Thread: LC Official Test Level Thread.

LC Official Test Level Thread.

Heres my thread on my test level so you can see what i've been working on. I don't want to spam the forums with videos so i will post my tests on this thread.

My egypt test level on cameras
    <object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oKApa9jwtRo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oKApa9jwtRo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

(click image to enlarge)

reserved for me

(click image to enlarge)

Since you said it is a test level on camera's I'll only comment on that for now.

The flyby camera's go through the roomgeometry quite a few times. This does not look so good. Better place the camera's in such a way that they go around obstacles.

Also, at the end of the sequence the camera slowly goes back to Lara and also goes through empty space (screen goes black) for a bit.
    You can also make the camera snap back to Lara instantly by pressing the 6 button in the OCB of the first camera of the sequence. (Like you can also make it snap instantly to the first camera of the sequence by pressing the 0 button in the OCB of the first camera)
    If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it IS a duck.

ahhh i also have a bug idk whats wrong with the corners
    <object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouuwpfz0ID4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouuwpfz0ID4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

(click image to enlarge)

Hmmm... I've seen corner bugs like this one before but I don't know how to fix it.
    I think I read somewhere that it does have to do with the way the roomgeometry is built around it. A door being there, slanted ceilings, things like that. But I don't know exactly.

Someone else might know though, so just sit back and wait.

At the start of the video I can see a slanted ceiling at the square of the corner bug, so that's probably it.

Very easy to test - just select the squares around the one that is giving a problem and press F6.

Do this one by one and test in between until the corner bug disappears.

And you should also record your videos in a much lower resolution, 480x360 pixels for example. No one will be interested in seeing HD 720p test videos, it will only result in jerky videos like the ones you just posted.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I saw it in Tomb Raider Anniversary Retold, and a few others.
    But Driber answered the question so...
    I can't feel my senses... I just feel the cold...

Slanted ceiling. Check!

*runs off to try and fix cornerbug in own level*

Quote Originally Posted by Titak View Post
    Slanted ceiling. Check!

*runs off to try and fix cornerbug in own level*
    oh yeah forgot to tell you guys i fixed it there was a slandted ceiling on where the climbable area was

(click image to enlarge)