Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Q&A session with Scot Amos about LCTOO

Live Q&A session with Scot Amos about LCTOO

Update: Scot is now sitting in and is ready for your questions!

A few house rules before we start:

- Max 1 question per forum post. Please don't put multiple questions in the same post; make a new post for a new question.

- Please keep your questions respectful.

- Try to be to the point so that we can get to as many questions from people as possible.

Thanks

------------------

Coming this Tuesday, November 25th, 2014

60 minute live Q&A session with Scot Amos, Executive Producer at Crystal Dynamics.

Ask him anything regarding LCTOO (Lara Croft and the Temple Of Osiris)

Time: 10 AM PST (click here to convert to your local time)

------------------
    Last edited by Driber; 25th Nov 2014 at 17:54. Reason: update

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

One more day until we have our live-forum open Q&A! Can't wait to chat with you all tomorrow! -S

An hour to go! Start prepping your questions!

Scot is now sitting in and is ready for your questions!

A few house rules before we start:

- Max 1 question per forum post. Please don't put multiple questions in the same post; make a new post for a new question.

- Please keep your questions respectful.

- Try to be to the point so that we can get to as many questions from people as possible.

Thanks

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Good morning, Scot and Meagan!

Question: A couple months ago when asked if there would be an official soundtrack release for Osiris, you (Scot) said that there was no news at that time. Is there any news now; will we be getting an official soundtrack release for Osiris?
    signature image

Hello Scot,

I've seen that in the selection screen for weapons and amulets and such there's a selection of upper body clothing pieces, but in all the demo videos I've never seen it being selected. One question has been burning in my mind ever since: are the selectable clothing pieces only there for aesthetic purposes or do they influence the game in some other way as well, such as granting bonusses?

If you're not allowed to answer that, never mind, I'll see it for myself in two weeks

Thanks for this Q&A session, and thanks for making this game, it's much appreciated. I just bought a PS4 for it

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Good morning, Scot and Meagan!

Question: A couple months ago when asked if there would be an official soundtrack release for Osiris, you (Scot) said that there was no news at that time. Is there any news now; will we be getting an official soundtrack release for Osiris?

Good morning ABH! We have a TON of original music for LC:TOO and are definitely looking at the best way to share it with everyone. We had some great feedback from our own in-house quality assurance testers who said they're STILL discovering music during replay that they hadn't heard yet! So I'm sure we'll find a way to get this out there for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktron View Post
    Hello Scot,

I've seen that in the selection screen for weapons and amulets and such there's a selection of upper body clothing pieces, but in all the demo videos I've never seen it being selected. One question has been burning in my mind ever since: are the selectable clothing pieces only there for aesthetic purposes or do they influence the game in some other way as well, such as granting bonusses?

If you're not allowed to answer that, never mind, I'll see it for myself in two weeks

Thanks for this Q&A session, and thanks for making this game, it's much appreciated. I just bought a PS4 for it
    Hello Blacktron -

We're thrilled to be bringing Lara back into classic-arcade action so it's great to hear you're excited for it too! As for clothing... the custom costumes are aesthetic based, but, all of the rings and amulets are effects based which can influence your individual abilities OR your team's overall shared abilities; so we have a bit of both!

Hey Scot, thanks for the opportunity. I'm on mobile so I'll be straight to the point: any chance we'll see Totec or any other legacy character as unlockable or downloadable skin packs?

Awesome to hear, Scot, thanks

Question: With regards to the multiple outfits in Osiris, is it possible for the game to be played with characters wearing different outfits? e.g. Lara wearing the DX outfit, Carter wearing the Legend outfit and so on...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Hey Scot, thanks for the opportunity. I'm on mobile so I'll be straight to the point: any chance we'll see Totec or any other legacy character as unlockable or downloadable skin packs?
    Hello Treeble! It's certainly been internally discussed, but we haven't yet stated what any future add-ons we may have as throw-back to legacy characters. We'd love to hear what pieces you'd all like to see as such future add-ons for us to consider!

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Awesome to hear, Scot, thanks

Question: With regards to the multiple outfits in Osiris, is it possible for the game to be played with characters wearing different outfits? e.g. Lara wearing the DX outfit, Carter wearing the Legend outfit and so on...
    We've designed the system as flexibly as possible so you can have each player in a custom style they own.

Hey Scot! I'm particularly excited about this one - can you share a few details about community-centric features in LCTOO? In particular the community chest?

Scot, what is your personal favorite weapon, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey Scot! I'm particularly excited about this one - can you share a few details about community-centric features in LCTOO? In particular the community chest?
    Sure thing! Since we have such an active and awesome community we've added a new "Community Challenges" system to LCTOO. As often as weekly once the game launches, we'll put up challenges ranging from gather a certain amount of things to kill a certain number of a specific enemy type with specific weapons that everyone who's playing contributes to as they play! In this way, the community as a whole is working towards a reward that everyone gets to share in - such as gems or gear/weapon unlocks. IF the community succeeds at the challenge in the given timeframe, then they can each go to a special gold-chest in the center of the overworld we call the Community Chest where they can claim their hard earned prize! These challenges will ebb and flow as players join the game so we can tailor the challenges... and even unlock a few surprise challenges and custom events long after the game first comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Scot, what is your personal favorite weapon, and why?
    Oh... personal favorite weapon... that's tougher than it sounds to answer as we've got so many. It depends a bit on if I'm playing solo or with a team. The chaingun is a team favorite when you have 4 players loaded up with rings and amulets - it's just a wall of death flying in every direction. I'm a sniper by nature, and using some of our crazy powerful single-shot weapons, while requiring a bit more skill, are crazy fun particularly the highest rarity ones that can pass through multiple enemies at once!

Thanks, Scot. I do love to mow enemies down in my games as well, heh.

Here's a question some of the hardcore fans would probably like to know - how much research went into the lore, and does LCTOO stays true to said lore or were some things changed for this game?

Questions from Facebook - "How does the Overworld work? Is the game more linear or open for exploration? And how does the weather system factor in to what order you can explore?"

Would it at all be possible for you in the future, to create & release a level editor of sorts for the community to make and share their own levels?
    signature image

Hi, Scot,

Q: Do you see this as potentially becoming a side-series for Tomb Raider or will it most likely remain as a dualology?

Scott, is there a chance that classic Tomb Raider II gets the IOS-treatment (like TR1) to coincide with the Osiris-release?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Thanks, Scot. I do love to mow enemies down in my games as well, heh.

Here's a question some of the hardcore fans would probably like to know - how much research went into the lore, and does LCTOO stays true to said lore or were some things changed for this game?
    The Osiris Myth has many variations and depending on which sources we looked at, there are all sorts of details and twists and turns. For us, we have a few folks that even at the end of Guardian of Light started researching Egypt and looking for an angle on a classic myth Lara hadn't explored yet. When we started Temple of Osiris we had folks here at the studio who'd already done so much research and we had tons of Egyptian Mythology books here that we could reference for how to retell this tale in a unique way built for a lighthearted retelling of this myth, but as a prophecy that Lara now got to be part of bringing to fruition. Certainly all of the key characters and basic touchstones are steeped in the broadly accepted myth; but we did take our own poetic license to make the environment suitably Croft-like in nature to have traps, puzzles, tombs, and a place for Lara to find new teammates!

Sneaky, Rolfnl. But this Q&A is about LCTOO

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfnl View Post
    Scott, is there a chance that classic Tomb Raider II gets the IOS-treatment (like TR1) to coincide with the Osiris-release?
    Scot's here to focus on LCTOO related questions at the moment! Broader franchise questions will have to wait, but I'll pass along your enthusiasm for seeing a TRII iOS version to the mobile team. I'd love to see it, too!

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Questions from Facebook - "How does the Overworld work? Is the game more linear or open for exploration? And how does the weather system factor in to what order you can explore?"
    The Overworld is large, raised Shrine hidden for centuries in a mountainous area of Egypt. This area is the outdoor connective tissue that links the Temple of Osiris (the giant pyramid) with the rest of the tombs and other areas to explore that are each themed to a particular god from the Myth. Each god has a certain element of power they control - such as day/night, drought/rain, or fire/ice. The weather and world state changes affect where you can explore in this overworld, what rewards you can find, and even influence the various enemy types who spawn and it changes dynamically as the game and story progresses!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast