i voted for TR1 to help
    "even the score". i like them all but I'm
    fond of Lost Valley level- &
    Palace Midas is quite wild-looking..

Lightbulb

Despite the fact that I beat all TR games (except TRLR)I like TRchronicles. Think about it.....her butler,priest,and the others are reminising about Lara and how she was in her younger days up until how she is now. It actuall shows how she was before she officialy started her adventures and when she was a teenager. That is why I like that one

I think Chronicles isnt doing too well cuz it was way too short..still one of my favs. That and part 2

I prefer Chronicles followed by the Original TR. In it's day it was the best game out there

Well I've just given TR1 the peck on the cheek it deserves...Probably the only TR game I will ever play again in the future. Classic.

Question

Is it just me, or couldn't I vote for my beloved The Lost Artefact because I wanted see the results before I voted?

Anywayz, it's got my vote, even if I couldn't decide between TR2 and TLA

Re: The title

Originally posted by Catsuit and Ponytail
    ... kinda of like a certain champagne bottle flying towards it's doom on the shiney hull of a new ship as a christening...

I always loved that scene.... hehehehe
    Of course you mean that Bottle of Dom vintage 2265!

Smile

I voted for the first, and it's IN THE LEAD!

Yeah....the first one was my favorite, but after I played TR chronicles last year and beat it, it became my favorite. Because of the detailed mysteries and action, and some parts that was uncovered.... that we didn't even know about..... that happened in da past

Unhappy

....that happened in Lara's past. Even when she was a teenager TR4 was a little depressing.

tr3 is tied with tr1 cmon someone else vote tr3!!! it is so the best!!! I voted for it
    signature image
    did you really think that it was over? / my journal

Everybody says that TR3 is the Hardest and the most boring (Infact it is the most exiting) but i can see that most of the votes r for it

Re: What you talkin' about Willis?

Originally posted by Glider
    I can see the results. They showed up right after I voted. So far it's a four way tie for first place. TR's 1, 2, 3, & 4. Four votes each.
    People meant they can't see who voted for what. My fav is TR3.

Can the mods make a list of votes at the end?
    http://www2.arnes.si/~jrom/sigs/tacho.jpg
    They paved paradise to put up a parking lot

Cool But of couse!

Originally posted by DEEKMAN

Of course you mean that Bottle of Dom vintage 2265!
    DEEKMAN, you know it!

That was a wonderful year. hehehehe

Hmmmmm how the time flies!

Big Grin

Glad 2 c we all have nuff sense 2 keep TR1 in first place

NO!!!!!!!!! TR3 was winning and now tr1 is!! why pick tr1 over tr3??? lol
    signature image
    did you really think that it was over? / my journal

Wink

Originally posted by MountainDewNut
    TR3 is the best in my opinoin!

I loved all TR series but especially TR3 it was great. I am playing again 6th time now with the secrets (I played all of them several times) am I TR maniac?

What do we do without TR and Lara ?

If we had no TR or Lara...we'd invent them!!lol

Its only right TR1 should lead, i mean c'mon u cannot fault the original..surely?!

I would be voting for tomb raider 2, but the original tomb raider is the best one.

I hate to tell you this, but you are all wrong!

The beauty of the Tomb Raider-saga is that every single game released so far has got an extra-ordinary feature which makes it absolutely the best!

Tomb Raider: The first Tomb Raider is the greatest, because it has the greatest storyline providing unexpected twists and turns and an ending that'll make you want to play this game over and over again. There are also some of the greatest characters ever to appear in a videogame such as Lara Croft herself, Jacqueline Natla, Pierre and of course Larson.

Tomb Raider II: The second one of the series has undoubtedly the greatest action! There are way more baddies to deal with and although none of them has great personality like the baddies of the first, they are difficult to beat sometimes and this makes you only improve your skills. The final enemy of this game is still the most difficult one to beat; I think. The weapons look and handle much better and the whole thing is a bit more realistic; especially the environment. The music is as beautiful as you've never heard before, but in the end it's the action which is the best feature of this game.

Tomb Raider III: The third one and according to quite some people the greatest one in the series, may be called 'another classic videogame' because it has the most beautiful colors, the most realistic, the most variable and as a result of that the most awesome background-environments ever seen in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point) and last but not least: the most beautiful Lara Croft ever witnessed in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point, because the 'new' Lara Croft of TR IV and V looks just as athletic and sexy as ever, but that beautiful face from TR I, II and III has been replaced by a somewhat more adult-like face).

Tomb Raider: The last revelation: This fourth installment gives us a totally new gameplay and therefore it's one of the most pleasant Tomb Raider-games to play; also because the storyline of this particular game is very intriguing. The greatest feature of this game is probably the adventure. There IS some action, but it's not the mindless (read: straightforward) action of part II, but it's more controlled, more sinister, more thrilling than ever before. It's one of the most difficult (maybe even THE most difficult) Tomb Raider-game so far, because you can switch back between certain levels making it hard to find out what path is the right one to choose. The whole thing looks less straightforward; this is not the same game anymore where you have to shoot the baddies. No, you have to undo Lara's mistake and you have to watch your steps; even more than before! It's the gameplay in general which makes this Tomb Raider-game worthy of playing it over and over again. Everything's different, but in a pleasant way!

Tomb Raider: Chronicles: Although the fifth installment is the shortest of all and looks rather like a 'passing time' to keep us fans busy until the next Tomb Raider-game, it's still a great game however! Maybe the weakest of them all, but still fun to play; yes Ma'am! I guess the best thing about this game is the atmosphere which is rather gloomy ... Lara Croft is considered to be dead and we get to see one last look at her (or at least: that is what they want us to think) through some beautiful flash-backs which brought sweet tears to my eyes. So, the atmosphere: everything looks smoothier than before and Lara's new moves are greater than ever!

For the next Tomb Raider-game, I can't come up with some new. I guess the atmosphere is even better and much darker in Tomb Raider 6 than in Chronicles and the gameplay is extra-ordinary. I think (and I hope too) that all previous features which were great in all previous Tomb Raider-games are going to be improved a lot in this next Tomb Raider-game. Character development, action, gameplay, colors and the environment, etc ...

I don't know whether you'll agree with me on this, but that is what I think of it. C ya!

Originally posted by Godfather
    I hate to tell you this, but you are all wrong!

The beauty of the Tomb Raider-saga is that every single game released so far has got an extra-ordinary feature which makes it absolutely the best!

Tomb Raider: The first Tomb Raider is the greatest, because it has the greatest storyline providing unexpected twists and turns and an ending that'll make you want to play this game over and over again. There are also some of the greatest characters ever to appear in a videogame such as Lara Croft herself, Jacqueline Natla, Pierre and of course Larson.

Tomb Raider II: The second one of the series has undoubtedly the greatest action! There are way more baddies to deal with and although none of them has great personality like the baddies of the first, they are difficult to beat sometimes and this makes you only improve your skills. The final enemy of this game is still the most difficult one to beat; I think. The weapons look and handle much better and the whole thing is a bit more realistic; especially the environment. The music is as beautiful as you've never heard before, but in the end it's the action which is the best feature of this game.

Tomb Raider III: The third one and according to quite some people the greatest one in the series, may be called 'another classic videogame' because it has the most beautiful colors, the most realistic, the most variable and as a result of that the most awesome background-environments ever seen in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point) and last but not least: the most beautiful Lara Croft ever witnessed in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point, because the 'new' Lara Croft of TR IV and V looks just as athletic and sexy as ever, but that beautiful face from TR I, II and III has been replaced by a somewhat more adult-like face).

Tomb Raider: The last revelation: This fourth installment gives us a totally new gameplay and therefore it's one of the most pleasant Tomb Raider-games to play; also because the storyline of this particular game is very intriguing. The greatest feature of this game is probably the adventure. There IS some action, but it's not the mindless (read: straightforward) action of part II, but it's more controlled, more sinister, more thrilling than ever before. It's one of the most difficult (maybe even THE most difficult) Tomb Raider-game so far, because you can switch back between certain levels making it hard to find out what path is the right one to choose. The whole thing looks less straightforward; this is not the same game anymore where you have to shoot the baddies. No, you have to undo Lara's mistake and you have to watch your steps; even more than before! It's the gameplay in general which makes this Tomb Raider-game worthy of playing it over and over again. Everything's different, but in a pleasant way!

Tomb Raider: Chronicles: Although the fifth installment is the shortest of all and looks rather like a 'passing time' to keep us fans busy until the next Tomb Raider-game, it's still a great game however! Maybe the weakest of them all, but still fun to play; yes Ma'am! I guess the best thing about this game is the atmosphere which is rather gloomy ... Lara Croft is considered to be dead and we get to see one last look at her (or at least: that is what they want us to think) through some beautiful flash-backs which brought sweet tears to my eyes. So, the atmosphere: everything looks smoothier than before and Lara's new moves are greater than ever!

For the next Tomb Raider-game, I can't come up with some new. I guess the atmosphere is even better and much darker in Tomb Raider 6 than in Chronicles and the gameplay is extra-ordinary. I think (and I hope too) that all previous features which were great in all previous Tomb Raider-games are going to be improved a lot in this next Tomb Raider-game. Character development, action, gameplay, colors and the environment, etc ...

I don't know whether you'll agree with me on this, but that is what I think of it. C ya!
    Actually, none of us are wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.Your opinion is that all the tomb raider games are good. Mine opinion is that tomb raider 1 is good. Everyone has their own opinion, so no one is wrong.

tr3 with no doubts, and as we are talking about this, I will start playing this tonight again
    I would rate the lost artefact too, but I think I can express only one vote, right? anyhow, that engine was the best, the gameplay too: it that was built today it surely would have ROCK EVERITHING EVER RELEASED BEFORE!!

tr3 RULES

First one is the best.

I agree with psiko - TR3 - it's ironic that I just voted his COTW the best custom level, and that's how I got to this forum - anyhoo, HI everybody !!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast