Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Cause 3 Media Thread

Just Cause 3 Media Thread

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it’s Rico Rodriguez, soaring through the skies in…wait for it…JUST CAUSE 3! (Official SE blog)

Official website
    Pre-order here
    December Cover Revealed – Just Cause 3 (Game Informer)
    Square Enix Announces Just Cause 3 (Kotaku)
    Exclusive Just Cause 3 Screens And Info (Game Informer)
    Creating The Sandbox Gameplay Of Just Cause 3 (Game Informer)
    Just Cause 3 Won't Launch With Multiplayer, But You Shouldn't Give Up Hope (GI)
    Freeform Chaos: Hands-On With Just Cause 3 (GI)
    The Face Of Just Cause 3: The Evolution Of Rico (GI)
    Exploring The Fictional World Of Medici In Just Cause 3 (GI)
    JC3 Podcast

Just Cause 3 Game Informer coverage

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Driber; 17th Nov 2014 at 08:30.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Hello! If you have any questions about JC3, please ask away!

Just Cause 3 is here!
    - Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it’s Rico Rodriguez, soaring through the skies in…wait for it…JUST CAUSE 3!
    - Official website.
    - Pre-order here.
    - December Cover Revealed – Just Cause 3. (Game Informer)

Ah Rico you've been missed dude
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimoire View Post
    Just Cause 3 is here!
    - Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it’s Rico Rodriguez, soaring through the skies in…wait for it…JUST CAUSE 3!
    - Official website.
    - Pre-order here.
    - December Cover Revealed – Just Cause 3. (Game Informer)
    Thanks. Added to OP

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Opelova View Post
    Yes I have a few question regarding the general game play.

In JC2, besides creating chaos, there was allot (too much) focus on chasing after a quadrillion of small shiny white boxes and etc.
    Imo this was very tedious/annoying so is this part of the game play implemented in JC3 as well, or have you removed it?

Then I would like to know about chaos/propaganda/demoralizing effects and etc.

In JC2 it doesn't matter how much chaos you create/how many propaganda trailers you destroy/how many military bases you destroy,
    you won't notice any difference. Is there any changes to that in JC3?

Hi!

We have included a wider variety of missions that also tie to new tools and game mechanics. So hopefully, you won't find it as tedious.

I cannot reveal much as the main JC3 campaign kicks in next year when we will have a lot of gameplay videos, events and also streaming sessions as a lot of stuff is still WIP now. But I can say that your activities will have a larger impact on the world around you and on the story.

Personally I love collections missions. One of the beautiful thing about the 300 Chaos Items in JC2 was that it gave you more reasons to really delve deep into exploration of the stunning world of Panau. Another thing I love still about the collections in the game was that they appeared on the map. Seriously, guys, please add TONS of collectibles in this game!

Some screenshots: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-and-info.aspx
    The "Twin otter" looks great.

@ChiroVette you don't need shiny boxes to explore the world and in JC2 most of the boxes were in settlements or military bases anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo999 View Post
    Some screenshots: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-and-info.aspx
    The "Twin otter" looks great.

@ChiroVette you don't need shiny boxes to explore the world and in JC2 most of the boxes were in settlements or military bases anyway.
    Added link to OP. Thanks for posting

I love collections in sandbox games, and I think most people do as well. One thing I would request, though, would be to PLEASE give us some serious rewards. lol It was a huge let down the first time through to get nothing but chaos and money at the end of each of the collectibles. There should be a nice, juicy unlock when you collect all of each type.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Hey! That video looks familiar

It has been too long. Good to see Rico again.

I have another question, will JC3 have any support (on PC) for external controllers such as a joystick,
    so that you can use the joystick to control planes and helicopters?

In JC2 there was tons to do in terms of side missions but the actual story itself was fairly short so l ask will JC3 have a longer story?

Another article from Gameinformer: Creating The Sandbox Gameplay Of Just Cause 3;
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...t-cause-3.aspx

The article also contains an over 6 min long video of Christofer Sundberg & Roland Lesterlin talking
    about JC-franchise and JC3. A few JC3 screenshots can be seen in the video and it looks fantastic.

Some confirmed features are: caves, tunnels & the ability to blow up bridges

Hoho

Another article from Gameinformer: Creating The Sandbox Gameplay Of Just Cause 3;

The article also contains an over 6 min long video of Christofer Sundberg & Roland Lesterlin talking
    about JC-franchise and JC3. A few JC3 screenshots can be seen in the video and it looks fantastic.

Some confirmed features are: caves, tunnels & the ability to blow up bridges
    Added to OP! Thanks for posting

Anyone know if that video is on YT? The video player on GI is a bit jerky for me :/

"Just Cause 3 Won't Launch With Multiplayer, But You Shouldn't Give Up Hope"
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ayer-mode.aspx

So there it is, no MP for JC3, personally I don't play much online but I definitely think that the devs should
    have included some form of MP/Cp-op to JC3.

Bubo999, I honestly have mixed feelings about multiplayer. On the one hand, the potential fun for a multiplayer sandbox seems jaw-droppingly attractive. on the other hand, I honestly believe that the quest for full-blown multiplayer is what ruined GTA. While GTA was a single player sandbox, the focus was on over-the-top fun, breaking rules, and just having a riotous good time.

When Rockstar started designing GTA IV, I believe that they had to curtail an unacceptable amount of single player fun in order to make the world more stable so that cheaters couldn't easily exploit the sandbox to their own ends and victimize honest players. Oh, certainly Rockstar's newfound need to turn GTA into some version of a "playable movie game" didn't help either. But I believe that when you create a game as huge as a good sandbox environment and you focus a lot of resources on the online, the game has to become a great deal more inherently stable and far less over-the-top so that the gameplay can be grounded to accommodate true multiplayer.

I would be on board for Just Cause 3's having multiplayer if, and only if, it is developed LAST and not used as a platform to drag the gameplay down to Earth and make everything all believable and realistic.

Thankfully, Avalanche is NOT making this a multiplayer game from the start, so if they do add it later on, they will have to layer multiplayer on top of the original over-the-top game, so the single player will come first AND dictate the tone of the game even if multiplayer follows. This is the complete opposite of GTA, where I believe it is the multiplayer that dragged the gameplay into mundane, boring, "realistic" territories.

Thumbs Up

Can you tell us anything about what kind of vehicles we could expect?
    Any new type(s) of vehicles? Like perhaps mini-submarines (which we need to explore the underwater caves)
    or perhaps some form of car transporters?

Freeform Chaos: Hands-On With Just Cause 3

"The Face Of Just Cause 3: The Evolution Of Rico"

Fictional characters never emerge into the world fully formed; it takes time and a lot of
    iteration to create a person out of nothing – even if they aren't real. Using original concept art and
    in game art, we take a look back at Just Cause's protagonist.

Born on the Mediterranean island of Medici, Rico Rodriguez was recruited by a covert arm of the
    CIA – simply called The Agency – when he was only 18-years-old. While with the The Agency,
    Rico ran a series of black ops to support Guerrilla revolutionaries and overthrow evil dictators
    around the world. As you can see in one of the first concept sketches (below), Rico's origins
    were quite a bit different from his final form in the first Just Cause.
    JC3 Rico: http://media1.gameinformer.com/files...o-pullouts.jpg
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...n-of-rico.aspx

"Exploring The Fictional World Of Medici In Just Cause 3"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-original.aspx

Can you tell us anything about what kind of vehicles we could expect?
    Any new type(s) of vehicles? Like perhaps mini-submarines (which we need to explore the underwater caves)
    or perhaps some form of car transporters?
    There will be a mix of civil, military and of course, planes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast