Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Will we ever return to Ivalice?

Will we ever return to Ivalice?

Will we ever return to Ivalice?

So what's up with this? Have we confirmed it's fake or not yet? Any randomly lurking Square employees want to weigh in and put this thing to rest? Or make me the happiest FF fan in the world and confirm it's true? Ivalice Alliance is in a sad state right now, and needs another title added to it.

For those that don't know what this is, this is what we have so far. And nothing else.

www.the15thcrystal.net/2012/05/25/square...

Looks like someone with decent Photoshop skills and a penchant for mischief.

This could be "fortress" that was in development you never know....

An obvious fake.

I've had my hopes up for this for a few days. It's probably fake, but you never know. If it's real maybe it'll be revealed at E3.

Originally Posted by imported_SilverArrow20XX

I've had my hopes up for this for a few days. It's probably fake, but you never know. If it's real maybe it'll be revealed at E3.

Not probably... it definitely is fake.

Tactics: What would you like to see for the future of the series?

Goodness I have been dying for a new tactics game since the release of FFTA2. The revamp on War of the Lions was enough to hold me over for now, but the itch really needs to be scratched.

The rebirth of T.G. Cid! Comeonnnnnnn SE haha

I agree. I wish they would focus more on the Ivalice Universe. Give it attention at all would be nice.

The things they did simply with FFTA and FFTA2 were amazing, think of what they could do porting it to the PS3 in a new title?

I always imagined a Tactics (peefect for Vita) where instead of moving around a chessboard, you could move around freely within a dome before selecting your attack. Different jobs would have different size and shape domes (a dragoon for example might have a taller dome, allowng them to jump to higher ground). Your attack range would have a dome as well.

I think it'd be a slightly more streamlined, less menu focused, twist on the traditional strategy RPG formula.

I was actually wondering the same thing, I want another Tactic game.

Was Advanced and A2 as fun as the original? I loved the first game and wanted to try out the others, but the new rules and limitations doesn't seem very fun to me

The law system of FFTA can be somewhat crippling at times, but since they change daily, you can wander around until you have something that you can work with. Breaking clan members out of jail can be a pain sometimes.

In A2, you don't have characters jailed for breaking the law, but your Judge gets disabled if you do, meaning you lose the clan bonus for the battle (and the ability to revive party members, if I remember correctly).

I've only played the remake I suppose for the PSP, War of the Lions. But I did like the gameplay even tho lvling up your classes can be easy/hard depending on your play style. And that you have to save after every battle just in case something goes wrong.

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

The law system of FFTA can be somewhat crippling at times, but since they change daily, you can wander around until you have something that you can work with. Breaking clan members out of jail can be a pain sometimes.

In A2, you don't have characters jailed for breaking the law, but your Judge gets disabled if you do, meaning you lose the clan bonus for the battle (and the ability to revive party members, if I remember correctly).

Gameplay wise, yes. The judges can be annoying, but other than that there have been nothing but improvements to the gameplay.

Storywise the games are not nearly as deep as the original, but are still quite enjoyable.

I agree, we need a new tactics game, but this time the plot must be similar to the first Final Fantasy Tactics (now War of the Lions). Advance and A2 were good but the first one was the best.

I still hope they make lvling up really fun.

They should make at least a prequel of Tactics. Like the 50 year war would be easy to make and I bet a lot of fans would buy it. I would love playing as Barbados.

A prequel to FFT would be kewl, but I think a sequel would be interesting. I haven't played the other Ivalice games yet, so I don't know if Ramza and Alma ever did anything with their lives beyond living on the run that was explained in those games.

I would love another release... FFTA2 wasn't as good as FFTA's story (I thought) but the game was soooo much fun... I wish ff12 had a job system like FFTA and TA2, it would have cut down on the list of abilities available to each character (and maybe as a result, the gameplay could have focused more on real-time command input instead of pause-and-play), I love the loot system to get new weapons for new abilities, prefered it over the random chance of FFTA, also love the less punishing law system but miss the control that law cards gave you in TA.

the title says it all.

Myself, I would like to see an open world game like FF12, but with the ability to create a clan and manage each member's classes just like Tactics. I loved the monster hunts in FF12 and would have liked to have been more involved with the hunt system in the world... have my own clan, with a class system. Obviously only the main cast would speak during the story... it would be too hard to voice every random character that joins your party, and if multiple characters have the same voice/line, people will get mad.

I would also like to see some changes to current classes and additional classes added.

Arcanist: lv3 dark was a dissapointment for me. I was all excited to be casting dark/darkra/darkga from ff12 in ffta2... and it didn't happen. this spell was to unreliable for me.

Garif race: I would love to see them appear. They could have a class that focuses on earth-elemental magic and physical attacks (quake/quakera/quakega, petrify, and some rock-elemental physical attacks). Could also see a fist-fighting class (maybe monk) and Geomancer.

Aegyl race: This winged race from Revenant Wings was pretty cool. They had similar classes in Revenant Wings that we've already seen in FFTA/TA2. I would like to see Dragoons for this race, and a mage class that would focus on wind and maybe restorative/holy elemental damage? The wind makes sense but I'm only saying light because they fly close to the sun... idk, it just kinda came to me.

Vanish should improve hit chance for abilities like last breath for Assassins, they don't feel like assassin's when they don't dissapear and kill you from behind...

I'm interested in what you think of my ideas and what other ideas are out there!

I'll take my Type 0 subseries plz

If there were to be a theoretical FFTA3, I'd support the Aegyl replacing the Gria, who (to me, at least) seemed kind of an odd introduction. As for the Garif... yes. Do want. I loved their designs.

I'd have to think about what else.

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

If there were to be a theoretical FFTA3, I'd support the Aegyl replacing the Gria, who (to me, at least) seemed kind of an odd introduction. As for the Garif... yes. Do want. I loved their designs.

I'd have to think about what else.

I didn't quite mean replace the Gria... they were, as you say, an odd addition, but their classes where so much fun... Ravager became a mandatory member of my party in each mission.

Me too I loved the monster hunts in FFxii ,I would like to use the monsters which I hunted…like in ffxiii-2 and send them to obtain items like in ffx-2 (chocobos)

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last