Thread: Lara Croft Relic Run Mk.II

Lara Croft Relic Run Mk.II

So, today a new update has rolled out and it's changed just about everything?

I haven't had a chance to play yet and fear only by the weekend I'll truly get the chance to devote myself to this, but now we have level-based progression, lots of things must be unlocked, looks like pretty much everything can be upgraded and (to Relight's joy) it looks like the assets are back to their proper sizes instead of the overcompressed and blurry images from an earlier update.

Any thoughts yet? I'm dying to check Mountain Pass, but having lost my progress a while back I never truly bothered to start over again. Guess now I can do a new playthrough from scratch.

Ah and yes, the price changes have all changed again, so I'm officially ditching the idea of keeping track of those. (And I'd thought I had it going well lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    it looks like the assets are back to their proper sizes instead of the overcompressed and blurry images from an earlier update.
    Yeah, some of the assets have been improved after their downgrade in the previous version, but some haven't.

New Clue Saving feature - carry your collected clues to the next run.
    Noooo... this is the type of thing that is contributing to the dumbing down of gaming. This game originally had a perfect balance of difficulty. The game didn't need to be made easier. But then again, the game didn't need ANY of the changes made to it over the course of its release history.
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

That's not what you think Relight... If you collect 15/20 clues for instance and you die, instead of using an Ankh (which still cost 5 gems) you can restart that same run with that many clues for the price of 1 gem per clue (so, in this case, a 15-gem "revival"). I don't think the game has been made easier, quite the opposite actually (the combat arenas in Mountain Pass are brutal), and with the prices ramped up it's not hard to understand why...

Ah, good to know.

So when I first loaded up, Lara defaulted to be on the first level of Mountain Pass on the map (since I had collected all of the relics in previous versions of the game), but I didn't play Mountain Pass right away. I went back to the Sahara to figure out a few things. But now when I click on that first Mountain Pass level, I get this message:

"Unlock Mountain Pass! It'll cost 5,000 coins to to travel all the way to Tibet!"

Yes, that is a real typo. I'm not lacking for the coins, I'm just wondering, if I had just clicked on the level in the first place when I was already on it, if I would have had to spend coins to go there.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Relight-TRHQ View Post
    Ah, good to know.

So when I first loaded up, Lara defaulted to be on the first level of Mountain Pass on the map (since I had collected all of the relics in previous versions of the game), but I didn't play Mountain Pass right away. I went back to the Sahara to figure out a few things. But now when I click on that first Mountain Pass level, I get this message:

"Unlock Mountain Pass! It'll cost 5,000 coins to to travel all the way to Tibet!"

Yes, that is a real typo. I'm not lacking for the coins, I'm just wondering, if I had just clicked on the level in the first place when I was already on it, if I would have had to spend coins to go there.
    it's because you didn't get all the relics in the previous levels. it did the same for me until I played a level and finished it, then I didn't have to pay. Still fun to go back and get all the stars. the only ones I had trouble with is killing 3+ bosses without dying. kinda tough for those ones

I did have all the relics, as I mentioned in my post. I think it's a small bug - or a side effect due to the new star system - of the upgrade.
    signature image

I also experienced the same. Didn't mind shelling out the 5k coins. If we were talking about gems I'd be bothered though, lol.

I've played some more and I quite like the level system, and also the fact you don't need 3 stars to progress to the next level. To rectify what I said before, the new feature of saving progress is actually good, some of the relics require a lot of clues and I'm sorry to sound like a broken record but the combat arenas are too unfair... one of the yetis throws two ice stalactites in a row and usually you're despairing trying to destroy the massive chunk of rock another yeti has just hurled at you. In the end, that equals to at least three simultaneous hits and a very dead Lara.