Thread: DX:MD - SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS / PLATFORMS & STEAM / Benchmarks - Gen Discussion Thread

DX:MD - SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS / PLATFORMS & STEAM / Benchmarks - Gen Discussion Thread

Yeah, this seems fairly conclusive: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...ge_ssds_proof/

I'm amazed that companies are still spending money on DRM when at best, all it does is work as a countdown timer until being cracked. Obviously I'm not advocating piracy but it's just a digital arms race. Somebody makes a better weapon, somebody else makes better armor, and so on. At some point it's going to be happening so fast that it will just be more worthwhile to abandon the race than to try to keep up.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

The funny thing is - Denuvo is actually does a pretty decent job. It protects the copy protection. Pretty sure Lords of The Fallen and Fifa 15 were cracked but it took months - an eternity with all the groups out there.

Looking at the big titles of last year, Metal Gear Solid V has been cracked, but it's a buggy workaround. Mad Max AFAIK hasn't been cracked. Just Cause 3 and Tomb Raider are still not cracked. Denuvo apparently evolves between every game release and you have to start the process again with every game.

To be honest - I wasn't going to buy Tomb Raider. After seeing it has Denuvo and it realizing how long a crack would take I just bought the damn thing. It works. And piracy isn't always a lost sale et cetera et cetera.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PS4 & Xbox One Consoles Revealed?

DX:MD the new chapter of the acclaimed Square-Enix’s series, could have a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One limited edition bundle when it comes out.

The rumor originated by a couple of photos taken inside the Eidos Montreal Studios, showing a PS4 and a Xbox One with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided logo and style.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I think Square Enix are calling the shots when it comes to DRM. It was used on Just Cause 3, Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, those are SE games. For top AAA games it makes financial sense to use it, so I think Denuvo will be used for Mankind Divided.

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    I think Square Enix are calling the shots when it comes to DRM. It was used on Just Cause 3, Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, those are SE games. For top AAA games it makes financial sense to use it, so I think Denuvo will be used for Mankind Divided.
    if they do that's a lost sale because no way in hell i'm buying a denuvo title

Originally Posted by MalikNL
    if they do that's a lost sale because no way in hell i'm buying a denuvo title
    You really hate Denuvo that much? Why? I'm sure the game will have it's share of problems, but Denuvo is a pretty small one if at all.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Yeah, this seems fairly conclusive: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...ge_ssds_proof/

I'm amazed that companies are still spending money on DRM when at best, all it does is work as a countdown timer until being cracked. Obviously I'm not advocating piracy but it's just a digital arms race. Somebody makes a better weapon, somebody else makes better armor, and so on. At some point it's going to be happening so fast that it will just be more worthwhile to abandon the race than to try to keep up.
    To be fair, Denuvo seems to be quite successful up until now. I agree that most DRM are just a nuisance for legit customers, but with Denuvo cracking a game seems to take several weeks, enough time for quite a few people to grow impatient and actually buy a game.

EDIT: ALso I only just now noticed Vallux's post which pretty much says the same...

Do you know what's worse than fixed FoV? A FoV slider whose highest value isn't high enough.

IIRC Human Revolution's FoV is capped at 100 and it feels perfectly fine to me, but depending on factors like screen size, increasing popularity of ultrawide aspect ratio, and distance of the player, 100 may not be enough for some.
    Why contain it?
    signature image

DX Mac OS

Is there a planned port ofMankind Divided to OS X/MacOS? Search yielded no clues.

^
    Haven't spotted any information about this either, sorry.
    signature image

I'm quite surprised that they still don't seem to have released any system requirements for the PC version yet.

Interesting that they've been accepting pre-orders for almost a year now, yet some people won't know for sure whether or not they'd even be able to run the thing...

signature image

According to that unconfirmed system requirements I'm running on the bare minimum CPU to run the game.
    I guess it's time to upgrade or play on my current specs until Zen comes out.

And what about Windows verison? Windows 7 will be supported?

Hmmm, I can't imagine it not being supported.... ?
    I think it’s safe to say the specs will be similar to Hitman Absolution.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Followman
    And what about Windows verison? Windows 7 will be supported?
    Since its going to be AMD optimized I expect that there could be a Vulkan version of the game released alongside or near the launch of the DX12 version of the game. So in theory it should support windows 7/8/8.1 when the game releases. If anything you can ask one of the devs on twitter.

Question DeusEX:MD advantages of Windows10 and DX12?

are there any? like better performance or better graphics?

or do i have the same (visual) results with windows7?

thx

You can't.

If your not willing to give up your right to privacy, your not worth selling the game to.

The big money does not come from the game itself but from the data they collect about you. So if your not always online, they don't want you as an asset, I mean, customer.

:tinfoilhat:
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

8GB RAM OR i5 ?? Gamestoppers which will prevent game's launch on windows machine

I want to know if game has been setup in such a way that it will fail to start in windows if the computer does not contain 8GB RAM or a specific processor type i5 or i7

Some Games had failed to launch in the past for other reasons eg:

1) if Directx11 was not found in card, ( eg Metal Gear solid 5 phantom pain)
    2) If pixel shader 1.4 or higher was absent ( THIS WAS DEUS EX 2 itself in 2003/4)

I NEED THIS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH ( DEVELOPER'S) NOW AND END THE SUSPENSE NOW AND WANT TO PREVENT ANY UNWANTED SURPRISES AND HEART ATTACKS ON 23RD AUG

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    It doesn't always make financial sense. For example, for me, personally, I see Denuvo as a serious mistrust of the customer. When you mistrust me this much, why should I pay for your game?

I haven't once purchased a game with Denuvo and thankfully have the willpower not to, ever...

I certainly hope Square Enix doesn't choose to leave me with a hole in my Steam library because I'd really like to play DXMD.

Originally Posted by E_1971
    why should I pay for your game?

<snip>

because I'd really like to play DXMD.
    So, you should pay for the game because you would like to play it?

Proper DRM shouldn't cause any issues to the legitimate user and in turn that user shouldn't even think about what kind of DRM was used. You can't be choosy, either you don't like all DRM and therefore shouldn't buy anything from Steam or you should accept that Denuvo is used by companies because it works.

Reading this thread makes me glad that I gave up PC gaming. I refuse to allow Steam on any computer that I own.

DRM only penalizes the paying customer.

I'll stick with my XBox One thank you very much.

Originally Posted by FrankieSatt
    Reading this thread makes me glad that I gave up PC gaming. I refuse to allow Steam on any computer that I own.
    Yeah, you fight that good fight against a service that has only ever massively improved life for a huge majority of consumers. Don't worry, somebody someday will give you a trophy for being such a badass and not giving into the man.

Also lol@the end of your comment. An Xbox One IS DRM. It is literally physical DRM, it's hilarious that you think there's any difference between that and running Steam on your computer. The only difference is that Steam can be installed on ANY PC, while you can only play Xbox One games on an Xbox One, and can't even play most older Xbox games on it.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Yeah, you fight that good fight against a service that has only ever massively improved life for a huge majority of consumers. Don't worry, somebody someday will give you a trophy for being such a badass and not giving into the man.

Also lol@the end of your comment. An Xbox One IS DRM. It is literally physical DRM, it's hilarious that you think there's any difference between that and running Steam on your computer. The only difference is that Steam can be installed on ANY PC, while you can only play Xbox One games on an Xbox One, and can't even play most older Xbox games on it.
    The difference is that my XBox One is for gaming only so it doesn't matter about DRM. My PC is used for multiple things, and I'm glad that gaming is no longer one of them. Steam is a resource hog that isn't needed other than to check whether the game is legit or not. That is ALL Steam is used for.

Also, since the majority of games are designed for consoles anyway I'm perfectly happy.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last