Thread: FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

What the lodestone states is that people who own version 1.0 and want to play ps3 need to buy both copies, it is in the dark about all else.

Originally Posted by imported_Eric

What the lodestone states is that people who own version 1.0 and want to play ps3 need to buy both copies, it is in the dark about all else.

(Lodestone) --> "Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time."

If you already have purchased 1.0, you will only need to purchase the ps3 version to play on both pc and ps3 with the same account. What exactly is in the dark? What are you looking for?

I do not own version 1.0, I did not buy the original. So, I am seeking to clarify if I buy the Ps3 version only, and I get my hands on the client, would I have to pay for anything to use my Ps3 account on the pc at all.

I'm assuming you mean to download the PC version with a used/borrowed copy, which you can do, but you will need a registration code that is seperate from the ps3 version to play on PC, or you can probably use the ps3 code for the PC if it is unused, however you will need a seperate code for each platform if you want to play on both.

I'm assuming most of this on the basis of how FFXI is ran. But I am positive that you will need a registration code for each platform to run the game on both. FFXI sells registration codes online for people who already have the game installed. While it will probably be rare at the launch of the game, I'm sure they will do so with FFXIV as well.

Will I have to repurchase the game to be elligible for the in game goodies? On the square enix site it says FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is the only registered game on my acccount, nothing about it being collectors edition or anything. I remember there was a seperate site for FFXIV, was it consolidated on the square enix site?

Hello,

I am a FFXIV Legacy member and was curious if I would be able to apply the codes for the FFXIV: ARR Collectors Edition to my legacy account if I bought it? It makes sense that the codes could be applied the same way as the original collector edition codes, but some things are weird for Legacy accounts. Also, as the original never had its PS3 release and I plan to play ARR on the PS3 will that make a difference? Will Legacy accounts be recognized on the PS3 version?

I just found the answer to most of these questions on the pre-order website. Version 1.0 can be tied to the PS3 version when you first launch the PS3 version and owners of the version 1.0 collector's edition will recieve all of the items for ARR collector's edition for free upon the launch of ARR FOR FREE

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/...

Also as far as I know... the code is different for collectors than for normal. Is something that you shouldn't worry about since when I started to play I didn't have to add anything but the code to my account and automatically I got the items of the collectors instead of the normal preordered version.

i have my game account on the old ff14 site: secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/l...

but its not showing up on this site, and im unable to get my registration code to register it here (bought it as digital download).

is having it on the old site enough to get the free upgrade? i dont mean to sound like an entitled douch-nozzle but.. well if version 1.0 owners are supposed to get ARR free (not counting subscription fees of course) then.. well i feel like im entitled to it. what do i do?

(i tried posting this on the ff14 forum, but everytime i log on it says forced log off, log in again. after 20 tries i said it)

I am wondering the same thing. I have several SE accounts but I did not create a membership account until recently. I cannot link the accounts together nor could I log in with my SE account info like the Membership FAQ stated. I kept getting an popup saying my account info did not exist.

Same here. I can't help but wonder if there's something important I'm missing...

Originally Posted by Durav

I am wondering the same thing. I have several SE accounts but I did not create a membership account until recently. I cannot link the accounts together nor could I log in with my SE account info like the Membership FAQ stated. I kept getting an popup saying my account info did not exist.

well im thinking my accounts are actually linked/the same (they have the same password but its possible i just used the same one to memorize lol) but its still not showing on this one. if SE makes me buy it again, ima be PISSED

think i fall into the same boat. ive played ffxi before and was in the 14 beta 2 in april. but no code was given me.

Originally Posted by imported_nick

think i fall into the same boat. ive played ffxi before and was in the 14 beta 2 in april. but no code was given me.

you mean xiv? if you mean xi then you shouldnt get it, 11 and 14 are completely different mmos

im aware. just stating that i was a member for a while but today i had difficulty even logging in. and i participated in the xiv beta this year. thought that ment i didnt need to be accepted more than once

Originally Posted by imported_nick

im aware. just stating that i was a member for a while but today i had difficulty even logging in. and i participated in the xiv beta this year. thought that ment i didnt need to be accepted more than once

oh. i have no idea about that then

Hello all-- so I recieved an email telling me that all legacy members from FFXIV 1.0 would be granted access to tomorrows 3rd beta phase. (YIPPEE!)

And it is probably just me being paranoid, but I've yet to recieve my instruction email or code or anything.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I just feel like I should have gotten it by now, in preperation for tomorrow-- but perhaps one of you know more than I on the subject.

(And to make sure I was still legacy, I checked my games list and already have ARR listed under my registered titles so Yah, I dunno.)

Anyways, thanks for your time to whomever reads this.

Edrick--

Originally Posted by Edricken
    Hello all-- so I recieved an email telling me that all legacy members from FFXIV 1.0 would be granted access to tomorrows 3rd beta phase. (YIPPEE!)

And it is probably just me being paranoid, but I've yet to recieve my instruction email or code or anything.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I just feel like I should have gotten it by now, in preperation for tomorrow-- but perhaps one of you know more than I on the subject.

(And to make sure I was still legacy, I checked my games list and already have ARR listed under my registered titles so Yah, I dunno.)

Anyways, thanks for your time to whomever reads this.

Edrick--
    I wanted to know the same thing... so hopefully we'll see an e-mail tomorrow. I think in the e-mail I got they mentioned something about more information coming out on the 14th. *cross fingers*

My email stated that we would be sent information "at a later date"... it better not be too long! If we don't get something tomorrow, this is like a big mean tease!

Beta Testing

FFXIV: ARR is currently in the beta testing stage, with plans to begin the third phase of testing on June 14, 2013. All players who hold a service account from Version 1.0 have been granted access to the beta test.

We welcome all players from Version 1.0 to download the beta client and see the myriad changes in FFXIV: ARR.

* Additional information regarding how to participate in the beta test will be sent at a later date.

my buddy who just played the v1.0 beta, never owned the game, registered for the beta after i told him to register, just got an email with a beta key. I feel some of us 1.0 guys are cursed.

Ugh..I hope not-- if so I'd be sorely dissapointed in SE for forgetting about us..

Ugh..I hope not-- if so I'd be sorely dissapointed in SE for forgetting about us..
    same here... i'm waiting for my code, i have download the launcher but i'm stuck at the code part

gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/beta/...

Thanks for this! at least I can get the launcher downloaded and out of the way... now to await my email -_-;

Thanks for this! at least I can get the launcher downloaded and out of the way... now to await my email -_-;

YW my friend gave me this but we didnt know about the code until we encountered this part

Page 3 of 18 First First 123456713 ... Last